Cricket 24 - General Discussion

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
The best bet will be to release it as an Early Access on steam /Game preview on xbox and then patch it up for 1 month and then release it on consoles and PCs.

Nithin Antony

County Cricketer
TPCL Titans
They are doing a good job patching AFL 23 now what is the general review is. Some of game mechanics is still broken but they are releasing daily patches. Just like cricket 22. AFL players are saying that game certainly has potential, which is what I used to tell during January- February 2022 for cricket 22.

For some reason I believe they will slowly start patching AFL every alternate day from next week. And then it will be weekly updates and then it will be monthly or no updates. Just like what they did with cricket. In between all this a vast potential of the game will be under utilized and wanting us to get that, that's what is going to happen with AFL 23 and same will happen for c24.

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
Without a career mode or rolling seasons afl 23 has a very short game life span anyway.I am playing it as much to see what each patch does as well as anything else.Seems to be some new banners which is good.It will get patched until xbox release which also add the pro team to the mix,i am guessing and then it will slow down and some things will remain broken forever.I would expect there will be news of cricket 24 early June and the cycle of patches to move onto that game.

karolkarol

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Ireland (Cricket)
The Game of the Ashes has a pretty small window really!

Ideally it needs to be out by the end of June at the latest with the 2nd test finishing on 2nd July and 3rd test starting 6th July. Little point releasing after 10th July when the majority of the series will be finished and potentially (although unlikely), the Ashes decided.

Harshs1993

Club Cricketer
There's no point releasing the game when the ashes is ongoing
It has to be before the start of ashes . And I think cricket Australia would be very specific about this
Because thats the whole point

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
There's no point releasing the game when the ashes is ongoing
It has to be before the start of ashes . And I think cricket Australia would be very specific about this
Because thats the whole point
I mean FIFA or Football Manager don't release before the football season starts. Granted the Ashes smaller window than the football season. The Hundred, which starts after, is partially on free to air TV. So, in the UK at least, that might actually be a bigger gateway than the Ashes.

Harshs1993

Club Cricketer
I mean FIFA or Football Manager don't release before the football season starts. Granted the Ashes smaller window than the football season. The Hundred, which starts after, is partially on free to air TV. So, in the UK at least, that might actually be a bigger gateway than the Ashes.
Yeah because ea fifa isn't promoting any specific event like big ant is doing with ashes
If ea promotes an event like fifa world cup , they make sure that the game is released before the tournament

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Yeah because ea fifa isn't promoting any specific event like big ant is doing with ashes
If ea promotes an event like fifa world cup , they make sure that the game is released before the tournament
In that case they should just release it with England and Australia as the only playable and licensed teams and call it Ashes Cricket 24.

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
Its not great if they miss the ashes but on the plus side it gives them until Dec 24 to complete the game lol.
As its most likely a build on cricket 22 rather than starting from scratch it probably will be on time anyway.

Loubs

User Title Purchaser
ENG....
X Rebels
Profile Flag
England
It has always released after the first transfer window specifically so they can bring the squad lists up to date.

Bevab

Staff Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
It has always released after the first transfer window specifically so they can bring the squad lists up to date.

It is one reason but it is not a priority that you need to stick to, PES for instance would release marginally earlier than FIFA and still not have the transfers from the last few weeks of the transfer window. FM’s in a whole different ballpark I suppose with absolutely no sort of competition, they can do whatever they want.

Kinda reminds me of a certain cricket game.

noys390

Club Cricketer
Better not stay waiting for crick24, I have a feeling it would be greatly delayed. No trailers, No ads, no proper sceenshots, no official communication from BA representatives here. Some ipl teams got licensed, there some ads or hype could have been created but ipl too is coming to an end. Guess where this is heading to.

bumba

Club Captain
Profile Flag
New Zealand
Better not stay waiting for crick24, I have a feeling it would be greatly delayed. No trailers, No ads, no proper sceenshots, no official communication from BA representatives here. Some ipl teams got licensed, there some ads or hype could have been created but ipl too is coming to an end. Guess where this is heading to.
Keep checking stores like Amazon India, EB games Australia where it is showing June per order. Any release date change will appear there.

Bevab

Staff Member
Keep checking stores like Amazon India, EB games Australia where it is showing June per order. Any release date change will appear there.

My man, there hasn’t been a release date announced in the first place.

Users who are viewing this thread