Cricket 19 General Discussion

D

Deleted member 185125

Hate to say it mate, but if they can't get ball/pitch wear right, the chances of them programming the Duckworth-Lewis-Stern method correctly are very remote!

I turn rain off. Living back in England most of my (real) cricketing life is blighted by rain.

But I agree it should be there.

I think we have to face the fact that this is a very good (perhaps even excellent) arcade game, not an accurate simulation of real cricket and the tactical challenges associated with it. Perhaps future editions may come closer to a simulation but it has a long way to go. I certainly think there is a market for an accurate simulation, just as there is a market for accurate driving simulators (Assetto Corsa, Grand Prix Legends) alongside arcade offerings (Forza etc). It will be interesting to see what direction BA take. My own feeling is that the average cricket fans has a considerable depth of knowledge about their sport and greater fidelity to real conditions will be demanded as time goes on
Don't think it (being an arcade game) can be an excuse not to get things right. For example, front foot no ball for spinners is still missing in BA games. I don't expect them to get DLS 100% accurate, but atleast not this wrong either.
I was extremely disappointed the way the Ashes17 game was left the way it was. Definitely had the potential of being way better. I hope that it wouldn't be the case with Cricket 19.
Don't think Beta Testers are at any fault. Infact we wouldn't have the game at this level of it was not because of them.

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Don't think it (being an arcade game) can be an excuse not to get things right. For example, front foot no ball for spinners is still missing in BA games. I don't expect them to get DLS 100% accurate, but atleast not this wrong either.
I was extremely disappointed the way the Ashes17 game was left the way it was. Definitely had the potential of being way better. I hope that it wouldn't be the case with Cricket 19.
Don't think Beta Testers are at any fault. Infact we wouldn't have the game at this level of it was not because of them.
There are far more pros than cons, but sometimes the cons are annoying to say the least.

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Does anyone have an idea if the Issue with Blue and Yellow balls going aerial if timed Late is being looked at ?

Its a fundamentally wrong Batting Physic , and need attention as currently Online you just bowl fast/slow Yellow/Blue balls , and wait for the inevitable loop to Mid On/Off/Bowler.

D

Dutch

There are far more pros than cons, but sometimes the cons are annoying to say the least.
I think the frustration is that it is perceived by some that many of the cons could easily be fixed. Or that some cons have been fixed and become a pro only to be broken again.

I have no insight either into programming or development cycles so restrain from giving judgement on those things but I would have liked the process of fixing things to have been intenser.

It surprised me that there wasnt a massive push to get things done at the start of the Ashes, the flagship part If the game.

Having said that the process isnt finished yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
I think the frustration is that it is perceived by some that many of the cons could easily be fixed. Or that some cons have been fixed and become a pro only to be broken again.

I have no insight either into programming or development cycles so restrain from giving judgement on those things but I would have liked the process of fixing things to have been intenser.

Having said that the process isnt finished yet.
I know how difficult coding or even working on it can be difficult. For example I was recently using WordPress at my internship to update my organisation's website, I made one error while saving and boom, the whole website crashed. Then I had to go into their coding panel, and remove the problematic part of it. This is just a website, can't imagine how difficult game coding is.

Yes of course, people assume that it is for devs to be more responsible having taken a good amount of money, but from a dev point of view they too want to give a great game, they aren't making a game with faults on purpose.

In the end we consumers have to be patient, and the devs a bit more open with us and a tad bit quicker in fixing things (I admit it isn't easy, but one can hope)!

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Does anyone have an idea if the Issue with Blue and Yellow balls going aerial if timed Late is being looked at ?

Its a fundamentally wrong Batting Physic , and need attention as currently Online you just bowl fast/slow Yellow/Blue balls , and wait for the inevitable loop to Mid On/Off/Bowler.
I have my timing window hud off, so I just am patient in playing those shots. Blue (Full/Yorker) Balls have to be allowed to come to the bat and you can smack those for a six or an aerial shot. Yellow (Full) Balls you either put it in the game waiting or defend!

