India
AUS..
RCB...
PlanetCricket Award Winner
The Boys
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
ZIM-vs-BAN-3rd-T20I.jpg
Bangladesh were scheduled to play Zimbabwe for 3 T20Is and 3 ODIs.

Complete details: https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/bangladesh-in-zimbabwe-2022-1323288

1st T20I - Jul 30 - ZIM won by 17 runs
Venue: Harare Sports Club, Harare

2nd T20I - Jul 31 - BAN won by 7 wkts

3rd T20I - Aug 02 - ZIM won by 10 runs

1st ODI - Aug 05 - ZIM won by 5 wkts

2nd ODI - Aug 07 - ZIM won by 5 wkts

3rd ODI - Aug 10 - BAN won by 105 runs

:ban: T20I squad: Nurul Hasan (:c:), Mustafizur Rahman, Litton Das, Afif Hossain, Taskin Ahmed, Mahedi Hasan, Shoriful Islam, Nasum Ahmed, Mosaddek Hossain, Anamul Haque, Mehidy Hasan Miraz, Najmul Hossain Shanto, Munim Shahriar, Hasan Mahmud, Parvez Hossain Emon

:zim: T20I squad: Craig Ervine (:c:), Sean Williams, Sikandar Raza, Ryan Burl, Regis Chakabva, Luke Jongwe, Wellington Masakada, Wesley Madhevere, Richard Ngarava, Milton Shumba, Tadiwanashe Marumani, Tony Munyonga, Innocent Kaia, Victor Nyauchi, Tanaka Chivanga

:ban: ODI squad: Tamim Iqbal (:c:), Mushfiqur Rahim, Mahmudullah, Mustafizur Rahman, Mehidy Hasan Miraz, Litton Das, Taskin Ahmed, Mosaddek Hossain, Anamul Haque, Afif Hossain, Shoriful Islam, Najmul Hossain Shanto, Taijul Islam, Nurul Hasan, Nasum Ahmed, Hasan Mahmud

:zim: ODI squad: Regis Chakabva (:c:), Sikandar Raza, Luke Jongwe, Ryan Burl, Wellington Masakadza, Richard Ngarava, Wesley Madhevere, Tarisai Musakanda, Milton Shumba, Tadiwanashe Marumani, Innocent Kaia, Takudzwanashe Kaitano, Tony Munyonga, Victor Nyauchi, Brad Evans

T20I series summary:
Top run-scorer: :zim: Sikandar Raza (127 runs)
Top wicket-taker: :ban: Mosaddek Hossain (7 wkts)
Final score: :zim: 2 - 1 :ban: (ZIM won)

ODI series summary:
Top run-scorer: :zim: Sikandar Raza (252 runs)
Top wicket-taker: :ban: Mustafizur Rahman & :zim: Sikandar Raza (5 wkts)
Final score: :zim: 2 - 1 :ban: (ZIM won)

Last edited:

Bevab

Staff Member
Raza with yet again a vital knock. Mossadek is certainly the most confusing cricketer I’ve seen.

Bevab

Staff Member
Oh wow I had no idea there was a thread dedicated to this series. Shame on me.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India

Now, this is in poor light.

Bangladesh need to understand their team isn't like Bradman's Invincibles. Zimbabwe are a damn good side who would have gotten the better of Bangladesh on previous occasions had they been playing regularly. Also, T20 has never been Bangladesh's forte. I would understand this statement had they lost to France/Vanautu, but definitely not for Zimbabwe.

Bevab

Staff Member

Now, this is in poor light.

Bangladesh need to understand their team isn't like Bradman's Invincibles. Zimbabwe are a damn good side who would have gotten the better of Bangladesh on previous occasions had they been playing regularly. Also, T20 has never been Bangladesh's forte. I would understand this statement had they lost to France/Vanautu, but definitely not for Zimbabwe.

The entire culture around Bangladeshi cricket seems to be blame and insult your players publicly and if that fails, do it again with more intensity.

I remember one of the coaches openly asking how players like Shanto and others have regressed from their initial stages after being with the national side for sometime when they were working with coaches whose names I cannot even recall. Quite simply put, the blame even there was indirectly shifted towards the players. These were domestic coaches, not Woodhill or Mahela.

This is a very bold shout but I believe that someone like Langer would be ideal for coaching this side if they can entice him with a more hands-on, more powerful role. Bangladeshi cricket has it’s own cliques and biases already so Langer would fit right in. And unlike in Australia where he had to cater to his WA boys occasionally as the national coach, there is no existing bias for Langer to be hampered by. The players that he will remain loyal to and will remain loyal to him will hence be the hard-workers and the ones who truly believe in his system. It would be more akin to Western Australia and Perth Scorchers. He is also a good fit for the country’s ethos of underdogs with passion who battle fiercely on their day. It does feel like we haven’t seen a Bangladeshi special for a long time (the NZ test win and the ODI wins in South Africa are all I can recollect in recent memory). Under Langer those days will be more frequent.

All of this is contingent on him being given the space to work freely like with WA and not like the Aussie job towards the end.

SMMODS

Panel of Selectors
India
AUS..
Mumbai Indians
CSK
Sydney Sixers
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Lol What a chase from Zim !!!

A.P Haux

The Meowest Avenger
AUS..
BNG..
Kings XI
RCB...
Melbourne Stars
Avengers
Profile Flag
Bangladesh
The entire culture around Bangladeshi cricket seems to be blame and insult your players publicly and if that fails, do it again with more intensity.

I remember one of the coaches openly asking how players like Shanto and others have regressed from their initial stages after being with the national side for sometime when they were working with coaches whose names I cannot even recall. Quite simply put, the blame even there was indirectly shifted towards the players. These were domestic coaches, not Woodhill or Mahela.

This is a very bold shout but I believe that someone like Langer would be ideal for coaching this side if they can entice him with a more hands-on, more powerful role. Bangladeshi cricket has it’s own cliques and biases already so Langer would fit right in. And unlike in Australia where he had to cater to his WA boys occasionally as the national coach, there is no existing bias for Langer to be hampered by. The players that he will remain loyal to and will remain loyal to him will hence be the hard-workers and the ones who truly believe in his system. It would be more akin to Western Australia and Perth Scorchers. He is also a good fit for the country’s ethos of underdogs with passion who battle fiercely on their day. It does feel like we haven’t seen a Bangladeshi special for a long time (the NZ test win and the ODI wins in South Africa are all I can recollect in recent memory). Under Langer those days will be more frequent.

All of this is contingent on him being given the space to work freely like with WA and not like the Aussie job towards the end.
I think you summed it up wonderfully here. We treat our players as untouchable deities ready to conquer the world whenever we grab an unlikely win. But once we lose, insults start pouring in. No one tries to address the real, deeper issues.

SMMODS

Panel of Selectors
India
AUS..
Mumbai Indians
CSK
Sydney Sixers
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
#BringbackMorgon

Bevab

Staff Member
Seriously, how do you score just 303 in an ODI when you have 8 wickets left? Deserved to lose this one

Das’ injury probably took at least 20 runs away. Also feel like Tamim’s not being aggressive enough these days. He has been a slowpoke for a long time now and these days he isn’t making it count either.

Users who are viewing this thread