TENNIS AO Tennis 2

JohnnyDGaming89

County Cricketer
I just started an amateur career, and I was surprised how good the AI player was. I think he was too good for that level, even though he was the top seed.

It doesn't seem right that in the very first career match we get to face the #1 seed.

The injury thing is weird, you're right. It's a good idea, but when you see a player barely able hobble around between points, and then play without any ill effect, it doesn't make sense.

Yeah see this is the thing, it's not just on higher levels that the AI isn't making unforced errors, it's on the lower levels as well. I'm playing on Pro and the AI has made 2-3 unforced errors at the most across 2 sets.

Yeah I find the injury thing a bit strange as I've noticed stamina regenerates and goes back to full eventually despite the recurrence of injuries (all the same one so far)

Reactions: DAP

TomW777

Club Captain
I just started an amateur career, and I was surprised how good the AI player was. I think he was too good for that level, even though he was the top seed.

It doesn't seem right that in the very first career match we get to face the #1 seed.

The injury thing is weird, you're right. It's a good idea, but when you see a player barely able hobble around between points, and then play without any ill effect, it doesn't make sense.
I saw one reviewer suggest that you couldn't shorten matches in career mode by reducing games and/or sets anymore. Is this correct? I seem to remember that in AO 1 you could shorten the matches this way.

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
I saw one reviewer suggest that you couldn't shorten matches in career mode by reducing games and/or sets anymore. Is this correct? I seem to remember that in AO 1 you could shorten the matches this way.

You can set those up at the beginning of a career, but I don't see anyway to change them once you're into a career. I don't remember what you could do in AO1.

JohnnyDGaming89

County Cricketer
You can set those up at the beginning of a career, but I don't see anyway to change them once you're into a career. I don't remember what you could do in AO1.

From memory in the first game you could change them during a career, the only ones you couldn't change was the challenger type matches which were locked at either 3 or 5 sets.

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England

It looks like you can change anything on this screen between career matches:

20200114112241_1.jpg

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
Yeah see this is the thing, it's not just on higher levels that the AI isn't making unforced errors, it's on the lower levels as well. I'm playing on Pro and the AI has made 2-3 unforced errors at the most across 2 sets.

Yeah I find the injury thing a bit strange as I've noticed stamina regenerates and goes back to full eventually despite the recurrence of injuries (all the same one so far)

I just finished a career match, and the AI only made 2 unforced errors in the whole match. And this is at amateur level. That's ridiculous.

Dmayne

School Cricketer
I've got to say I'm enjoying it so far. Think everybody has touched on the tweaks needed and there's lots of little quality of life improvements that it could do with such as being able to change the number of sets/games mid tournament but overall it's a good effort.

Couple of things people might be able to help with:

- Not sure if anyone else has had this but I'm about a year into my career and every single player has dropped by about 5 overall points? I'd get it if it was the older players but even the younger ones have dropped. Reckon this is a bug or is there something I'm missing like it being down to form (not sure everyone in the top 100 can be on bad form!)

- On Cricket 19 you can copy bats, outfits etc. Is there anyway to so that on this? For example, I want to use an outfit of a downloaded player for my career player but I could only do that by importing each logo separately (and I invariably can't get it lined up perfectly)

One of the biggest frustrations is that there doesn't seem to be a dedicated community/forum for the game. If you think about the size of this site and how much more unknown cricket is to the general gaming audience, it's pretty weird that this seems to be the most active forum! I'm guessing BA pop in from time to time on this thread, or rather did on the last one?

I'd definitely recommend the game to anybody who hasn't got a tennis game yet. Tweak the AI and you'll have a very good game in my opinion.

Last edited:

Dmayne

School Cricketer
I've got to say I'm enjoying it so far. Think everybody has touched on the tweaks needed and there's lots of little quality of life improvements that it could do with such as being able to change the number of sets/games mid tournament but overall it's a good effort.

Couple of things people might be able to help with:

- Not sure if anyone else has had this but I'm about a year into my career and every single player has dropped by about 5 overall points? I'd get it if it was the older players but even the younger ones have dropped. Reckon this is a bug or is there something I'm missing like it being down to form (not sure everyone in the top 100 can be on bad form!)

- On Cricket 19 you can copy bats, outfits etc. Is there anyway to so that on this? For example, I want to use an outfit of a downloaded player for my career player but I could only do that by importing each logo separately (and I invariably can't get it lined up perfectly)

One of the biggest frustrations is that there doesn't seem to be a dedicated community/forum for the game. If you think about the size of this site and how much more unknown cricket is to the general gaming audience, it's pretty weird that this seems to be the most active forum! I'm guessing BA pop in from time to time on this thread, or rather did on the last one?

I'd definitely recommend the game to anybody who hasn't got a tennis game yet. Tweak the AI and you'll have a very good game in my opinion.

Update on the above: I've done a full year and on average, they've probably dropped somewhere between 7-10 points. Federer has retired too.

