Straight Drives = death (c&b)

smth77

School Cricketer
Ever since the patch which made fielders generally a lot more active has resulted in the bowlers taking everything now when sometimes they shouldn't be in terms of caught and bowled.
And straight drives are pretty useless as all it does is get you out now. That's the only gripe I have so far. I think what happens is when they improve 1 thing, they dont check if it effects other things. For this case it made straight drives c&b the most common mode of dismissal if you play that shot.

AsadRM

Panel of Selectors
PAK...
RCB...
LQ
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
It is literally unplayable.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Looking at the thread title I thought it was some mathematical formula..:D

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Have you guys tried aggressive ground straight drives? because this last patch has fixed it so that they stay on the ground....

AsadRM

Panel of Selectors
PAK...
RCB...
LQ
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Have you guys tried aggressive ground straight drives? because this last patch has fixed it so that they stay on the ground....
They can't be played in Standard Controls[DOUBLEPOST=1571848419][/DOUBLEPOST]
Looking at the thread title I thought it was some mathematical formula..:D
Students today we will learn that a=d
It is equal to perpendicular and angle bisector and hence the formula is straight= Death×Caught

Willoughby63

User Title Purchaser
ENG....
Mumbai Indians
RCB...
Sydney Sixers
Profile Flag
England
Maybe playable as Power ground shot. I got one straight drive to go for four like that. But yeah, death otherwise.
I have a realistic success rate for straight drives run-scoring wise.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Yeah the loop issue is frustrating but I just restart the game if it happens.. I wanted to get that out of the game long back but guess its something thats something to do with physics issue with the game like the top of the bat issue..

But these days I dont force a straight drive rather an on drive or off drive which reduces the bowler pouncing on to the ball.. But still it does happen.. On some shots I get a proper ground shots with straight drives which I dont know what triggers that..

You can see that the straight drive bounces too much in general even when AI plays it.. I really want to get all those shots right , hopefully in future..

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Its mostly the ball which skids through goes grounded more often than a ball swinging in the air off loopy pace.. You might get this with animations of Cummins and another one whose bowling are more pacy and skiddier..

Another thing is covering the line of the ball with your footwork also helps in making that possible.. Even in the above screenshot you can see the foot covering the line and bat having a nice follow through with the line of the ball which makes you middle it well without having the loop up issue..

D

Dutch

Well I just got caught and bowled with all three ideal windows.
Which is still valid I think: you have hit the ball sweetly and correctly but the bowler caught it. Bad luck. I think the windows just give a reflection of how good your shot comes off the bat in terms of those three elements but says nothing about where the ball ends up after that. I sweetly timed cover drive can still get stopped in the covers.

Users who are viewing this thread