TENNIS Tennis World Tour 2

saturator

Club Cricketer
Thanks for this :cheers

can I get your opinion on the following please?

1. Lack of AI play styles ?
  2. Doubles play (AI just hitting balls to other players)
  3. AI leaving reachable balls
  4. Career mode (Lack of customisation)

Not trying to troll but above are main reasons for me not buying game and would appreciate thoughts from someone playing game, cheers

1. not many variations on AI play Style
2;Didn't play, sorry
3. On expert Difficulty sometimes, on normal, very often
4. Career mode is poor, like the 1st episode

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
1. not many variations on AI play Style
2;Didn't play, sorry
3. On expert Difficulty sometimes, on normal, very often
4. Career mode is poor, like the 1st episode
Well obviously nothing in your response makes me want to buy it but I really do appreciate your feedback, thanks :thumbs

JohnnyDGaming89

County Cricketer
Doubles is very similar to how it is in both AO Tennis games, never ended up in the original TWT game despite it being promised.

The AI side of things feels more or less like it is in AO Tennis 2, would do a world of good if at some stage they could add in some unique animations and actual play styles for some more variety than just baseline battles.

davisp

School Cricketer
A question for the guys who played AO2 and TWT2: Which one would you recommend? I already got AO2, so I'm not sure if it's worth getting TWT2 aswell. I mostly care about a 'realistic' gameplay. What annoys me the most in AO2 is, that the AI never makes any mistakes.

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
Borrowed this from a friend.
Finding serving impossible even on the easiest level so i went to the training for serving and that is incomplete.There are 3 elements pressing the button when the ball is in the middle then releasing the button when the ball reaches the circle at the top and when exactly are you supposed to move the angle.There is training for all 3 bits but not together.If you are even a little off then the al will smash the ball past you.I have been able to win games against the serve but hardly any points whilst serving the opposite to tennis.Also the exhibtion games seem a bit scripted as i was able to win 2 games against service and then it became difficult.This happend twice with different players.There is a game there but the serving really needs to be pick up and go.Its too convoluted for the casual player and too non forgiving on the lower levels.

JohnnyDGaming89

County Cricketer
Borrowed this from a friend.
Finding serving impossible even on the easiest level so i went to the training for serving and that is incomplete.There are 3 elements pressing the button when the ball is in the middle then releasing the button when the ball reaches the circle at the top and when exactly are you supposed to move the angle.There is training for all 3 bits but not together.If you are even a little off then the al will smash the ball past you.I have been able to win games against the serve but hardly any points whilst serving the opposite to tennis.Also the exhibtion games seem a bit scripted as i was able to win 2 games against service and then it became difficult.This happend twice with different players.There is a game there but the serving really needs to be pick up and go.Its too convoluted for the casual player and too non forgiving on the lower levels.

Originally I thought the little circle was the aiming marker to move, but that's actually the ball toss marker to aim for as you hold down the corresponding button after the right to left meter.

saturator

Club Cricketer
A question for the guys who played AO2 and TWT2: Which one would you recommend? I already got AO2, so I'm not sure if it's worth getting TWT2 aswell. I mostly care about a 'realistic' gameplay. What annoys me the most in AO2 is, that the AI never makes any mistakes.
TWT 2 gameplay is better than AO2.
But career mode is crap on TWT2.
So if you sang to play with a mate, TWT2 is for you.
But if you want make a deep and long career, AO2 is better.

For me, TWT2 gameplay is really great. Manu bugs but is a bit step forward.
I have made a match between Federer vs Nadal at Roland Garros on very hard difficulty with no visual help

Another video with Zverev vs Nadal at Roland Garros on Expert difficulty

Nard2020

Club Captain
Have you played this game or Full Ace at all?
I sure have! In fact, i even had an extra week with one of them.

Doubles is very similar to how it is in both AO Tennis games, never ended up in the original TWT game despite it being promised.

The AI side of things feel more or less like it is in AO Tennis 2, would do a world of good if at some stage they could add in some unique animations and actual play styles for some more variety than just baseline battles.

From my experience:
1. All AI play the same, baseliners.
2. Truly awful.
3. They do and so does your own player.
4. In my opinion, for a sports game released in 2020, it's poor, very limited.

Of the roster of nearly 40 pros......real honesty, how many of those players are not baseliners ?? That's just modern Tennis. The game is being billed as "simulation" and aside from the cards ( which the devs are disabling) this game is just that.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 193590

Of the roster of nearly 40 pros......real honesty, how many of those players are not baseliners ?? That's just modern Tennis. The game is being billed as "simulation" and aside from the cards ( which the devs are disabling) this game is just that.

That's great news if the cards are being disabled,just a stupid gimmicky thing if you ask me.Have to now pick this up in a couple of months,decided to buy Fifa :p

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

Different play styles means AI would play to their strengths (forehand or backhand, serve and volley , topspin or slice etc etc) and playing to an AI’s weakness more likely to result in errors etc
Is this in the game ?

saturator

Club Cricketer
A new patch today, version 1.04
I've made a Federer Vs Nadal at RG and Wawrinka Vs Thiem at Wimbledon
Very fun

Patch note :
Adjusted player ratings
Added save of career difficulty within a match
Added options to switch caméra end
Added option to disable skill cards
Improved serve accuracy for well timed serves
Improved animation choice on various shots
Improvement to court and ball audio
Improvement to crowd visuals
Tuned AI fault rate
Tuned dropshot range
Corrected optional stamina bar display
Appropriate objectives shown
Present skill cards in AI vs AI match
General stability improvements

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
A new patch today, version 1.04
I've made a Federer Vs Nadal at RG and Wawrinka Vs Thiem at Wimbledon
Very fun

Patch note :
Adjusted player ratings
Added save of career difficulty within a match
Added options to switch caméra end
Added option to disable skill cards
Improved serve accuracy for well timed serves
Improved animation choice on various shots
Improvement to court and ball audio
Improvement to crowd visuals
Tuned AI fault rate
Tuned dropshot range
Corrected optional stamina bar display
Appropriate objectives shown
Present skill cards in AI vs AI match
General stability improvements

I don't have the game, but this looks like a good patch. Particularly the "Added option to disable skill cards".

saturator

Club Cricketer
I don't have the game, but this looks like a good patch. Particularly the "Added option to disable skill cards".
Yes it's a very good patch.
The game is smoother and AI is better.

I have me 3 others games with this last patch

Tsitsipas Vs Zverev // Fognini Vs Kyrgios Very Hard Patch - 1 04

Shapovalov Vs Nadal Clay Very Hard - Patch 1 04

Users who are viewing this thread