Draft: The Future-Gen Stars

Which one should we do?

• Draft-style (Plenty to choose)

Votes: 7 100.0%
  • We will post our team (Does not has fun of a draft)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Master Bates

School Cricketer
India
ENG....
DD.....
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
@Aislabie @AsadRM @CerealKiller read the rules in first post, as well as the draft order.

Don't forget to tag others after making your picks. There will be a 24 hour deadline to make your picks, otherwise the next person will be able to make his pick.

Also, you can mention which format your team will be specialized in (Test/ODI/T20). Though, I would recommend to try to make an all-format XI.

Last edited by a moderator:

Master Bates

School Cricketer
India
ENG....
DD.....
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
pc0mqQ_p.jpg

Shubman Gill
He burst on to the scene with a scintillating hundred against Pakistan in 2018 U19 World Cup and ended up the tournament as India's highest run scorer and 2nd highest overall.

A right-hand top-order batsman from Punjab, Shubman Gill is known for his penchant for big runs. He shone in the Ranji Trophy in 2018-19 with 728 runs in 9 innings, including 2 hundreds and 4 50s. He's been doing really well for the 'A' side across formats, especially in FC cricket.

With an average above 70 in FC cricket, Shubman has showed that he is truly an all-format player. An aggressive batsman, he has done average in the IPL but will surely do better in the coming future.

A player in the mould of Virat Kohli, it is not surprising who is his role model. Wristy player, just like Virat, we will hope he has great career in the coming future.

He is currently fighting for a test spot in New Zealand (which he won't get) but as the years pass on, they can't avoid this talent from scaling heights in international cricket.

Unfortunately he has played 2 ODIs, so he will count as a capped player.

Stats:
ODIs: 16 runs in 2 Matches

FC: Runs: 1997 (33 innings/20 matches)
Avg: 71.32 S/R: 73.5 100/50: 6/10 HS: 268

List A: Runs: 2280 (56 innings/57 matches)
Avg: 45.6 S/R: 88.26 100/50: 6/11 HS: 143

T20: Runs: 777 (34 innings/37 matches)
Avg: 33.78 S/R: 134.89 50: 6 HS: 78

Master Bates' all format XI:
3. :ind: :bat: Shubman Gill :goldo:

@CerealKiller

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
My first pick is Naseem Shah, fresh off becoming the youngest player to take a hat-trick in international cricket, and the youngest pacer to take a 5-fer too. He has everything you need in a good quick : pace, swing, recerse swing and a good bouncer. If managed properly, he could be a mainstay for Pakistan for years to come, in all 3 formats.
@Aislabie

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
My first pick will be the most promising number three batsman in Test cricket, :aus: :ar: Marnus Labuschagne. His past year has been a real breakout period for him, even completing the unusual journey of breaking into the limited overs side based on his Test form. A simple technical change whilst playing as an overseas signing for Glamorgan has fixed his alignment and brought the very best out of a technique that is simple, repeatable and compact. After watching how repeatably he was able to feast on English, Pakistani and Kiwi bowling in recent months, there seems to be little reason he can't go on to score 20 or more Test centuries, and average 50 or better at the number three spot over a long career. He also bowls pacy leg-breaks, but they will likely not progress to be more than a part-time option for his captains (one of whom will almost undoubtedly be himself)

3. :aus: :ar: Marnus Labuschagne

@AsadRM

AsadRM

Panel of Selectors
PAK...
RCB...
LQ
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
BABAR AZAM
The fourth pick overall and first of mine is ranked 1st in T20Is, 3rd in ODIs and 5th in Tests. Babar Azam from Pakistan, is the only current player to be in top 5 batting rankings across all three formats. A right-hand, top-order batsman known for his discipline and level-headed attitude, Babar Azam laid claim to a long-term spot in Pakistan's batting line-up with a strong performance in 2016, making three consecutive ODI hundreds against West Indies in the UAE, and a 90 in his third Test, in Hamilton. He was 22 years old at the time. He has been regarded as a 'world class' talent, since his U-15 and U-19 days.

He already has 16 hundreds, and 41 hundreds in only 100 games. He is already Pakistan's leading run scorer in a single edition of the WC overtaking the great Javed Miandad. Surely, the national team's skipper Babar is one of the most exciting talent currently, who has proved his worth at the biggest stage i.e Test Cricket. His shots are soothing and easy on the eye. Being only 25, he can surely play for another 8-12 years.

His Stats:
Test: 1850 runs in 26 Tests at an average of 45.12, with 5 hundreds and 13 fifties.
ODI: 3359 runs in 74 ODIs at an average of 54.17 with 11 hundreds and 15 fiifties.
T20I: 1471 runs in 38 T20s at an average of 50.72 with a 97* and 13 fifties.

