1st PS3 T20 Champions Trophy- Completed

ThandaMilk

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
5th/6th play off W.I (gougie) v S.A (psymax)

W.I won toss and bat

W.I 317/9 20 overs
Gayle 88(35) AB 4/18 2

Nash 53(17) Steyn 4/31 4

S.A 198 AO 18.1 overs

AB 67(29) Baker 3/48 4
Gibbs 43(25) Gayle 3/61 4

W.I win by 119 runs MOM C Gayle and AB Deviliers

Well played mate a great effort trying to chase such a huge score.

Well done mate. That's a HUGE total there 300+.

Eflindor

School Cricketer
Good game lads. Looking forward to seeing the finals results.

It has been a - Great tournament - and HUGE thanks must go to lilas for organizing it.

THANKS MATE :D

Ef :banana2

lilas11

Club Cricketer
Me and Lilas started the first final today, due to time restrictions we coudnt complete the whole game, lilas batted first and was 189/7 from 19.2 overs when we lost connection.

The lag got really bad after 15 overs, so if there is no lag at all next time we play then i have agreed to restart the game, if there is a bit of a lag then we will continue from were we left off in a unranked game.

Or lilas if you remember what the score was after 15 overs, maybe we can continue from 15 overs, with 2 overs of Akhtar, 1 of Tanveer and 1 of Rauf to go.?

With the amount of lag I would personally feel we should continue from 15 overs with the score at 150 odd for 4 but I think it ll be unfair on the other tourney members since everyone else continued from where the game disconnected and played through the lag.....

So my suggestion is we just continue from where we got disconnected but instead of completing my last over in an unranked and then starting a new one we apply duckworth lewis which makes the score 201

lilas11

Club Cricketer
Good game lads. Looking forward to seeing the finals results.

It has been a - Great tournament - and HUGE thanks must go to lilas for organizing it.

THANKS MATE :D

Ef :banana2

Thanks Eflindor ... wouldn't have been possible without u guys... look forward to having u around for the next one too...

ThandaMilk

Club Captain
Hey Lilas congrats man just heard from Rizzy about your winning the first of the best of three finals. Looking forward to scores and a complete match report.

lilas11

Club Cricketer
Hey Lilas congrats man just heard from Rizzy about your winning the first of the best of three finals. Looking forward to scores and a complete match report.

Thanks Thandamilk was a great match.. still have the tough task of beating RIZZY again..:noway

Rizzy would be posting the scores and a match report soon.

RIZZYX

International Coach
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
First T20 Final, Lords.

India: 201/7 (20 Overs)
Pakistan: 174 all out (20 Overs)

Result: India won by 27 runs

Match Report: After weeks of intreguing and exciting T20 Cricket, the grand finale was well and truly on the way, India perhaps having the slight edge with a clean record through out the tournament, yet only a few would be brave enough to right Pakistan off from pulling another win together to put a halt to India's winning streak when it matters most.

India won the toss and without any hesitation opted to bat, aiming to pile on the runs and put pressure on Pakistan chasing in a Final, The contest was closely fought from the offset, India's batsman were somewhat cautious yet they managed to get the runs without taking much risk. They reached around the 150 mark with plenty of wickets to spare and 5 overs to go for an onslaught, but with Shoaib Akhtar having 2 overs in the bag, and Sohail Tanveer being helped by the emergence of a bizzare lag, India managed 189/7 an over to spare when the lag caused an end to play, India were given the final total of 201/7 from their 20 overs, and meant Pakistan's required runrate would be over 10 from the word go.

Given the nature of Pakistan's batting through out the tournament, they were always going to come out attacking, and this occasion was no different, Afridi and Akmal took charge and took advantage of the attacking feilds. Then came the loss of Afridi's wicket, a huge blow to Pakistan, and slowly India kept picking up the wickets, Pakistan were up with the run rate but were loosing all their key batsman, and with only Sohail Tanveer at the crease and another 70 to win from the last 6 overs it was always going to be a uphill task, Though Tanveer made a game of it taking it to the last few overs, in the end it was too much to do, 34 to win from the final over, even if a Miandad six was to come off the last ball it would not win it, unless ofcourse it was a Harshel Gibbs 36 from one over, today this was not to be, as today was India's day of glory, a game that no doubt meant so much to them.

So India have the upper hand now, and go in to tomorrows Final looking to finish matters off once and for all, Pakistan on the other hand will be looking for a come back win to level the series of 3 and to take it into a thrlling third game.

