Cameroon

Last edited:

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
The Euro Champions won't feature in 2022. The last time this happened was when the Dutch won the Euro and failed to turn up at the World Cup.

I personally believe the Regional Championship winners should get a direct ticket to the FIFA Finals. Afterall, the Regional Championships also require teams to qualify. Given the number of competing nations, a Qualifier is necessary, but for me, FIFA should atleast have a direct qualification for the Final 4. For long, I have been a proponent of the fact that the 3rd place game needs to be scrapped as it hold no value whatsoever in the larger scheme of things (except financials maybe)

Till Valhalla

ICC Chairman
The Boys
Profile Flag
Papua New Guinea
The Euro Champions won't feature in 2022. The last time this happened was when the Dutch won the Euro and failed to turn up at the World Cup.

I personally believe the Regional Championship winners should get a direct ticket to the FIFA Finals. Afterall, the Regional Championships also require teams to qualify. Given the number of competing nations, a Qualifier is necessary, but for me, FIFA should atleast have a direct qualification for the Final 4. For long, I have been a proponent of the fact that the 3rd place game needs to be scrapped as it hold no value whatsoever in the larger scheme of things (except financials maybe)
A big no to direct qualifications from me. The world cup charm is that anything can happen at any stage.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
I get it. With the game window being so small, anything can happen. However, countries ought to be rewarded for their pursuits in the lead up to the World Cup. I get the point that some may miss out during the qualifiers due to bad gameplay, but to deny the regional winners - I think that's stretching it a bit far

Till Valhalla

ICC Chairman
The Boys
Profile Flag
Papua New Guinea
I get it. With the game window being so small, anything can happen. However, countries ought to be rewarded for their pursuits in the lead up to the World Cup. I get the point that some may miss out during the qualifiers due to bad gameplay, but to deny the regional winners - I think that's stretching it a bit far
Reward is the prestige with the win. They are a big thing on their own.
Maybe a higher place in qualifiers

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

Two years is plenty of time in football these days though. Spain went from being European champions to getting dismantled in the WC just two years later for instance. Allowing teams a direct entry on the basis of their continental achievements seems a bit unfair to me considering the unpredictable nature of knockout competitions in general.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Group E and Group G are definitely interesting ones to watch out for.

Gunning for the Dutch (as always) followed by Germany. Hopefully, the Oranje can make it this time round.

Last edited:

Bevab

Staff Member
Group B has the potential to be the biggest meme of a group ever seen in World Cup history. Just think of all the shithousery that we could see!

Khan Sahab54

#titans
PAK...
AFG...
Lions
RCB...
Zalmi
MS
Manchester Originals
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Just 4 days left for the most awaited tournament.

Neptune

Panel of Selectors
Avengers
I put major vCash bet on Germany, 2nd England and little on Netherlands...
No Argentina or Brazil :wow:
I have my doubts about Germany but England and Netherlands have pretty robust squads for sure

Users who are viewing this thread