[Indian Cricket Career] Beta Testing

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
I was just wondering if the interest is paid weekly or in real time. Also, are the sponsorships paid weekly or are they a one-time thing?
Interests and sponsorships should now be paid monthly (automatically).

The following result is unrealistic, it is highly unlikely for a team following on to turn the match around and for a team that batted so well in their first innings to do so poorly in their second innings!

1st Test Result

West Indies 1st innings: 652/6 (Chanderpaul 171)
England 1st innings: 358 all out
England 2nd innings: 523 all out (Collingwood 123)
West Indies 2nd innings: 71 all out (Panesar 4/27)

England win by 158 runs
Yup, I've seen results like this thrown out when the computer is trying to chase. Also, maybe Panesar just had a brill day ;). I will get around to tweaking the game engines later--it's gone down a bit in priority.

Last edited:

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
To start everyone off on an even note, at some point today all current sponsorships will be removed and the new system will be in place.

PhilD123

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
No Murali for the 2nd ODI against Pakistan, he played in the first. They need him in the third!:p. They lost without him.

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
Since you've just implemented the new system of fitness, can you please make all fitness levels full for everybody ? so that we can test how it works ? Provided i cant test it when my fitness is about to finish.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Since you've just implemented the new system of fitness, can you please make all fitness levels full for everybody ? so that we can test how it works ? Provided i cant test it when my fitness is about to finish.
I thought I had done this already. I'll go ahead and reset it again.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Cheers sohum :) Thanks a lot :) So when you wipe away the current data, we will register again and with any name ?
Yeah, but that should be a while away. I'll be wiping out sponsorships sometime today/tomorrow and implementing the new system. I'm still figuring it out, though.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
The performance-based sponsorship is now in place. Your performance will keep improving as you play games and play well. It will decrease if you chip in a bad performance. Once it gets above halfway, you will become eligible for sponsorship. As your performance keeps increasing, the probability of being offered a sponsorship increases.

At the end of the week, when scenarios are played out, these sponsorships are offered to all who are eligible. You will then have one week to accept the sponsorship. If you do not accept it, it will be removed the next week. Once you accept a sponsorship, your bar will be reset back to 0 (or a number close to 0). Let me know if y'all find any bugs and if you have any comments.

I've also fixed (I think) some of the formatting problems (when the text became enlarged). These used to happen when I put a message before the page declaration. I think I have fixed all of these with snazzy error boxes, but let me know if I have missed something. ;) I also found out that you could throw away other people's bats, something that I hope I have fixed now.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
I have no more games :( So does that mean I have no more sponsorships? Can I keep my current ones?

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Well current sponsorships have all been wiped. I guess I can set you up with some FC/ODI games against international opposition such as... Australia. ;)

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Sure...any of the Aussies into match fixing by any chance? ;)
Also, how is the algorithm now? Does it work and has it stopped picking only two frontline spinners? I should be picked on my bowling, not batting. And has the new training been implemented?

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Sure...any of the Aussies into match fixing by any chance? ;)
Also, how is the algorithm now? Does it work and has it stopped picking only two frontline spinners? I should be picked on my bowling, not batting. And has the new training been implemented?
I believe I have fixed it but who knows. :p The new training system has been implemented but it is not all that different from the old one, except that injuries are far less common and you will also gain appreciable amounts of fitness if you do not overwork.

As an addendum, I have also started working on a player/team generator. Just putting the finishing touches on it, in fact. Generated players are not that good.

Last edited:

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
I'm putting the finishing touches on the Ranji Trophy competition. After that I'll work out selection camps (should be tough) and then the game should be ready for content. :)

Users who are viewing this thread