Shaheen Shah Afridi
A baby face perched on a two-metre body, the 19-year old, from Pakistn has already become Pakistan's best bowler. In less than 2 years since his debut, he has already shown that he belongs at this level. Standing at 6ft 6in, he burst into the nation's consciousness with 8 for 39 on his first-class debut, the best-ever figures by a debutant in the competition. Later, he was picked for the PSL, where figures of five wickets for four runs in a group game for Lahore Qalandars won him a place in the T20I squad against the West Indies.

He has the intelligence to take advantage of his height to extract bounce on the docile pitches of the UAE, while a mean yorker has proved especially difficult for batsmen to deal with. Most impressively, he can hit a good length time and again, and appears to have the temperament for a long career at this level. He gets impressive outswing naturally, and has developed a very good inswinger to the right handed batters.

There have been flattering comparisons already, with Pakistan boasting a rich tradition of left-arm fast bowling. He has made an impressive start to international cricket, taking last edition of the world cup's best bowling figures i.e. 6/35. He was the only bowler threatening Australia during the hopeless bowling performances, later last year. For Shaheen, many sense this is indeed, just the start.

Also, this might feel like a weird pick but anybody who has watched Shaheen in last 2-3 years very closely, knows that he will be an absolute superstar. He is very consistent with his lines and has excellent fitness too, as bowling end 130s in your 30th over is not the easiest task. He has been reborn again since the South Africa game in the World Cup last year. There were never any doubts about how talented he is but he is making sure that the talent isn't wasted. His stats have also dramatically improved since the game against South Africa, just like his lines and lengths, confidence and fitness.
His Stats:
Test:
30 wickets in 12 innings with a best of 5/77 in an innings. Economy: 3.13, average: 27.97
ODI:
40 wickets in 19 matches with a best of 6/35 in an innings. Average: 21.18, and Strike Rate is 23.1
T20I:
16 wickets in 12 games with a best of 3/20. Average of him is 20.81 and Strike Rate of 17.25

Asad's XI:
3.:pak: Babar Azam
10.:pak: Shaheen Afridi

@Master Bates You are next

@Master Bates I have not decided that which format this team will be for as I will look at available players and decide accordingly.

Last edited:

Master Bates

School Cricketer
India
ENG....
DD.....
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
indian-team-practice-session_1864508e-e399-11e9-a8aa-54897fdfe8ad.jpg
Jasprit Bumrah
This was a really tough decision as I had a choice to pick either Cummins, Rabada or Bumrah, but in the end I choose Bumrah.

Jasprit Bumrah grabbed eyeballs first with his unorthodox action, and then his bowling skills. Armed with an anomalous, sling-arm action and natural pace, the peculiar release point of Bumrah's deliveries makes it hard for batsmen to pick him.

At his best, he gives you plenty of wickets but he makes sure that his economy is good. Very hardly he bowls bad balls and his yorkers made him a fan favourite for the time being.

Statistically his average is below 25 in all the formats, international as well as domestic and economy under 3, 5 and 7 in Test, ODIs and T20Is respectively further proving the point regarding his accuracy as a pacer. And this does not mean that he is a medium pacer! He can consistently bowl 140+ kph and his slower balls can take years to come on to the bat.

Among Bumrah, Cummins and Rabada, it is obviously Bumrah who is a better bowler if we consider all the formats. Rabada and Cummins will surely be picked now so it is very unlikely that even two of these three could be in team.

Stats:
Tests: Wickets: 62 (24 innings/12 matches)
Avg: 19.24 S/R: 43.7 Eco: 2.64 BBI: 6/27
BBM: 9/86

ODIs: Wickets: 104 (64 innings/matches)

Avg: 24.43 S/R: 32.1 Eco: 4.55 BB: 5/27

T20Is: Wickets: 59 (49 innings/50 matches)
Avg: 20.25 S/R: 18.2 Eco: 6.66 BB: 3/11

FC: Wickets: 151 (66 innings/38 matches)

Avg: 22.83 S/R: 51.1 Eco: 2.67 BBI: 6/27
BBM: 9/86

List A: Wickets: 156 (89 innings/matches)

Avg: 22.06 S/R: 30.1 Eco: 4.39 BB: 5/27

T20: Wickets: 182 (156 innings/157 matches)
Avg: 22.51 S/R: 19.1 Eco: 7.06 BB: 3/7

03. :ind: :bat: Shubman Gill :goldo:
11. :ind: :bwl: Jasprit Bumrah :goldo:

@Aislabie

Aislabie

Ireland
I nearly shat myself upon seeing he was available (I detect a sneaky change of the eligibility rules to make him so) but my next pick simply has to be :aus: :bwl: Pat Cummins. Honestly, I'd be completely insane not to select him: he's been winning Test matches for Australia for over eight years now despite being a mere 26 years old, and if his action is as repeatable as it has seemed over the last couple of years then we could be rolling into the Decade of Pat in the 2020s. He already sports McGrath-like numbers after 30 Tests (indeed, McGrath's 130 wickets @ 24.51, 5 5WI compare unfavourably to Cummins' 143 wickets @ 21.82, 5 5WI) and is already shown by the ICC rankings algorithm to be one of the greatest fast bowlers of all time. Scarily, we've not even hit his peak yet. An easy selection to make.

