3.:nzf: Kane Williamson :bat:
4.:aus: Steve Smith :bat::c:
5.:eng: Kevin Pietersen :bat:
6.:ind:M.S. Dhoni :wkb:
7.:wi: Jason Holder :ar:
9.:pak:Yasir Shah :bwl:
10.:eng: Stuart Broad :bwl:
11.:ind:Ishant Sharma :bwl:

Second opener, South Africa's Dean Elgar - Averaging 39.05 since 2012 with 12 100's and 14 50's, seems to be the best opening option left on the board

Last edited:
B

Bigby Wolf

Tom Latham :nzf:

Tom Latham will be my opener alongside Cook.Latham scored 3554 runs in 49 matches for New Zealand at an average of 42.81 with 11 hundreds and 16 fifties
BIGBY'S 2010s TEST XI

1.:bat:Tom Latham:nzf:

2.:bat:Alastair Cook:eng:
3.:bat:
Hashim Amla:saf:
4. :bat: Virat Kohli:ind:
5. :bat:Joe Root:eng:
6.:wkb:Mushfiqur Rahim:ban:
8.:bwl:Mitchell Starc:aus:
9.:bwl:Kagiso Rabada:saf:
10.:bwl:Nathan Lyon:aus:
11.:bwl:Morne Morkel:saf:

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
i guess it’s my go next?

most of the best openers have gone, so I’m relaxed about that. I’m considering options for my number 6 or generally my remaining middle order batsman.

a couple of guys with excellent records specifically at number 6. Or an icon of the game who’s record in the 2010s can’t compare to the rest of his career but who nevertheless produced one of the moments of the decade, and would give me a floating 4/5/6 I can shuffle according to circumstance...

decisions decisions[DOUBLEPOST=1578994225][/DOUBLEPOST]
@blockerdave is next forgot to tag him.

no worries I figured it out

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
A quick statsguru check and it turns his record in the 2010s wasn’t half bad...

the incomparable Sachin Tendulkar, in playing his 200th test match delivered surely one of the moments of the decade.

though it was only a small portion of his career, he still played 38 Tests between 2010-2013, scoring 2,951 runs at 50.01 with 8 centuries and 14 50s. Some people would be happy with that as a career, for him it was a footnote.

him, de villiers and misbah give me a powerful and flexible engine room at 4/5/6 and they can float depending on situation and conditions. Pujara can drop anchor and bat around them. They can attack or defend as necessary.

1. Chris Gayle
  2. ...
  3. Cheteshwar Pujara
  4. A.B. De Villiers
  5. Sachin Tendulkar
  6. Misbah Ul Haq
  7. B.J. Watling
  8. Mitchell Johnson
  9. Ryan Harris
  10. Rangana Herath
  11. Mohammed Aamir

back to you @Bigby Wolf

Last edited:
B

Bigby Wolf

A quick statsguru check and it turns his record in the 2010s wasn’t half bad...

the incomparable Sachin Tendulkar, in playing his 200th test match delivered surely one of the moments of the decade.

though it was only a small portion of his career, he still played 38 Tests between 2010-2013, scoring 2,951 runs at 50.01 with 8 centuries and 14 50s. Some people would be happy with that as a career, for him it was a footnote.

him, de villiers and misbah give me a powerful and flexible engine room at 4/5/6 and they can float depending on situation and conditions. Pujara can drop anchor and bat around them. They can attack or defend as necessary.

back to you @Bigby Wolf
WOW!

