How are you going in International Cricket 2010?

Gilly Fan

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I hope it's just this test but the game seems ridiculously easy. Bowled New Zealand out for about 155. Now I've 1/106 from 17 overs and I've played one lofted shot which was Katich's wicket.

D

Dutch

Yep, it seems a tad to easy for me as well. I just avoid the lofted shot button. It would actually be better if you could still have the bowling reticule without the colour. That would make bowling more enjoyable.

It is still a slog-fest and I am dismayed, utterly dismayed that they have done nowt about the fielding placings.

There are enough redeeming features to keep me playing at the moment but this game still needs some work.

Sorry to say that I fired up EA C04 again and enjoyed it more......:(

Ive increased all batting stats evenly for the south african team by exactly 10%

Win v SA in West Indies on hard

SA 4/205 after 48 overs

(Smith 101*, Roach 2/40)

ill keep ya updated!

Supershtuffthat added 2 Minutes and 26 Seconds later...

Im bowling by the way (SA - ai)

Ok:

SA all out 421 from 98 overs (Kallis 152, Prince 51, no-balls 39 :sarcasm)

Windies 0/17

Getting a bit worried that batting might be a little too easy. And test match batting a little too boring just defending and waiting for the good ball.

Still not convinced I found the answer to perfect test matches. Ill see how this pans out. Pain in the rectum adjsutig everyones stats to - we shouldnt have to do it hey. A simple playtest might of fixed this, trickstar. FFS.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
What bugs me a little bit, is if you create your own custom player, all their stats start from scratch so you can follow their progress. However all the other players have their own stats up to date so its impossible to work out what they have done in the game!!

Anyway to reset them!?

Gone4aDuck

International Coach
I bowled out england with pakistan on hard with min hud for just 80.
I rotated Aamer, Gul and Asif and they were 67/7 at lunch. Brought on D.Kanaria after lunch and he mopped up the rest 6-2-8-3.
Batting is to hard and bowling is to easy. Simples!
If you want to make the AI innings last, simply remove fielders from the covers and point areas. Thats where i take 90% of my catches anyway! But that defeats the point to me.
I would have been happy if this game was just a patched AC09 to be honest.
I cant argue with the power stick as that addition works well. The option to turn off action cam also works for me, but the broadcast view on this game seems worse than AC09. The 90mph+ deliveries look like 85's. On AC09 a M.Johnson 95mph yorker shot down the wicket and gave a good perspective of how fast that type of delivery really is. But on IC10. Nope, looks like Johnsons turned to a medium fast. :(
I also dont see how people say the player faces with england and australia are good?! When a player is apealing for an lbw, he looks like hes doing an impersonation of the screem painting!! And as for B.Lee, whats that all about?!?! The players face editor is set up better, but still very poor quality number and designs of faces.
And i cant stick the commentary. I went 4 overs without any commantary once. I.Bishop says the same fiew things, as does S.Warne. Aggers says the odd new thing, and of course bumble is new, but in all i found the commentary much worse than AC09.
As others have mensioned, ive also had the mystery "clean bowled" bug happen. Twice ive "clean bowled" a batter, but the bails didnt even move!! :facepalm
In the first couple of days i would have given this 9 out of 10. Now playing for the first couple of weeks its 5 out of 10 for me. Such a shame and am very disapointed in it. Just goes to show you can never go on other peoples comments. You have to try first. Perfect advert for renting before buying.
These are all my opinions of course and i dont expect everyone to think the same way. ;)

^^^

D

Dutch

Right, I have discovered that full hud of play is the way to go. Takes a long time to get used to the timing when batting but it is definitely more enjoyable. I am playing a test match at lord's, Holland against Bermuda! Lol!

