England in the 90s

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Hahaha flood light cricket in the 90’s!!! Good solid batting from Gooch and Hick, proper Blockerdave style! Patch or no patch you are consistently very good with the bat. Bar a few collapses in the past...

I have my moments, but I don’t feel good. Gooch is averaging around 40, everyone else mid-low 20s.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Thanks to a 40-odd 9th wicket stand by Pringle and Defraitas I dragged myself up to 320, disappointing given I was 230-odd for 3 at the end of day 1.

NZ replying well, early on in 2nd session of day 2

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
England take a commanding 101 run lead on first inns after New Zealand collapse from 162/3 to 219 all out.

Helped along their way by a piece of God-tier shithousery from Chris Lewis to remove Murphy Su’a

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Not much time but still plugging away.

having been smashed in the first test I’ve set NZ 374 to win in 2nd test. Start of day 5 an they’re 183/4 - tense.

This morning however I have had: AI player caught out in the infield (yay!), and AI player coming out of the crease to the spinner (triple yay!).

will post vids of both.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
anything that you could point to that would suggest what triggered it?

i think the advice I got to put drift and flight at 65 has helped - since that I’ve had a few occasions of the batsman leaving the crease.

seems to be only when the batsman is well in though (reasonable I guess).

the ball was also shocking, so I guess the batsman’s eyes lit up and he went after it!!

Users who are viewing this thread