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Yeah, that's a fantastic pick. He was my fourth choice of middle-order batsman, but I got all my top three picks so had no real need of Tendulkar. Which sounds like a mad thing to say given that I just had the opportunity to go Sanga / Younis / Sachin / Shiv

I have regrets. Could have just opened the batting with Big Vern to make room

As it is though I've still got two world-class keeper-batsmen to choose from

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Yeah, that's a fantastic pick. He was my fourth choice of middle-order batsman, but I got all my top three picks so had no real need of Tendulkar. Which sounds like a mad thing to say given that I just had the opportunity to go Sanga / Younis / Sachin / Shiv

I have regrets. Could have just opened the batting with Big Vern to make room

As it is though I've still got two world-class keeper-batsmen to choose from

I think everyone has got their openers, which means I'll get the guy I'm now hoping to get. I'll be pretty happy with my team, obviously not all who I'd have picked if I had a full choice rather than "who is still available". I think the only question mark on my team is I'll be one of the few with a 4-man attack and not even a "Jonathon Trott" figure to eat some overs seam-up.

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I think everyone has got their openers, which means I'll get the guy I'm now hoping to get. I'll be pretty happy with my team, obviously not all who I'd have picked if I had a full choice rather than "who is still available". I think the only question mark on my team is I'll be one of the few with a 4-man attack and not even a "Jonathon Trott" figure to eat some overs seam-up.
Yeah but Tendulkar isn't a bad option as a proto-Root so it should be okay.

If I'd been really switched on, I might have picked Sachin and Latham then given Latham the gloves

B

Bigby Wolf

Mohammed Shami:ind:

Well I wanted to go Four Geninue Quicks and Mohammed Shami is my my final pick of the draft. Starc and Rabada will open the bowling with Morne and Shami as the 2nd change and Shami has an inredible 2nd innings record where he just runs through the opposition picking up wickets with the older ball with the help of reverese swing. Starc and Shami reversing the ball will be one hell of a challenge for the batsmen.
The bowling lineup conists of Rabada ,Starc ,Morkel,Shami and Lyon - Gotta say it can run through any batting lineup in any conditions.

STATS - 175 wickets @27.09 in 47 matches.

BIGBY'S 2010s TEST XI

1.:bat:
Tom Latham:nzf:
7.:bwl:Mitchell Starc:aus:
8.:bwl:Mohammed Shami:ind:

@DalePlaysSports

P.S - The Tail enders batting order I would like to change as compared to the real position - Lyon plays at 10 or 11 for Australia and is clearly better bet than Shami who just slogs his way out at 9 and 10.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Mohammed Shami:ind:

Well I wanted to go Four Geninue Quicks and Mohammed Shami is my my final pick of the draft. Starc and Rabada will open the bowling with Morne and Shami as the 2nd change and Shami has an inredible 2nd innings record where he just runs through the opposition picking up wickets with the older ball with the help of reverese swing. Starc and Shami reversing the ball will be one hell of a challenge for the batsmen.
The bowling lineup conists of Rabada ,Starc ,Morkel,Shami and Lyon - Gotta say it can run through any batting lineup in any conditions.

STATS - 175 wickets @27.09 in 47 matches.

BIGBY'S 2010s TEST XI

1.:bat:
Tom Latham:nzf:
7.:bwl:Mitchell Starc:aus:
8.:bwl:Mohammed Shami:ind:

@DalePlaysSports

P.S - The Tail enders batting order I would like to change as compared to the real position - Lyon plays at 10 or 11 for Australia and is clearly better bet than Shami who just slogs his way out at 9 and 10.

very strong bowling attack but I think a few of the other bowling attacks would be licking their lips at that long tail!

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
1.:ind:Murali Vijay :bat:
2.:saf:Dean Elgar :bat:
3.:nzf:Kane Williamson :bat:
4.:aus:Steve Smith :bat::c:
5.:eng:Kevin Pietersen :bat:
6.:ind:M.S. Dhoni :wkb:
7.:wi:Jason Holder :ar:
8.:nzf:Trent Boult :bwl:
9.:pak:Yasir Shah :bwl:
10.:eng:Stuart Broad :bwl:
11.:ind:Ishant Sharma :bwl:

Put together 256 wickets at an average of 28 since 2011, with an economy rate under 3. I'll probably change the batting line up around tomorrow.

@AsadRM

Users who are viewing this thread