On the injuries point people have made; I think it affects how your stamina regenerates as I played a proper 6 game, 3 set match yesterday and it definitely didn't go past a certain point after a few games though that could be down to the fatigue from traveling (which is a good idea although annoying you can't travel ahead of time when you have a free week). I did win that first round match then get a notification that I was injured for 4 days so it's definitely doing something. I could play the next game but all my physical attributes had dropped by about 30 so I just forfeit.

I've noticed one really cool touch which is that whilst my surname was available in commentary, the crowd do every now and then shout out my first name?! Not sure how it's picking that up. Though I do have a pretty common name; not sure it I'll be the same with some of the names out there!

D

Dutch

Update on the above: I've done a full year and on average, they've probably dropped somewhere between 7-10 points. Federer has retired too.

On the injuries point people have made; I think it affects how your stamina regenerates as I played a proper 6 game, 3 set match yesterday and it definitely didn't go past a certain point after a few games though that could be down to the fatigue from traveling (which is a good idea although annoying you can't travel ahead of time when you have a free week). I did win that first round match then get a notification that I was injured for 4 days so it's definitely doing something. I could play the next game but all my physical attributes had dropped by about 30 so I just forfeit.

I've noticed one really cool touch which is that whilst my surname was available in commentary, the crowd do every now and then shout out my first name?! Not sure how it's picking that up. Though I do have a pretty common name; not sure it I'll be the same with some of the names out there!
You might be winning me over! Keep up the reports!

Dmayne

School Cricketer
You might be winning me over! Keep up the reports!

I'm not sure I will be! Sadly that bug in terms of the AI decreasing, exists across the default database and custom databases. Don't mind guys dripping a few points as obviously I don't want to see Federer still number 1 in the world at 45 but even the young players are dropping up to 10 points in a year.

It's just such a shame that yet another BA game has got a huge issue on career mode. I can deal with the minor gameplay quirks but for me, the big single player modes are what I pay full whack for. Because the career mode is surprisingly decent on this, even the cutscenes and interviews are enjoyable because they're quite infrequent.

And I guess one thing I'm wary of, is how we proper get feedback to them. With the cricket games, they're in here and willing to take on board feedback in a way few developers are, but there doesn't seem to be a clear way for us to provide feedback. The BA forums are dead. It's probably the lack of community that I find frustrating to, compared to Cricket 19.

I know people always say how great Topspin 4 was but I never played it. I had 3 and this is a million miles better and also a million times better than Tennis World Tour (which may be the worst game I have ever bought for full price), so find it hard to believe it's not a better game than Topspin 4, it's just let down by the same issues that persist with the developer. I've got to say, I do think that is influenced by the considerably smaller budget BA operates with.

I still stand by the above that with a couple of tweaks it'll be a great game of tennis. It will need to fix non gameplay bugs like this one to be an all-round good game though.

HBK619

Big Ant Studios
Big Ant
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I'm not sure I will be! Sadly that bug in terms of the AI decreasing, exists across the default database and custom databases. Don't mind guys dripping a few points as obviously I don't want to see Federer still number 1 in the world at 45 but even the young players are dropping up to 10 points in a year.

It's just such a shame that yet another BA game has got a huge issue on career mode. I can deal with the minor gameplay quirks but for me, the big single player modes are what I pay full whack for. Because the career mode is surprisingly decent on this, even the cutscenes and interviews are enjoyable because they're quite infrequent.

And I guess one thing I'm wary of, is how we proper get feedback to them. With the cricket games, they're in here and willing to take on board feedback in a way few developers are, but there doesn't seem to be a clear way for us to provide feedback. The BA forums are dead. It's probably the lack of community that I find frustrating to, compared to Cricket 19.

I know people always say how great Topspin 4 was but I never played it. I had 3 and this is a million miles better and also a million times better than Tennis World Tour (which may be the worst game I have ever bought for full price), so find it hard to believe it's not a better game than Topspin 4, it's just let down by the same issues that persist with the developer. I've got to say, I do think that is influenced by the considerably smaller budget BA operates with.

I still stand by the above that with a couple of tweaks it'll be a great game of tennis. It will need to fix non gameplay bugs like this one to be an all-round good game though.
Big Ant are everywhere, watching everything. Alongside Big Ben there's numerous avenues to give feedback.

If you really want to make sure you have a direct line to Big Ant, then please feel free to visit our support site and submit a ticket:
https://support.bigant.com/support/home

However, as I can, I will say we'll investigate your issue and see what's happening.

HBK619

Big Ant Studios
Big Ant
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Wow that ended up sounding oddly creepy. When did Big Ant merge with the NSA?
tenor.gif

Nard2020

Club Captain
Big Ant are everywhere, watching everything. Alongside Big Ben there's numerous avenues to give feedback.

If you really want to make sure you have a direct line to Big Ant, then please feel free to visit our support site and submit a ticket:
https://support.bigant.com/support/home

However, as I can, I will say we'll investigate your issue and see what's happening.
So what's the real issue with interacting and answering the community? Yes some questions are obnoxious but i see no harm in questions about territory release dates, base roster inquires , content roadmaps or timeline of things to be done for the game etc. Many of us pay money, support these games and give fair and constructive feedback. It goes a long way to be transparent and accessible. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread