Premier League

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Doherty is an unconvincing signing for Tottenham. On one hand the fee is a bargain but that means we are now tapping into the Jorge Mendes ecosystem and the bill will eventually come due for this. Him being homegrown does help with our squad's dire situation (pun intended) there.

Tactically though, Doherty has always been a marauding wing-back who played as a winger almost in Nuno's system. While Mou does love to have Davies tucked in as the third centre-back with the right back bombing forward, he will have to do more defensive work here than ever before. While Aurier got a lot of stick given how clumsy he appears to be, he was for the most part decent since Mou came in. One way I can see the deal being better for the club going forward is if we sell Aurier for a much higher fee than Doherty's or if we keep him as a rotation option. Personally I would prefer the latter.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Chelsea are looking unstoppable! Although could've done with a better defender.

AsadRM

Panel of Selectors
PAK...
RCB...
LQ
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
James Rodriguez to play for Everton now. Intriguing move... :spy

Bevab

Staff Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Chelsea are looking unstoppable! Although could've done with a better defender.

On the contrary, I feel that they've made one too many signings in such a short span of time for it to be sustainable. Unsure if Lampard is good enough to integrate and manage such a huge number of new players in a short period of time. That coupled with unrealistic expectations of them needing to challenge for the title ought to not help at all.[DOUBLEPOST=1599637663][/DOUBLEPOST]
James Rodriguez to play for Everton now. Intriguing move... :spy

The man does love Ancelotti a lot in all fairness. :p

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
On the contrary, I feel that they've made one too many signings in such a short span of time for it to be sustainable. Unsure if Lampard is good enough to integrate and manage such a huge number of new players in a short period of time. That coupled with unrealistic expectations of them needing to challenge for the title ought to not help at all.[DOUBLEPOST=1599637663][/DOUBLEPOST]

The man does love Ancelotti a lot in all fairness. :p
Chelsea's performance in the last season gives hope that the new players will adapt quickly, just as the old ones did with Lampard's arrival.

El Loco

PCPF Mod Chief Superintendent
ENG....
Gotta say the Magpies have been doing bits in the transfer market thus far.
Leeds playing with zero fear and giving the champions little respect, shaking up to be a thrilling encounter. Some of Liverpool's defensive frailties being exposed early on, seeing as how reluctant they've been to spend can't see them retaining the title as this rate.

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
Gotta say the Magpies have been doing bits in the transfer market thus far.
Leeds playing with zero fear and giving the champions little respect, shaking up to be a thrilling encounter. Some of Liverpool's defensive frailties being exposed early on, seeing as how reluctant they've been to spend can't see them retaining the title as this rate.

The problem with us and transfers is, we're constantly solving problems that have been there for years. So by the time we do, they never move us forward

El Loco

PCPF Mod Chief Superintendent
ENG....
The problem with us and transfers is, we're constantly solving problems that have been there for years. So by the time we do, they never move us forward
I'd say this is a good signal of intent. All three signings in Wilson, Fraser and Lewis will bolster your ranks without a doubt as well as Hendrick who is a reliable fringe player. Still a lot of room for improvement with Saint-Maximin but he has looked very promising, but with these players around him I think Newcastle are gonna look pretty threatening going forward this season.

Users who are viewing this thread