Australia tour of New Zealand 2010

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Long overdue, and good to hear. Hussey has always been his best batting with the tail, and Clarke has hit a consistent run of centuries now. Good preparation for a possible move to 3 post 2013.

Chewie

BCCI President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Should have played Williamson at 8 if they really wanted two spinners (given he was in the squad), he couldn't be any worse than Patel with the ball and he would have gave your tail a major wag.

But you don't really want someone who has been doing extremely well with the bat in domestic cricket come in and play at 8 as the second spinner, especially on debut against Australia.

Chewie

BCCI President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Well could always move Vettori to 8 and Williamson at 6.

Yea that's what I thought they'd do but Vettori also said that he didn't want to bring in another batsman and push him down because then they'd have to bat with the tail more, and McCullum and Vettori have been NZs best two batsmen so that wouldn't have solved the problem. Or something along those lines.

War

Chairman of Selectors
He'd be a better "cricketer" I doubt he'd be anymore effective with the ball however. If Daniel Vettori wants to keep batting himself at six then Nathan McCullum would be perfect for this New Zealand team at the moment. If however Vettori moves back down to eight I'd much rather see McCullum's domestic teammate Nick Beard come into the team. Far better attacking spinner IMO as he actually gives the ball a fair rip.

I see. But whoever they pick of McCullum or Beard, NZ have to forget about Patel now.

Crew of Black

Club Cricketer
I would like too see us take a chance on a young, agressive spinner like Nick Beard or Todd Astle, not just out of my pure dislike of Jeetan Patel, but I think we need to start developing a guy to eventually take over from Vettori when he calls it a day. I think giving either one of those guys around 4-6 years behind a guy like Vettori would be better for us in the current situation and in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread