Discuss all your great wins/losses/draws here.

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
PlanetCricket Award Winner
So I've been playing ICC 2012 as Lancashire, who have a fearsome bowling line-up that includes Anderson, Chapple, Hogg, Mahmood, Shahzad, Keedy, Kerrigan and Parry. Naturally, I tried to include all of them in the same team, and a few of them are competent enough with the bat to constitute a respectable batting order.

Code:
Cambridge UCCE v Lancashire
University Match - 6 Apr 2012

Lancashire - 1st Innings
----------------------------------------------
P Horton        b Adam                    18
J Benning       c Perham b Coleman        56
A Shahzad       lbw b Coleman             268
G Cross         b Adam                    15
K Hogg          c Swann b Adam            0
G Chapple       lbw b Coleman             29
S Mahmood       lbw b Perham              49
S Parry         lbw b Coleman             90
G Keedy         not out                   12
S Kerrigan      b Knowles                 5
J Anderson      not out                   7
Extras: (nb15,w4,lb2)                     21
TOTAL: (9 wkts, 148 overs)                570

O       M       R       W
H Adam          40      3       142     3
T Perham        35      1       151     1
C Coleman       36      3       141     4
M Donald        24      3       90      0
G Friend        9       0       37      0
J Knowles       4       1       7       1
Fall of Wickets:
1-31  2-131  3-153  4-153  5-238  
6-328  7-545  8-546  9-556  

Match Drawn
Man of the match: A Shahzad

As you can see, Ajmal Shahzad has been the stand-out with the bat out of that bunch, and he's been decent with the ball too. Saj Mahmood turned out to be pretty chronic, though, so he got dropped pretty soon after this Uni game. Anderson was the next worst of my seamers, but England wanted him too, conveniently enough.

Aislabie

Ireland
So I was playing ICC as Bangladesh, and I've found that the best way to select a side for them is to just pick the 11 best batsmen and use the spinners accordingly. This usually means Shakib and Mahmudullah bowling near-enough unchanged through the game, which is an impressive workload coupled with their duties at numbers three and four in the batting order. On this occasion, seven Bangladeshi batsmen passed fifty: Tamim Iqbal, Shahriar Nafees, Mahmudullah, Nasir Hossain, Mehrab Hossain, Mohammad Ashraful, and - of course - Shakib Al Hasan.

With an innings of 346 not out, from 671 deliveries, including 41 fours and three sixes, followed by bowling figures of 38.5-5-91-6 and 48.4-11-98-6, I think this one might go down as Shakib's Match.

Temp.png

Side-note: The SA-Zimbabwe game was a low-scoring thriller as well.

Aislabie

Ireland
Two successive(ish) games as Sussex in a recent save.

First off was this remarkable one-dayer, dominated by Graham Onions:
ICC1.png

Then, a few minutes later, I pick a side that's pretty heavy on all-rounders and this happens:
ICC2.png
The ninth wicket partnership was worth 332.

Also, Joe Gatting is immense for me in this save.

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Online Cricket Games Owned
Not sure what's going on. I got bored so decided.... to pick a team full of Hossain's. Thought my bowling would be okay and my batting would be terrible, then somehow my batsmen score more than what the Bangladesh team had ever done over the past year.... Although two centuries from Farhad Hossain (along with 2/92 and 4/74 with the ball) certainly helped.

bf9ba92950.jpg

7d7cdc92ec.jpg

Bilal Sultan

School Cricketer
I don't know if this counts coz I have no screenshots to prove it, but a couple of years back I was playing ICC III, and in a world cup game I think, Australia needed 4 off the final over and were 6 down. I was defending around 230 maybe, so Afridi's 0-35 in 5 was expensive but all other bowlers were bowled out, so I gave him a shot and he got 4 wickets in 4 balls![DOUBLEPOST=1479033535][/DOUBLEPOST]I'm playing cricket captain 2016 now with Leicestershire and we have won a couple of games after conceding a first innings lead of more than 100 runs[DOUBLEPOST=1479033592][/DOUBLEPOST]I'll post screenies of the next win:D

Aislabie

Ireland
upload_2017-2-20_22-4-10.png

So I recently bit the bullet and bought Cricket Captain 2016. One of the players who keeps on giving for me domestically (I'm playing as Chevrolet Warriors, aka Port Elizabeth) is Bjorn Fortuin. Naturally, my first act as national team captain was to give him his Test debut. When batting, he came in at number eight with the side in a decent position and proceeded to flay Test cricket's fourth-fastest 200 while putting on a South African record seventh-wicket partnership of 363 with Temba Bavuma. This also propelled South Africa to their highest ever Test score.