D

Dutch

The temptation is to point at a developer like Hello Games the makers of No Mans Sky: in three years they completely transformed their game with massive free updates with the largest coming out tomorrow: a team varying from 15 to 25.

But and this is a very very very big but: they sold millions and millions and millions of units of that game throughout that process with new players coming in each time a free update dropped.

BA just dont have that luxury: they have to keep working on different things to keep afloat.

Reactions: DAP

Mitchell

Panel of Selectors
AUS..
Profile Flag
Australia
The temptation is to point at a developer like Hello Games the makers of No Mans Sky: in three years they completely transformed their game with massive free updates with the largest coming out tomorrow: a team varying from 15 to 25.

But and this is a very very very big but: they sold millions and millions and millions of units of that game throughout that process with new players coming in each time a free update dropped.

BA just dont have that luxury: they have to keep working on different things to keep afloat.
Government most likely give them a hand too referring to big ant too

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I have my timing window hud off, so I just am patient in playing those shots. Blue (Full/Yorker) Balls have to be allowed to come to the bat and you can smack those for a six or an aerial shot. Yellow (Full) Balls you either put it in the game waiting or defend!

Mate, they are not unplayable so to speak.

In Pro20`s for example, they pose less of an issue as your allways looking to score and hit big square, so they do get put away at deep square leg ( the go to shot for Online Play) .

Its in the Online Tests where its hugely problematic , where you try your best to play straight in the "V" , (until Ross flicks the nick switch and you nick off with Ideal,Good,Ideal inputs for a couple of overs)

You have lightning fast bowlers , and if you wait a millisecond too late before playing these balls straight, they then loop to mid on and mid off , especially if they are set on the normal positions.

The tricky part comes in here, because they can all bowl a perfect slow ball at will every 2nd ball, you inevitably get caught out second guessing which one he is going to bowl.

If the late played shots could at least keep to the ground as they should (and allways did in all games before this one) , then we would just have late timed yorkers dribbling away along the ground and not causing catches.

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Mate, they are not unplayable so to speak.

In Pro20`s for example, they pose less of an issue as your allways looking to score and hit big square, so they do get put away at deep square leg ( the go to shot for Online Play) .

Its in the Online Tests where its hugely problematic , where you try your best to play straight in the "V" , (until Ross flicks the nick switch and you nick off with Ideal,Good,Ideal inputs for a couple of overs)

You have lightning fast bowlers , and if you wait a millisecond too late before playing these balls straight, they then loop to mid on and mid off , especially if they are set on the normal positions.

The tricky part comes in here, because they can all bowl a perfect slow ball at will every 2nd ball, you inevitably get caught out second guessing which one he is going to bowl.

If the late played shots could at least keep to the ground as they should (and allways did in all games before this one) , then we would just have late timed yorkers dribbling away along the ground and not causing catches.
I am not active on the online part or things, but in test matches on hardest I used to switch between precision shots (R1) and normal defense (R2)!

EdgedAndGone

Club Captain
I had logged issues on ball and pitch degradation affecting the physics of the game with support@bigant and I got a reply.

The issues:
upload_2019-8-13_13-44-19.png
The reply:
upload_2019-8-13_13-45-56.png

I am hoping they resolve something in the next patch!

Sahil70

Club Captain
While I have given up that fielding component will get improved, just wish that something could be done to make fielders react a bit quicker. Its very frustrating to see a fielder chase the ball down to the boundary , flick it back before it gets there, then take an age to come back ,pick up and throw, by which time AI batsmen have run 4 anyway.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
I had logged issues on ball and pitch degradation affecting the physics of the game with support@bigant and I got a reply.

The issues:
View attachment 225895
The reply:
View attachment 225896

I am hoping they resolve something in the next patch!

We have been speaking about this for months..

It wasn’t something unknown. I have been pushing for it since Day Dot.

Users who are viewing this thread