TENNIS AO Tennis

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
Great doubles match in the Davis Cup semis. No disrespect to Lopez, and great effort by the British pair, but Nadal could probably have beaten them on his own.:)

It's got to be good advertising for AOT2 that Nadal finishes the year at No.1.

Reactions: DAP

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
Looks great! Good to hear that there's more variety in the players. That was important.

Oh, and the animated Mike Merren almost looks real :)

D

Dutch

Wow! Some good developments there that will hopefully make their way over to cricket!

D

Deleted member 9102

Lots of emphasis on the cosmetics like faces, stadium exteriors and cutscenes, but the few snippets of gameplay look almost identical to the first game. :(

JohnnyDGaming89

County Cricketer
Lots of emphasis on the cosmetics like faces, stadium exteriors and cutscenes, but the few snippets of gameplay look almost identical to the first game. :(

I was mostly looking at the gameplay parts of the video, I didn't really see any of these new animations apart from what they showed on Khachanov. I hope the gameplay is old footage, but who knows.

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
As a general buyer of sports games, on different platforms, I had also bought AO Tennis 1. However, it was not something that I kept coming back to, like I did with Ashes Cricket or Cricket 19 (even older BA Games and some FIFA as well)! It was fun in bits and pieces, but not enough to keep me playing frequently!

AO Tennis 2, does sound something that I could consider. The original was better than its competitor in TWT.

Also, as a Cricket 19 fan, and the cricket series of BA in general, this game is important too. As @Dutch says, everything that comes to this game will have an improved version in their next cricket game. That's how we got a really good playface feature.

However, what I do know, I am not buying it on Switch. These are much better in home consoles.

Cro Morgan

School Cricketer

Exactly!

Big Ant has their priorities completely out of order.

The first version of the game failed largely because of the gameplay. Did Big Ant take that to heart? Apparently not as the “AO Tennis 2 : Dev Diary 1” video is bragging of how they replicated the stadiums to look “exactly how they do in real life” - they’re also touting the addition of “press rooms and conference rooms bringing more authenticity into the game.”

Of course all of this means nothing if the gameplay is bad.

Big Ant seems to be making a tennis version of The Sims, and not concentrating on what really matters.

Why is this obvious to everyone but Big Ant?!

Nard2020

Club Captain
Exactly!

Big Ant has their priorities completely out of order.

The first version of the game failed largely because of the gameplay. Did Big Ant take that to heart? Apparently not as the “AO Tennis 2 : Dev Diary 1” video is bragging of how they replicated the stadiums to look “exactly how they do in real life” - they’re also touting the addition of “press rooms and conference rooms bringing more authenticity into the game.”

Of course all of this means nothing if the gameplay is bad.

Big Ant seems to be making a tennis version of The Sims, and not concentrating on what really matters.

Why is this obvious to everyone but Big Ant?!

I'd say that was to be expected considering the title of the Dev Diary was literally the AO Precinct and Players....... Let's give them the benefit of the doubt and calm down for now, one of the guys in the video even mentioned that the gameplay has been overhauled. i expect a second Dev Diary to come and it will probably have a theme/focus of the gameplay changes and motion capture.

Cro Morgan

School Cricketer
I'd say that was to be expected considering the title of the Dev Diary was literally the AO Precinct and Players....... Let's give them the benefit of the doubt and calm down for now, one of the guys in the video even mentioned that the gameplay has been overhauled. i expect a second Dev Diary to come and it will probably have a theme/focus of the gameplay changes and motion capture.

An optimistic soul, I like that.

Users who are viewing this thread