Super 8: 23rd Match NZ v SL

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Too bad for New Zealand that they lost. The first over that Malinga bowled was really great to watch. He bowled a yorker, bouncer, slower ball. Everything was in that over.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Dilshan fired and SL got a good total. Good bowling by SL, Udana should have cemented a spot in the Semi final with his bowling.

N McCullum has been a star with the ball this tournament just needed more wickets from the other guys. Oram's batting has been a real let down for quite some time, I think the last time he produced was against us.

Simon Doull was saying last night that the last time Jacob Oram passed 30 in a limited overs game for NZ was in Feburary 2008 :eek:

Tbh I can't see him playing for to much longer, he is really starting to look unfit.

Patel and McCullum are pretty much the same too, both good spinners and both are very good fielders. But McCullum can bat so it would be good to see him make some runs when he is given the chance.

did some say Ross Taylor was gona reverse sweep Mendis?

Reverse sweep?

I don't think so Fogle.

Ari

International Cricketer
Can't keep picking Oram as an all rounder his batting has gone, he bowled well but if we pick him thats what we have to pick him for.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
So it would be safe to say Oram's days of playing test cricket look to be gone. If he can't bat there is noway he should be near the team.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
He would make the Aussie side as a bowler ;) He would be an upgraded version of McDonald, better pace, better batting!

But yea Oram needs to be dropped, that could be the wake up call he needs.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
If New Zealand did drop Oram though I would guess he would retire from test cricket just like Styris did when he was droped. Tbh I can't see him going to Sri Lanka.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Well NZ can't keep carrying him and hoping he will rediscover that form. He needs to show he still has it through domestic. Even his ODI spot must be questioned.

charith

Club Captain
I felt with Guptill tbh he really gave it his all. Good find for NZ at just 22. He'll go on to do bigger things. I didn't like how the cameras kept focusing on him though. Give the guy a break he played his heart out and was continually caught on camera and commented upon.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
lets see if some 1 said it or not

my bottom...

Did anyone say reverse sweep?

Do you even know the difference between a slog sweep and a reverse sweep. Because by the sounds of it you do not.

nz0003

International Cricketer
It hurts me opening this thread, I feel so disappointed in our players bar Nath McCullum, Martin Guptill and to a certain extent Vettori and Butler. Redmond did his job but should of gone on it with, the rest were a total disgrace.

irottev

School Cricketer
The disappointing thing was that the experienced players didn't step up. Styris did well in the warm-ups but was bad in the actual thing. Oram was terrible, Taylor was very irresponsible though injury doesn't help. McCullum only played 1 decent innings and didn't keep. Those guys had just been playing IPL. They should have been in good form and stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread