South Africa Team Discussion

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Bedingham has now opted to be eligible for SA instead of England like he originally planned. Massive news for SA, he averages close to fifty overall in FC cricket and has been solid in the last county season too. Could be the immediate, Conway like solution to their batting woes in test cricket.
Seen that SA20 money

Bevab

Staff Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Seen that SA20 money

Is he going to get in with that T20 record of his? There are other better players who weren’t picked either.

I believe it’s because they’ve revamped their management who would have made a very promising proposal to him. Expect to see him sooner than later in the Proteas squad.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Is he going to get in with that T20 record of his? There are other better players who weren’t picked either.

I believe it’s because they’ve revamped their management who would have made a very promising proposal to him. Expect to see him sooner than later in the Proteas squad.
There's more chance of a slot opening up in the South Africa middle order too. England's is pretty locked down.

Bevab

Staff Member
There's more chance of a slot opening up in the South Africa middle order too. England's is pretty locked down.

As far as I can see from the outside, the slots are already open. It's free real estate!

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Despite Temba's knock of 140 odd,I still feel he needs to concentrate fully on the Test setup. Give the ODI regins to Markram. Having 2 white ball captains doesnt really make much sense for SA. Temba is a classical batsman and would do well if he concentrates only on the Test format.

Bevab

Staff Member
Despite Temba's knock of 140 odd,I still feel he needs to concentrate fully on the Test setup. Give the ODI regins to Markram. Having 2 white ball captains doesnt really make much sense for SA. Temba is a classical batsman and would do well if he concentrates only on the Test format.

Markram is lucky to even be in the ODI squad at this point and is preferred only because he can bowl. I have no doubt he’ll come good soon enough but Bavuma has been splendid as the captain and is also their best player of spin so he isn’t going anywhere else for the time being.

RUDI

Administrator
Admin
SRH...
Champions League Winner
1693836443023.png

Just once you start getting used to the one sponsor's logo they change it.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Temba Bavuma (C), Gerald Coetzee, Quinton de Kock, Reeza Hendricks, Marco Jansen, Heinrich Klaasen, Sisanda Magala, Keshav Maharaj, Aiden Markram, David Miller, Lungi Ngidi, Anrich Nortje, Kagiso Rabada, Tabraiz Shamsi, Rassie van der Dussen

World Cup squad. Seem to lack something. Maybe the middle order?

Bevab

Staff Member
World Cup squad. Seem to lack something. Maybe the middle order?

They’ve got six pacers on paper so I’d have to agree. There isn’t any form of backup for the middle order batters on the bench, I would have rather had Stubbs instead of Magala/Coetzee/Ngidi. Wonder who plays as the main all-rounder if the Jansen at seven strategy fails too.

Users who are viewing this thread