Tour match thread -Scotland v Australia Aug 28

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Yeah, was born in Australia, had a T20 bowling average of like, two through playing with Victoria, didn't get picked for the World T20. Raged, went to Dutchland, then Hilditch realised what a cockhead he was.

Also, Nannes conceeded 3 runs off his last four overs. (Y)

damn i didnt know that. but how did he make it in the Dutch team?

ajdude

International Coach
His mother is Dutch, I think, that got him qualified. It's a bit tricky, if he had already played for Australia, he wouldn't have been able to qualify for Dutchland.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
I think the selectors should really consider bringing Voges into the one day side. I know its already been announced but he is quite good.

Hes in the squad just has to get ahead of White. With Ponting not around for half of the ODI series there is a spot for either White or Voges.

iridescentt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The ICC encourages that if a full ICC member (Like Australia) are not playing people like Nannes, that they should offload them to other ICC associates (Something to do with being a full member or something like that). Well at least I think I read that somewhere.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
I was there and was impressed with our opening of both innings, but our middle overs were poor.

it was annoying to see australia get so many runs due to very average fielding by us. I've always thought that associates need to work on their fielding, it's the bread and butter of teamwork, no one in the australian side is picked because they are a fielder (except the wicky obviously), it's a learned skill developed by hard graft and there should be no reason an associate nation can't get to at least a decent fielding standard. Also it's a bit shoddy that so many of our players look out of shape, especially compared to the lean australians. Again, yeah, they are not professionals and will not have the same bat and ball skills but they should be fit. My brother holds down a full time job and still manages to be a competitive long distance runner, these guys do have more leeway than him with training camps.

but on the whole, we were obviously nowhere near australia's league. I had a jurassic park sort of moment in the innings break, off to buy something to drink I saw the aussies warming up their bowling, at first all I could hear was the sound of a ball absolutely smacking paines gloves as he warmed up, then I went to have a look and saw mitch and lee bowling, and it was "christ, they're fast."

a highlight not caught on camera though would be mitch very obligingly signing autographs for the kids when he was at fine leg, one young nipper took Flintoff's biography to be signed :D

would still like to say thanks to the aussies, it was a good experience for the crowd and the players, and it's good of them to come up here to help promote the game as well as warm up, and good to see their players really give their all and not cruise. It was disheartening to see hussey pummel sixes and Lee and Johnson send down rockets but would much rather see them bowl near their best than just take it easy.

Last edited:

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
His mother is Dutch, I think, that got him qualified. It's a bit tricky, if he had already played for Australia, he wouldn't have been able to qualify for Dutchland.

but he played for Dutch, and still qualified for Aus. now can he go back and play with the Dutches?

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
^No he cannot play for the Dutch now. Once you play for one of the 'good' teams (not an Associate), you need to requalify with a number of years between appearances if you wanted to change nations eg. Graeme Hick, Kevin Pietersen.

Good to hear your experiences Stinky :clap

Owzat

International Coach
Bingo.
Gavin Hamilton has played test cricket for England too so isn't a total mug.

Yeah, what a fantastic record he has too!

GM Hamilton : 1 Test, 0 runs @ 0.00 (2 ducks) & 15 overs for 63 runs and 0 wkts @ ER of 4.20

So f in what if he played a Test for England!?!?!? Plenty have, so have the likes of Maddy, Pattinson, Ed Smith, and plenty who are/were WAY better than Hamilton. Plenty who are better than Hamilton haven't played for England, doesn't mean diddly

Users who are viewing this thread