9. :aus: :bwl: Pat Cummins

@CerealKiller

Master Bates

School Cricketer
India
ENG....
DD.....
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
I nearly shat myself upon seeing he was available (I detect a sneaky change of the eligibility rules to make him so)
I was surprised when the first few picks were not Bumrah, Cummins and/or Rabada! But when Asad picked Babar, I realized and checked the rules myself and then saw that I can pick these gem of players.

And to the second part of your statement:
giphy.gif

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I’ll go with Kagiso Rabada. If i time traveled to 15 years from now, and he wasn’t the best South African bowler of all time, i would be massively surprised. Aged only 24, he has already topped the bowlers’ rankings in both ODIs and Tests, and become the youngest bowler to take 150 Test wickets.
He has 190 Test wickets at an average of 22, along with 117 ODI wickets at an average of 27. Barring injuries or suspensions, which he seems to be racking up pretty quickly, he could be the best bowler of this decade.

CerealKiller’s XI
10. :saf: Kagiso Rabada :bwl:
11. :pak: Naseem Shah :bwl:

@Aislabie[DOUBLEPOST=1581486341][/DOUBLEPOST]@Master Bates i think you have set an eligibility criteria that allows too many established players such as Babar, Bumrah, Cummins and Rabada to be picked.

Master Bates

School Cricketer
India
ENG....
DD.....
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
@Master Bates i think you have set an eligibility criteria that allows too many established players such as Babar, Bumrah, Cummins and Rabada to be picked.
They are established but if we see 5-6 years from now, there is no way they would not be an integral part of their teams. And TBH, they are not too old!

Aislabie

Ireland
My next pick might seem like a gamble - he's only played four Tests - but it really was the only spinning pick that made sense. :afg: :ar: Rashid Khan had a difficult debut, but since then has been an obvious match-winner for his team. I was always going to pick him, and now I have.

8. :afg: :ar: Rashid Khan
9. :aus: :bwl: Pat Cummins

@Master Bates

Master Bates

School Cricketer
India
ENG....
DD.....
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
My pick is Rishabh Pant.

Highly talented and his aggressive batting makes him a perfect pinch hitter. Needs to improve his keeping and temperament which I am sure he will in the future, and you have a new and, perhaps better batsman than Dhoni!

02. :ind: :bat: Shubman Gill :goldo:
07. :ind: :wkb: Rishabh Pant :goldo:
11. :ind: :bwl: Jasprit Bumrah :goldo:

@AsadRM you are next!

AsadRM

Panel of Selectors
PAK...
RCB...
LQ
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Jofra Archer
I can't believe that nobody has picked him so far. The world-cup, Ashes and winner of many more in future, Archer is a silky fast bowler with a high action capable of speeds above 90mph. Archer is known for his hostile spells. He is quite a dangerous lower-middle order batsman too, and he played for West Indies Under-19s in 2013 but after suffering a serious back injury he slipped out of the Barbados system. Instead, he rallied while playing for Sussex's 2nd XI and for Horsham in the Sussex Premier League.

Archer claimed four scalps on his first-class bow against Pakistan before collecting a maiden five-wicket haul in a Royal London Cup defeat to Somerset. He had been playing without a contract because of a long-term back injury, but Sussex acted quickly to secure him for longer. He made a powerful impression when he broke into Sussex's Championship side in the latter half of 2016, making his debut in all three formats and taking 35 wickets in all, 23 of them at 30 runs apiece in Division Two to bring cheer to a mundane Sussex season. He also wasted no time showing his potential with the bat as he struck 72 batting at No. 8 on debut against Essex.

He floated into the crease with good effect in 2017, too, with 61 wickets at 25 and an average of more than 45 with the bat, a bright aspect of Sussex's flagging promotion campaign. That winter he went to the Big Bash League for the first time and subsequently showed his star potential in the IPL after being bought for £800,000 by Rajasthan Royals.

His Stats:
Test: 30 wickets in 7 tests at an average of 27.40
ODI: 23 wickets in 14 games at an average of 24.73
T20I: 2 wickets in 1 match at an average of 14.5

Asad's XI:
3.:pak: Babar Azam
8.:eng: Jofra Archer
10.:pak: Shaheen Afridi

@CerealKiller you go next

Users who are viewing this thread