Group A (Deccan Chargers, Somerset, Trinidad & Tobago)

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
am I right in thinking NRR will not determine who goes through, and it's runs scored?

that puts the teams at

Somerset 263
deccan 153
T&T 150

so if T&T post 113 or more and deccan chase it, somerset are out. similarly if deccan post a large score and T&T fail to chase it but do make 114 somerset go out.

but am I wrong in thinking that while in this group things will be ok as deccan have more runs than trinidad&tobago so were they to win they'd automatically have more runs and thus it would just depend on the size of the score whether T&T or somerset go out, but could this system not lead to a team winning, but going out because they are chasing a low target and can't get enough runs back?

Last edited:

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Chargers are in deep trouble...They've to rewrite the history if they are planning to continue their campaign at CLt20.
Winning match in Hyderabad is the History which needs to be rewritten.
They played 8 official games in which they lost 8..!!And out of them, 6 matches were last ball thrillers.

And Roy has out standing record of conceding 30 runs off 1 Over to Virender Sehwag and giving 17 runs to Shane Warne off last over.
So, TT gonna make it as Advantage..

Hopefully if DC rewrites the history, it'll be good..:)

Binnu added 2 Minutes and 29 Seconds later...

am I right in thinking NRR will not determine who goes through, and it's runs scored?

that puts the teams at

Somerset 263
deccan 153
T&T 150

so if T&T post 113 or more and deccan chase it, somerset are out. similarly if deccan post a large score and T&T fail to chase it but do make 114 somerset go out.

but am I wrong in thinking that while in this group things will be ok as deccan have more runs than trinidad&tobago so were they to win they'd automatically have more runs and thus it would just depend on the size of the score whether T&T or somerset go out, but could this system not lead to a team winning, but going out because they are chasing a low target and can't get enough runs back?
Mate, don't waste your time is typing stats..
DC will lose the next game even as they'll have to rewrite history of RGICS to win the next game..

Yogy

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I think this is the only Group where no team reached the next stage yet.

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
It's a real shame. Couldn't care about the people who will say it's made up and all that because they clearly are too simple minded.

Hopefully now it'll give Craig Kieswetter a chance to shine opening the innings.

Sartaj

Panel of Selectors
Tsk tsk...i don't actually blame Tresco...i feel sorry for him.
He wouldn't have thought of CL when he was playing in England.

P

pcfan123

Its not PTSD Tresco, go fight in Iraq for a bit then you can complain about anxiety and depression.

Last edited by a moderator:

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
How about you go away, find out something about what is up with Trescothick and then come back? Your ignorance makes you look stupid. Which may well be the case for all I know.

Personally, I'm gutted for the bloke, it's a credit to the guys character that he even got this far just to help the club out. Top bloke and hopefully he can get back to scoring thousands of runs domestically again next year.

Sartaj

Panel of Selectors
Its like he doesn't really have to do that for a living.
He can still earn enough playing for Somerset in England.

P

pcfan123

How about you go away, find out something about what is up with Trescothick and then come back? Your ignorance makes you look stupid. Which may well be the case for all I know.
Personally, I'm gutted for the bloke, it's a credit to the guys character that he even got this far just to help the club out. Top bloke and hopefully he can get back to scoring thousands of runs domestically again next year.

me fail english? thats unpossible

Params7

International Cricketer
What's the deal with Trescothik anyways..? Anyone know the issues he's going through?

Users who are viewing this thread