(Well played Lilas, considering you had the lag aswell for some of your innings you deffo playd the better cricket, a thorughly deserved win, ) (Sreenshots only availble for Pakistan batting innings and will be updated soon)

Last edited:
P

pcfan123

Congrats on making it to the finals you guys. Seems like we have some very competitive players now on ps3. Im going to get owned :laugh

Eflindor

School Cricketer
Nice work lads, look forward to seeing the rest of results.

Ef

lilas11

Club Cricketer
Final 2 Match 33: India Vs Pakistan
India lead 3 match finals 1-0
Venue: Lords
Toss: Pakistan elect to bat

Pakistan 186 all out in 18.4 overs
India 188/5 in 19.2 overs

India won by 5 wickets
India wins tourney 2-0
Match report to be added by Rizzy soon

As always a great game Rizzyx. Very close and tense...A fitting finale.
Thank you everyone for participating has been a great tournament wouldn't have been possible without u guys..:happy:clap:banana2

Last edited:

lilas11

Club Cricketer
finalsd.jpg

RIZZYX

International Coach
Final 2 Match 33: India Vs Pakistan
India lead 3 match finals 1-0
Venue: Lords
Toss: Pakistan elect to bat

Pakistan 186 all out in 18.4 overs
India 188/5 in 19.2 overs

India won by 5 wickets
India wins tourney 2-0

This was a game that could seal it all and bring an end to a great tournament, one that had all the right ingrediants from the outset, it was a competiton that was in the open for a few teams, yet such is the nature of such tournaments that there can only ever be one team that can previal. Was it to be Pakistan or India? Well Pakistan had it all to do to keep the best of three finals alive. After winning the toss they elected to bat without any hesitation, and this came to no surprise after they failed to chase in the previous final.

As always they started with a flash, Kamran Akmal taking more than 20 from the first over, but there innings was following a similer script, again the first wicket was lost in 40's, and if it wasnt for the horrid time Dhoni was having behind the stumps owing to a lag it would have been alot worse. Pakistan played well against the pace bowlers bar Sharma who they played with total defence, but it was the introduction of Sehwag that turned the game around, his 4 overs got him 4 wickets, at just over a run a ball, and considering the manner in which Pakistan's batsman were struggling against him, one wondered why spin wasnt introduced from both ends to really put the shackles on Pakistan, in the end Shoaib Malik added some much needed injection to get Pakistan close to the 200 mark, but they lost all their wickets with 10 balls to spare, would these 10 balls come back to haunt Pakistan?

India came out with a plan, it was not all guns blazing like the Pakistan batsman it was much more articulated than that, they found the very few gaps that existed in the inner ring without lofting it over the in feild, and got the constant two's, India were easly getting ten an over without the boundries. The opning stand was worth 60, it was a marvelled run chase. Pakistan did not give up and so they should not have, the game was still very much alive, India always required more than 8 an over and with Shoaib Akhtar being saved for the latter stages of the innings, it was not going to be as straight forward as it seemed. In fact this game was heading in the direction of a thrilling final, one that would go right down to the wire, and with a great spell of bowling from Shoaib in his last 3 overs giving very little away bar a few edges which gave India some very valuble runs. He took the match into the final over with India needing 7 to win, but by this stage Akhtar had finished his spell, so the odds were on India, yet stranger things have happend in a game of cricket.

In the climax of the game, Pakistan selected Fisal Iqbal to bowl his gentle medium pacers for the last over, completley forgetting they still had to bowl one compulsry spin over, the game came to a halt, whilst discussions took place of what should be done, and amongst the discussions the bowler auto bowled a delivery which was smashed for four, in the end Pakistan conceeded the win to India, taking the penalty of selecting the wrong bowler, and knowing the probability that India would manage the 7 runs in the final over against a spinner with 5 wickets in hand.

Pakistan would feel they fell 10 or 20 runs short when they batted, had they made use of their full alloted overs, it may well have made the difference between losing the match and winning it, but these are the if's and but's that a game of Cricket so often includes, in the end India were the befitting victors for this competition, there unbeaten record is evidence of that. They had some close encounters, but in every encounter they had what it took to win, it's as though they have forgot how to lose a game.

Congratulations to India, and in fact Pakistan for putting up a great final, with the next tournament around the corner, these two teams again will be the ones to watch out for.

Last edited:

legend_zee08

School Cricketer
Hi guys as i am already out of the tourney.....but i keep checking all the updates...and as far as haris_12 is concerned i personally think he has done well and from where ever he took over...and he should carry on from where he took over....Its like giving gougie a life line and its not haris's fault he lost his previous games....That is what i think its like favouring....But u can do as most people give their opinion...THANX

RIZZYX

International Coach
lol Legend i think u got the wrong thread here bro :rtfl

Users who are viewing this thread