Cricket Management Simulator

blake

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I would be happy to help with the run scoring algorithm, currently I'm only just learning C++ so I only have very basic knowledge and can't help you too much, but I can try to help you make it as realistic as possible through defining the right values of the artifical intelligence. ;)

dbest

School Cricketer
So far it sounds good. keep up the hard work on it

Thanks...

I would be happy to help with the run scoring algorithm, currently I'm only just learning C++ so I only have very basic knowledge and can't help you too much, but I can try to help you make it as realistic as possible through defining the right values of the artifical intelligence. ;)

Thanks Blake.Once I complete the code, I shall discuss the algorithm with you. I dont think you would need any programming language, but just a bit of math. I will code the algorithm into the game. :)

blake

School Cricketer
Precisely, that's why I offered to help - creating the perfect AI would take more math which is my specialty. I would also like to help just to learn more about creating different AI, and what sort of 'levels' you would set it to, and perhaps just a sort of a guideline if I ever get bored and attempt a cricket game someday. :D

dbest

School Cricketer
Nice to hear that Blake. I will email/PM you the way I do my run scoring math for now. Let me have your thoughts.

dbest

School Cricketer
After spending 90 minutes tonite on the commentary, I realized that I need to implement it in a totally different way. So rite now, the game has some bland text being outputted.

Tomorrow, I will commence work on the bowling and the order handling.

Will also be discussing the algorithms with Blake.

blake

School Cricketer
dbest - I have sent you some feedback regarding the amount of runs scored per ball in an attempt to tone down the run rate a little bit. I haven't really looked at it in depth yet, but that's just a start.

dbest

School Cricketer
Thanks Blake. I will implement your feedback and see how it works out. The massive run-rate is a cause for concern.

Anything else that you would like to add, do let me know.

dbest

School Cricketer
A quick update. I have modified a few parameters in the run scoring algorithm, but am still not too pleased with it. :mad:

However the bowling has now been made a bit more flexible. I now have to work on the orders and commentary. The orders should get done sooner.

I would need some help in creating some squads from demo testing. Anyone ready to spend a few minutes in creating the squads, please drop me a line in my inbox.

dbest

School Cricketer
Due to some issues with the browser crashing on windows vista, i had to reinstall my OS. So right now, development has taken a halt and looks like I will be only able to work on the code from late August or early Sept.

Will keep you guys posted.

dbest

School Cricketer
If any one is interested in taking over the game, I am willing to send the share code.

Mihir Doshi

Club Captain
Ok i am making my sim may be you can give me!!! i can progress this forward!!

dbest

School Cricketer
Great, replied to your PM. Send me an email and will send across the code.

Users who are viewing this thread