Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Crassus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
It's a shambles really that we're at this stage. Ross can be as awkward as he wants on twitter but he should be embarrassed by the product that his company has released. Its obvious that they don't test the game or test the patches as the issues are evident from ball one in-game and sometimes arise before a match has been started.

To fix one thing and break two others every time shows such incompetence.

Some things are annoying but you can live with them, like very little rain affecting play or run rates being off. But things like off side shots or leg spin bowling being broken is farcical.

andrew56

Club Captain
Is the new patch improved the game.
Is there rain in the game now.
Has the fielding improved yet and hopefully the pitch makes impact like viable bounce or sharp turn.
Which button do you use to duck under a bouncer.
It would be nice if they was few d dismissals glove to slips or leg side flick to the keeper.

max2002

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Given this patch was pushed back a few days I thought that surely it wouldn't be as bad as everyone is saying. Thankfully for me, PS5 still hasn't updated but I'm kind of hoping it stays this way for a few days based on what I'm reading

ravenswood7

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Is the new patch improved the game.
Is there rain in the game now.
Has the fielding improved yet and hopefully the pitch makes impact like viable bounce or sharp turn.
Which button do you use to duck under a bouncer.
It would be nice if they was few d dismissals glove to slips or leg side flick to the keeper.
which console are you are you steam? because I know its a lot better on PS4 Xbox is better but i don't think is better then PS4 at the moment or PS 5 which is still awaiting the latest patch. there is rain in the game but they never come off from what I've seen. Fielding is better but they still slide over the ropes and still some overthrows but we don't get the stupid loopy throws from cricket 19 but some fielders run better then others some run in the direction of the ball then run away from it it is better but still needs more improvements,. i duck under the bouncer if you press the leave button on PS4 which i changed to X button as i press the L3 by mistake you can change the leave button in the settings. i have had inside edges onto bat pad from spinners and from even faster bowler, had some hit the gloves and be caught from shorter balls. play overall conclusion the game should never have been released in the state it was in and with about 14 patches on PS4 it is playable and better but still needs much more improvements. the variety of dismissals i get is sometimes leading edge to mid on or off play on to the wickets for bowled LBW is rarer but you can get them with fuller balls or even if you play on low bounce pitches like soft or very soft with good length though you can get that on standard pitches. Had a few caught and bowled but never has stumpings ever but been stumped by the AI, of course clean bowled and catches at cover fine leg i tend to put a backward square leg in as the AI hits so many shots to the legside and gets caught out a lot. The off sides shots have improved with the aggressive button as before they wouldn't get off the ground so that's much better some have found that the run outs are back as the non striker is not responsive as much what ive heard so with every patch there are more bugs but you can play the game and enjoy it but it could be so much better

Arctic_Wolf

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
It's a shambles really that we're at this stage. Ross can be as awkward as he wants on twitter but he should be embarrassed by the product that his company has released. Its obvious that they don't test the game or test the patches as the issues are evident from ball one in-game and sometimes arise before a match has been started.

Some things are annoying but you can live with them, like very little rain affecting play or run rates being off. But things like off side shots or leg spin bowling being broken is farcical.

Not to mention a sneaky bit of deception a few days before release giving the impression that they were on track with a complete product in the IGN interview/Five5 match too. (An interview where they can be clearly heard stating that they weren't going to show too much of the career mode stuff.) Of course we all now know why with the entire game being nowhere near finished, but that was all conveniently swept under the rug at the time as well. And still they wonder why (especially those who pre-ordered) are somewhat irritated with the absolute state of C22 & the way they've handled this whole mess since. (And that's somehow the customers fault for becoming irritated & heavily critical at such action???)

-----*****-----

Otherwise, one of the biggest ongoing problems seems to be how they're prioritising what needs fixing, or perhaps who is actually determining what is or isn't a priority at their end.

They've been dicking around yet again to release this latest patch with a stadium creator when that's WAY down the list of what actually needed fixing or adding at this stage. At the same time, the game is still absolutely riddled with serious game breaking bugs that require vital work but they're simply overlooked, AGAIN. It's not the first time since this title has been released that they've completely overlooked major game breaking issues to add in VERY low priority aesthetic or feature requests that could have waited indefinitely before they even needed to think about looking at them. Meanwhile, it would have kept the right people free to address the most serious issues that we're all still complaining about nearly 5 weeks post release, yet somehow a stadium creator was more important? A tour designer was also more important than the fact that both batting & bowling were still fundamentally broken at the time on all platforms, & ultimately still are now. (WTF?????)