Chater1703

School Cricketer
So after 30 overs Bangladesh are 115/4 trailing Eng by 166 runs

I. Kayes lbw Anderson 10 (33)
J. Siddique lbw Finn 22 (46)
M. Ashraful b. Swann 34 (50)
M. Ramin Not out 38 (53)
S. Al Hasan b. Chater 0 (3)
F. Reza Not out 2 (4)

One thing I enjoyed immensely was getting my revenge on Al Hasan by bowling him for a duck, with myself bowling :p

Don't worry my player is an all rounder so his bowling rating is only low 60 :laugh

Chater1703

School Cricketer
Bangladesh all out for 159 off 42.1 overs

I. Kayes lbw Anderson 10 (33)
J. Siddique lbw Finn 22 (46)
M. Ashraful b. Swann 34 (50)
M. Ramin not out 55 (81)
S. Al Hasan b. Chater 0 (3)
F. Reza c. Prior b. Chater 7 (18)
Mahmudullah lbw Finn 18 (24)
Mortaza lbw Finn 0 (2)
S. Hossain b. Finn 0 (1)
N. Hossain c. Prior b. Finn 0 (4)
A. Razzack b. Finn 0 (4)

The tail was too easy to bowl out imo but it is Bangladesh after all. Yet surely one of them should have got a few runs, anyway, not complaining :p. Hopefully, i can put on a better batting display and get a big total. With over 3 days left, surely I should win haha

-D-S-B-

International Coach
I might sell this game in 2 or so weeks, online's broken which sucks so why not sell it and get a fun game. It's not exactly a game I can play 2 player with mates and after I've played a few more tests I can't see the point in having it. (Unless it gets patched of course)

Gilly Fan

Chairman of Selectors
Absolute domination against the Kiwis. Chased down the total of 152 in 25 overs with 8 wickets left. Watson fell on 98 when Ponting inside edged a ball to the keeper which I thought had passed him which resulted in the run out of Watson.

Might have to try against India or South Africa and see if it's more realistic.

angad

Chairman of Consent
Had an awesome T20 match playing as India (me) vs Australia (AI)! They made 167 batting first, I had a decent start but lost wickets along the way! Anyways, last 3 overs, 36 required to win with 7 wickets down! Zaheer and Yusuf pathan batting....yosuf hit the first bal or a six and then got out the very next ball trying to hit another one! 30 required off 16 balls! I thought with Zaheer and Ishant sharma at crease it was all over! But still i decided I would not throw away my wickets and woul still try and play sensibly! So I took singles when Ishant was on strike and tried to take calculative risks with Zaheer!

The remaining 4 balls of the 18th over wet for no runs (spinner was bowling)! So 30 required off 2 overs! I just thought to myself, I will try and take atleast 10 rns off this over and with 20 remaining in the last, I would just go all out with my shots and see how it goes! Well as fate would have it, I got 12 runs of the 19th over...so needed 18 off the last with Zaheer on strike!

Bollinger was bowling! I was little confident as I had hit Bollinger for quite a few runs...while brett lee and johnson were difficult to hit for boundaries! Here is the final over:

First Ball: Zaheer hits it to he vacant offside area for a SIX!
Second Ball: Again hit to off side...taking risk of going in the air...FOUR!
Third Ball: Hit on leg side...perfect timing SIX!
Fourth Ball: Takes a single

So now 2 balls ad just one run to get!

Fifth ball: Hit straight to the fielder (only 2 fielders outside the circle...all the remaining inside to save the run)..i thought of taking the risk but decided against it!

Last ball: bowled on the leg...not well timed...but in the gap!! I WIN :)!!

Awesome match!! Though the field settings kepts by the AI when I needed 36 off the last 3 overs was skeptical (kept 6 fielders in the ring leaving huge gaps in the field)...i had a great great match :)!

jimmywb

School Cricketer
I have tried playing HUD off, what is the deal with batting? Sometimes the bowling marker appears briefly just before the bowler lets go of the ball, but other times it does not appear at all. Has anyone tried HUD off, and do you know how/why/when this occurs? Is it down to the bowler's speed or rating, or is it something to do with the batsman's rating/confidence?

D

Dutch

Having a great test match against the aussies. Me England. At the end of the first session Aussie's are 87 for 1. Pretty nice. Bowled all the overs and it was a good tight contest.

Bowling cam doesn't work for me and bowling hud off neither. What would be good would be to be able to turn of the colours for the bowling reticule. You could see where the ball was landing but not neccessarily have the guidance of knowing wether it was the right line or not, your cricket judgement would have to come into it more.

Users who are viewing this thread