YOUR England Team

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Why would you put beckham on there(dont say freekicks)?

He's an allround class player. Better than Bentley in my eyes and still great at what he does. Superb crosses are what has been giving us goals, and that has all been down to Beckham. He's the best we have at right mid and one of the best we will ever have!

Dr. Pepper

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Why would you put beckham on there(dont say freekicks)?

He's an allround class player. Better than Bentley in my eyes and still great at what he does. Superb crosses are what has been giving us goals, and that has all been down to Beckham. He's the best we have at right mid and one of the best we will ever have!

Totally agree. His crosses are better than anyone's in the world. He is a great influence on the team aswell. Can you name a better right winger for England?

shantanu_rooney

Chairman of Selectors
Mine team would be

James

Richards--Terry--Ferdinand(c)--Cole

Beckham--Barry--Hargreaves--Joe Cole

Gerrard

Rooney​

Surprised to see no one had Hargo...Well Foster or Hart could be better than James

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
If England win another world cup ill shoot myself.

Well, Spain have finally won something after more than forty years...

MasterBlaster76 added 1 Minutes and 13 Seconds later...

You wont even qualify. ;)

If the situation with SA doesn't sort itself out, we may well nick it off them! Weren't we in the running for it in the first place?

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
Mine team would be

James

Richards--Terry--Ferdinand(c)--Cole

Beckham--Barry--Hargreaves--Joe Cole

Gerrard

Rooney​

Surprised to see no one had Hargo...Well Foster or Hart could be better than James

Thats a boring midfield, but something Capello might actually consider. When he was the manager at Real Madrid, he made sure he had two holding midfielders, playing Emerson and Diarra usually. Barry and Hargreaves are the best options he has right now. Beckham should start although Bentley too is a good player. Difference being Becks is capable of doing the extra bit in difficult situations but Bentley will be more consistent. Joe Cole should be England's obvious choice on the left, and he has been one of their most impressive performers, for what I've seen of them. A match winner.

I dont know about Richards and I think Brown isnt good enough. Terry, Ferdinand and Cole are excellent players. Goalkeeping is a big weakness for me.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Joe Cole is England's best player imo. In terms of consistency of performances he's head and shoulders above the rest really with only Rooney pushing him close. I think Rooney could be England's best player if he stops being played as a lone striker.

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
Yes I've always seen Rooney as a support striker. Unfortunately since the old Michael Owen, England have struggled to find a world class striker. Lots of them who did ok in the Premiership but were never really world class.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Rooney is never going to be the 'main' striker, his best position is just behind the front man, or deeper, like in the Scholes position. Capello should be moving heaven and earth to get Scholes back in the England setup.

PhilD123

International Coach
Joe Cole is England's best player imo. In terms of consistency of performances he's head and shoulders above the rest really with only Rooney pushing him close. I think Rooney could be England's best player if he stops being played as a lone striker.
Are you losing your love for Garry?;)

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Barry is England's most reliable player and he'll never put a foot wrong, but he's not a matchwinner like Cole or Rooney.

And Defoe's just a little twat.

evertonfan added 0 Minutes and 54 Seconds later...

Barry is England's most reliable player and he'll never put a foot wrong, but he's not a matchwinner like Cole or Rooney.

And Defoe's just a little twat.

shantanu_rooney

Chairman of Selectors
Well if Gerrard and Rooney could combine like Gerrard and Torres did last season then it all dreams for England .

Well I feel Barry and Hargo will ne good at center midfield . Becks is getting older so I think he will get first 50-60 mins and then it will be Bentley or Downing coming on .

Keeping is just a major weakness . James and Robinson falter when needed and Foster and Hart not at all experienced . So some one like Green could be really handy .

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Someone needs to sit the England players down with some videos from Euro 2004, especially the Croatia game, and remind them what they're capable of. We played some beautiful stuff in that tournament and Rooney was different class. They just showed the England v Portugal game on ESPN today and it makes you so mad when you see the 'goal' that Sol Campbell scored disallowed, there wasn't a damn thing wrong with it!

The problem isn't just that England can't play as a team right now, it's also that they're just not a lucky team:

Mexico '86 (Hand of God. Need I say more?)
Italia '90 (Germany's goal was so bloody jammy! Looping Deflection off Paul Parker.)

England '96 (Gazza must've been within inches of putting Germany out in Semi. We would've beaten Czechs in Final, no doubts about that. Wembley, full-house, no trophy for 30 years? Come on, we'd have blown the Czechs away!)

France '98 (Sol Campbell goal disallowed again for no good reason.)
Portugal 2004 (Ditto.)
Germany 2006 (If Rooney was properly fit, we would've beaten Portugal. He had a couple of right air-kicks in that game)

In each of these tournaments, we would've had a fantastic chance of winning if we'd got a little bit of luck (or referee that could do their job) just at the right moment. The luck must change one day, Spain's did!!! And if Greece can win a tournament, then anything can happen.

It might seem all doom and gloom now, but that's what the England team have done over the years. They've been up and down like a damn yo-yo, so many false dawns...

Last edited:

PhilD123

International Coach
We played some pretty average sides in 2004, and again in 06 we played some poor sides and only just managed to beat them.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
The point is, we played some beautiful and creative attacking football. Whether a team's average or not, that sort of football is going to trouble any team.

As for 2006, we didn't get into our stride until Portugal game and by then it was too late...

My England team?

Identify the youngsters who are up for it and care more about the Three Lions than their wallet, wind em up and set 'em loose against the World's best. Let's face it, the U21 side would probably do bloody well if we chucked them in a major tournament, with a few older fortifications such as Rooney and Terry...

Theo Walcott has got to be given a full game in an important qualifier. He has pace to burn and doesn't seem afraid to use it. Give him a chance, Capello!

Last edited:

lewbis05

Club Cricketer
my england team would be
goalkeeper:david james
defenders:john terry , rio ferdinand , ashley cole , johnson
midfielders:steven gerrard , frank lampard , gareth barry , shaun wright-phillips
forwards:peter crouch , wayne rooney
that is my england team but i think i should of chosen agbonglahour as my best bencher so i would bring him on every now and again instead of crouch or rooney

Users who are viewing this thread