He then also added to this innings match figures of 50-9-149-9, meaning that the difference between his Test batting average and Test bowling average is 220. No prizes for guessing who got Man of the Match.

Currently, after just one Test, Fortuin is ranked above Joe Burns with the bat and above Mohammed Shami with the ball thanks to CC2016's rankings formula. Remarkable scenes.

Aislabie

Ireland
It doesn't look as if there's anyone around here anymore, but if there is I'd like to share Zubair de Bruyn's 536-ball century as a contender for slowest-ever.

upload_2018-11-8_21-56-30.png

The reason we play like this is because when we're so hopelessly outmatched by our opposition, it's often more effective to set our stall out for the draw.

Aislabie

Ireland
How to win in T20s in CC pls tell
Stack the side with "aggressive" or "very aggressive" batsmen down to about number eight. Have them bat at maximum aggression and approach with fingers firmly crossed.

Bowling-wise, open the bowling with your two best seamers and bowl them straight through for four overs each to allow them to get up a rhythm. Then have two spinners for the middle overs, and after 13 overs bring on your weakest bowler. As a rule, they can do less damage at this point because the pattern of the game is already in place.

It's not how you'd approach a real-life T20 but it works in CC.

alexczarn

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Dz9z9CRU8AAX99r.jpg

Dz9z-EDVsAAsoZP.jpg

I'll take it. Highest successful run chase for me in tests so far.
(Side note, since I gave Travis Head his test debut, he's reeled off something absurd: 8 100's with an average of 80 in like 9 tests.)

Aislabie

Ireland
Sometimes if I'm at a bit of a loose end, I'll try to engineer a particularly bizarre scorecard. I think this one, from an all-time Australia vs all-time UAE Test match, might be my finest-ever work. You may notice that the rest of Australia's top seven are probably the six worst Test cricketers* Australia have ever selected: this wasn't an accident. Also, I'm absolutely devastated that this Test lost nearly ten hours to rain, otherwise it might have been an even better scorecard.

upload_2019-10-9_14-7-19.png

*Yagmich played WSC SuperTests, which kinda count right? If you squint a bit

Aislabie

Ireland
upload_2020-1-12_22-14-43.png

Okay so it's very unfortunate, but I'm playing as Derbyshire in this match. I've never seen anything like this in Cricket Captain before, but Brett D'Oliveira joined Ross Whiteley and absolutely savaged my bowling attack.

6 4 4 / 2 4 6 6 6 4 / 4 4 6 6 6 6 ended up giving them an unbeaten partnership of 74 from only 15 balls, including six fours and eight sixes. It's absolutely bizarre. Not only that, but D'Oliveira sent all nine of his deliveries either to or over the boundary to end up on the fastest 46 not out Cricket Captain can ever have produced.

Amazingly though, we slost the game by 95 runs and Ravi Rampaul top-scored for us, which really says it all.

A.P Haux

The Meowest Avenger
AUS..
BNG..
Kings XI
RCB...
Melbourne Stars
Avengers
Profile Flag
Bangladesh
View attachment 229189

Okay so it's very unfortunate, but I'm playing as Derbyshire in this match. I've never seen anything like this in Cricket Captain before, but Brett D'Oliveira joined Ross Whiteley and absolutely savaged my bowling attack.

6 4 4 / 2 4 6 6 6 4 / 4 4 6 6 6 6 ended up giving them an unbeaten partnership of 74 from only 15 balls, including six fours and eight sixes. It's absolutely bizarre. Not only that, but D'Oliveira sent all nine of his deliveries either to or over the boundary to end up on the fastest 46 not out Cricket Captain can ever have produced.

Amazingly though, we slost the game by 95 runs and Ravi Rampaul top-scored for us, which really says it all.
Is this ICC 18?

Users who are viewing this thread