Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

s0074845

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Test matches seem to be almost like T20s. I can slog shots for 4 every ball on hardest difficulty and the AI score 6 an over with a run rate setting at 18. God knows how many they'd be scoring on the default 50 value.
I sincerely hope next week has some kind of tuning for AI for test, ODI and 20-20

Chevo

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Was very confused as to what happen, as I was sure the catching mini game was completed correctly.. work your butt off for an edge and this happens :lol
See if anyone else gets first slip catches or if the patch maybe broke something?

caprikaps

Club Captain
Was very confused as to what happen, as I was sure the catching mini game was completed correctly.. work your butt off for an edge and this happens :lol
See if anyone else gets first slip catches or if the patch maybe broke something?
Haha this is hilarious; I can feel you man

D

Deleted member 185125

Hope the keeper is ok after that blow

Arctic_Wolf

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England

Another Aus keeper clearly happy to do dick pics ;).

TommoN

Club Captain
Started a new career mode in the hopes that after 2 months they might have been bothered to patch some things.

Club cricket was all fine. Get to county cricket and I’ve had to sim 3 of my first 7 games as the game just completely crashes and won’t let me play.

This game is an absolute car crash. I cannot believe I was stupid enough to buy it

Arctic_Wolf

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
These last 2 or 3 patches have made a complete mess of the career mode :(. (Not that it's been great since day one but it definitely sustained more damage in recent patches.)

1. AI NEVER drops any chances anymore, everything is caught, (even if I'm bowling). A difficult one to get right, granted, as sometimes the drops seem incessant but right now C22 is on a par with the Ashes Cricket's catch all system.

2. Press conferences are now broken & no longer work.

3. Perks won't level up.

4. AI batters are massively overpowered when facing humans, sometimes hitting 4 or 5 sixes per over in T20's & run rates remain absolutely out of control. (I've just had a run of matches where the AI team has posted consecutive totals of 240+.) I've also just had a match where I went for 83 off just 3 overs & that's a common occurrence rather than just a single bad match. Thankfully the ridiculous back foot cut shot off full balls has been drastically cut down but it's now been replaced with this ridiculous new shot where an AI batsman can step right outside their off stump (outside of the wide markers in fact) & pull/hook absolutely everything bowled to the offside, or they now incessantly back foot slog over the covers. (A huge list of available shots the AI can choose from & as with C19 it seems to get stuck using just 2 to score.) AI batters also rarely miss or mis-time, even low order batters have consistently perfect timing.

I've also just seen another AI batter get 143 (69) not out, 10 x sixes, 16 x fours, with just 10 singles from that innings which is an utterly ridiculous tempo to maintain & it's happening match after match without fail. 6's & 4's have become the absolute rule & singles or dots the rare exceptions which is ludicrous.

Worse still, when I'm at the non-striker's end I routinely watch my AI batting partners waft or completely mis-time on 3 or 4 deliveries in a row screwing the run rate & causing intense pressure at my end without fail. Yet, the AI shifts from behaving like a genuine number 11 when facing another AI bowler & becomes Brian damn Lara the moment a human bowler steps up. (Clearly it's not like the AI can't be scripted to behave within a certain limit if it can suddenly start wafting or mis-timing off another AI.)

5. Slips now 95% useless. In early patches I still used to get regular slip catches off my bowling, (usually at 2nd slip). Recently 2nd or 3rd slip have literally become decoration only & no longer serve any purpose whatsoever. If I use a 1st slip with a leg spinner very rarely I can get a wicket but it's from something daft like a keeper fumbling & bumping the ball up to 1st slip or a ball bouncing up off a keepers knee pad to slip, there's never any truly genuine slip catches anymore.

6. I'm only ever offered 2 teams from overseas competitions, never the full selection of teams that should be available for me to choose from.

7. It's impossible to get a run out as a bowler. (If you tap right bumper/shoulder as the ball is being returned & mash A at the right time sometimes it'll attempt to stump but the game has been poorly scripted so that there's never any run outs in a career. I haven't even had one close chance & the AI NEVER makes any running mistakes in a career.)

The career mode was undoubtedly the best part of previous iterations but it remains a dysfunctional, broken down mess in C22 :(!!

MARK99ZA

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
This happened to me in C19. Luckily I was batting

weeramanthrie

County Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
just wondering, do we have the accurate rosters in career mode for international team?

OnyaGarry

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
Anyone had a press conference in their careers lately? They just stopped happening a few patches back, (Xbox).

Yeah, I'm on Xbox Series X and I'm still getting regular press conferences. Still some very stupid and unrelated questions though. I especially like the questions with only one - usually derogatory - answer though. It feels really great bagging your team mates out cause there's only one stupid response!

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
Random input from me: May be of use to someone!

Hard - Wicket Chance changed from 50 to 70, Bowl Quality the same. (So they even each other out… don’t they?!) Bounce and Pitch Bounce lowered to 45. Pretty evenly rated teams but admittedly small sample size of matches. PS4.

Test run rate: 20 - AI will score at around 3 per over and I’ll bowl around 20% maidens. No fifth (Or sixth) ball smash. Top order AI batters do well then innings tails off but most batsmen get a start. AI will bat for a lot of overs!

ODI run rate: 35 - AI will score respectable totals with good running and added urgency in the final ten overs but not as pronounced as in C19 where they pottered about for 40 then went berserk for the last ten! Are trying to score though, just missing when sometimes going too hard. Feels real.

T20I run rate: 40 - AI will score perfectly respectable totals, 160 or so with far more boundaries than seen in ODIs.

T10I (I use Other stats as T10 International) run rate: 45 - AI posting around the 100 mark.

Bounce set to 45 which generally means not bouncing over the stumps but enough for some slip catches. Generally avoid playing on Hard pitches because hate full slow pace or flighted spin deliveries going over the stumps (Which is why I had bounce even lower before).

Played a few lovely feeling drives that pierced fielders a little more. Close in fielder (Stretch Armstrong!) even had balls go past him. Still too easy to score behind wicket on leg side off spin bowler.

Non-striker is quicker to set off (So much better!) but also means that he’s gone further down the track if you cancel the run. Batting still generally a case of failing to execute a shot to get out as oppose to edge/wickets genuinely being under threat.

I know it’s semi-assisted but I don’t really get why it’s still a case of catching some balls but the AI taking (Or dropping) others. There’s some good boundary fielding in white-ball cricket but can still be followed by slow mo pick up and returns.

The odd crash.

Enjoyable but prob need to continue to make it harder. I had been playing on Pro and tinkering with Custom Difficulties a lot.

Game has certainly progressed with BA fixes/Tinkering with Custom Difficulties for the first time ever. Been a bit frustrated with Test bowling. Struggling to take wickets in clusters.

Sorry, ended up being more of a ramble than intended. I’m just fascinated by how people seem to be talking about gung ho AI batting on numbers far lower than I’ve set the run rate. The fifth ball of the over smash has long gone from my game!

Edit: No changes made to skills of opposition players. Only made opposition line up real with mix of RHB/LHB and variety of bowlers.

Last edited:

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I had this one yesterday. Don't know if the latest patch broke it.

Users who are viewing this thread