I'm going on an adventure...(But not a good one)

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
So, I had an opticians appointment on Monday after noticing some changes in my vision. I've worn glasses/contacts since the age of 9 but this was different. I noticed that text and straight lines appeared to be "wavy" when using my weaker eye. Turns out, they think I have Macular Degeneration... I'll be using this thread to rant/whinge/moan/document what happens in the foreseeable future. This should be fun...

For context, this is a video showing how my sight is likely to change if this diagnosis is in fact correct...

Till Valhalla

ICC Chairman
The Boys
Profile Flag
Papua New Guinea
So, I had an opticians appointment on Monday after noticing some changes in my vision. I've worn glasses/contacts since the age of 9 but this was different. I noticed that text and straight lines appeared to be "wavy" when using my weaker eye. Turns out, they think I have Macular Degeneration... I'll be using this thread to rant/whinge/moan/document what happens in the foreseeable future. This should be fun...

For context, this is a video showing how my sight is likely to change if this diagnosis is in fact correct...

You gonna have your own censor, nice!

Jokes apart I hope it's the diagnosis is wrong and it's nothing serious.

ddrap14

Shitposter in Chief
AUS..
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Brisbane Heat
Profile Flag
Australia

Oh that's no good - wishing you all the best. I've also got a visual disability (blind in my left eye due to a cataract at precisely the wrong spot) so I know the pain.

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
@Ed Smith , love your attitude towards this. Strong's with your adventure! Pray things look up for you soon.

Got to look it it like this (ironic because I won't be able to look at much eventually) ain't I. Crying about it won't make it any less real.

Got an appointment at the eye infirmary next week for further tests. They're going to make my pupils massive and dye me yellow. Always wondered what it was like to be a Simpsons character :D

RUDI

Administrator
Admin
SRH...
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Champions League Winner
Got to look it it like this (ironic because I won't be able to look at much eventually) ain't I. Crying about it won't make it any less real.

Got an appointment at the eye infirmary next week for further tests. They're going to make my pupils massive and dye me yellow. Always wondered what it was like to be a Simpsons character :D
Aye. No pun intended, apology. Genuinely pray for a miracle. Strong's with your appointment next week.

Users who are viewing this thread