These are the basic decisions that they can't seem to see past without tripping over themselves every single time. Granted, it's no doubt a very fluid situation with a lot of proverbial plates to keep spinning, but was adding in another dozen plates ever going to be a sensible solution while simultaneously neglecting the originals?

No, they can't possibly please all of the people all of the time either. But good grief, they really need to have a serious rethink how they're prioritising what's truly broken & desperately needs fixing vs aesthetics/features/extras that can ultimately wait until they've tackled the majority of these ongoing chronic issues.

Something has to give or they'll literally still be issuing these high turnover patches in another six months & still be nowhere near done.

C22 is absolutely tanking on Xbox & currently has a 1.5 star average review rating in the Xbox Store (with restrained but deeply unhappy written reviews being posted). It has 66% MIXED reviews on Steam (with countless scathing reviews), NOT GOOD! Where does it currently stand on the PS Store?

It's gonna be one hell of a long road back from that & lord help them if they don't sort all of this out now they've applied a premium price tag. Even some of their most vocal supporters have begun to voice doubt & frustration in recent days. I hope they can gain some momentum with these remedial repairs before it's too late as there's potentially a lot of good to be had with this game!!

MuchMore

International Coach
Profile Flag
Fiji
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Anyone knows how to search on academy? On Twitter, Ross mentioned it's working fine for people as they have backend metrics that proves it. But I'm unable to search for any team. I'm on latest patch on xbox in case that matters.

andrew56

Club Captain
I play ps4
Hopefully they improve creating players and making playface easier then that would be start.
Academy doesn't crash, and download teams.
Can you play every shot in the new patch 360

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Just did a game with the latest patch 1.14 for PS4. Batting animations have been changed with this latest updated. Played the game on a hard mode. Unable to play some of my special shots due to change in animation. Good to see that off-side deliveries are now easier to play even in a hard mode.

mani82ua

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Played couple of more games on latest patch xbox1x, unfortunately game is more broken now in terms of bowlers have missing heads along with stright slog shot is all messed up like with ideal timing some time ball goes for six like it should be l but most of time it goes up up and way up like golf ball and catch out on inner circle or ground ad position.

plz some one ask BA to stop break game more.

B97F9354-5B60-4D6E-8AA5-623B85C5E8A9.jpegB97F9354-5B60-4D6E-8AA5-623B85C5E8A9.jpeg

Crassus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
I voiced concerns weeks before release saying that it was a worry that all of the hype was around some cut scenes in career mode and a new run out mechanic, rather than of actual gameplay. The idea seemed clear that BA wanted to bring in more casual cricket fans with a fancier looking game with new modes rather than build a realistic cricket simulation for us purists.

Ironically they somehow seem to have managed to release a game that's both highly-flawed in its gameplay and where none of the new modes actually work. So not only will new players not touch it with a barge pole but the old stalwarts have been mugged off too. Well done, BA. Great job:thumbs

D

Deleted member 185125

Looking back I feel bad for Tim Paine, as he was portrayed as the only reason for the release delay of this perfect game. The game which would also get the revolutionary Online League, a week from launch.

D

Deleted member 185125

Played couple of more games on latest patch xbox1x, unfortunately game is more broken now in terms of bowlers have missing heads along with stright slog shot is all messed up like with ideal timing some time ball goes for six like it should be l but most of time it goes up up and way up like golf ball and catch out on inner circle or ground ad position.

plz some one ask BA to stop break game more.

View attachment 261030View attachment 261030
Ross : "My head looks all fine. Log a ticket since it's only your head missing. And stop posting pic of headless players, if not I'm blocking you next"

Loubs

User Title Purchaser
ENG....
PlanetCricket Award Winner
X Rebels
Profile Flag
England

I feel the release is more to do with publishers than the developer, they were under pressure to release before the Ashes otherwise they would have faced penalties.

Users who are viewing this thread