How are you going in International Cricket 2010?

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Oh right, how exactly do I play it? Doesn't mention the shot in the manual.

Edit: Don't worry, found out how to play it. No idea why I hadn't seen it, or played it in the game until now.

Last edited:

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Oh right, how exactly do I play it? Doesn't mention the shot in the manual.

Front foot, play it down to long leg/deep fine leg, ball needs to be full and on the leg side. I've used it against spinners mainly, but sometimes it works with the quicks too.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Anyone have any bowling tips? I'm fine in test matches but when they're trying to slog I can't buy a wicket and go at 10+ rpo.
Yorkers get hit for 6 over midwicket, bouncers get hit for 6 over cover and slower balls get hit for 6 over 3rd man. :(

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
Anyone have any bowling tips? I'm fine in test matches but when they're trying to slog I can't buy a wicket and go at 10+ rpo.
Yorkers get hit for 6 over midwicket, bouncers get hit for 6 over cover and slower balls get hit for 6 over 3rd man. :(

Bowling is the one aspect i don't have so much trouble with. I managed to bowl Aus out for 160 in a 50 over odi and have bowled them out for 128 in a 20 over game.

I tend to bowl three outswingers, then an inswinger. Rinse and repeat. After the first four deliveries, i then sometimes throw in a bounce and or slower ball.
But mainly i stick to three in, one away. Once a wicket falls, i always make the next delivery a yorker, be it inswinging slow or straight. Have picked up Ricky Ponting twice lbw this way.

Now Colin, school me in the art of batsmen ship.

The_gas added 2 Minutes and 30 Seconds later...

Another thing about bowling. Line is very important. Especially with swinging the ball. With these deliveries you tend to start and bowl mostly just outside off. After a while batsmen become used to this. But its possible to bowl really straight swingers, there is a slightly darker, but still good green spot in the middle of the wicket. Varying line once the batsmen get used to one line is another way to keep picking up wickets.

shamey

School Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
hey guys there is something wrong with the animation while playing to a full ball on leg stump(not yorker).the head of planet cricket should speak to mr. smith about this & ask him to make a patch or else we all will feel cheated.also a yorker getting smashed for a six (hook or pull shot) is absolute gamebreaker.plz codies listen to us.

Gilly Fan

Chairman of Selectors
Playing a One Day tournament and playing South Africa in my first match. Absolutely dominated the first 15 overs and was going 8 an over for the loss of one wicket. However a spinner + some terrible shot making from myself has resulted in 5/156. I'm still not convinced on the game. The AI is pathetic and the field placings are dreadful.

WHO HAS 2 LONG ON/OFFS AND ALSO 2 MID ON/OFFS!?!? Who has 2 fine legs and also a backward square and short fine leg! Who bowls short when there is no one on the leg side!?

I've only played for about 10 hours but it's enough for me to give it a break for a bit.

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
WHO HAS 2 LONG ON/OFFS AND ALSO 2 MID ON/OFFS!?!? Who has 2 fine legs and also a backward square and short fine leg! Who bowls short when there is no one on the leg side!?

Fairly sure Colin uses similar fields going by his bowling economy.

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
Playing a 3 test series vs sa in sa, Im aus like normal. I changed all the sa team and there stats. Made smith a 88 bat and about 50 ball, i made there catching very high. They run a little slower but they only droped 1 catch out of 5. First test on normal, i bat first and made only 149. I had harris blowling on 82 and he got wickets very easy against we. The ai then bowled smith as there second spiner and riped me apart. If there fielding was better and faster and there catch for aus and eng teams where normal plus there field sets then this would be a great game not just a good 1. I bowled sa out for 307. I was happy with there batting because eng is to easy to get out for 130 to 220 everytime. Now im 4 for 40. Im not very good yet and having trouble with the batting so far but i did make one good score of 469 against eng, they drop 3 to 5 catches everytime. If trickstar do a patch or a update for ashes to improve the little annoying problems then im very happy.:banana2

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Fairly sure Colin uses similar fields going by his bowling economy.

Scandalous! I use the preset custom one field with 2 changes. 2nd slip goes to cover and mid-off goes a tiny bit deeper.
I don't have a great E/R I just take a lot of wickets.

St0ney

Club Captain
LOL i give up, i pld this guy Stephen_81 he got 79 from his 10 overs.
I bat first 3 overs all his bowls were yorkers and i score 18-3 then he brings on a spinner i smack him for 26 runs and he quits.
I msg his about quitting and he says i would of won if i hadnt brought the spinner on i mean come on get serious i used a spinner when i bowled and took 5-12 so thats a lame excuse.

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
That does suck, but what sucks more his how easy it is to slog spinners. Really does my nut in. :mad:

St0ney

Club Captain
Well i took 5-12 of my spinner he couldnt hit me for much yet other times i get slogged to death lol

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
Australia were going well until i brought spin on. Then Collingwood started taking spectacular catches matrix style behind the stumps.

Attachments

• PICT0042.JPG
    PICT0042.JPG
    372 KB · Views: 143

Users who are viewing this thread