How are you going in International Cricket 2010?

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Wow that is a hell of an innings, heres hoping the AI does not collapse and end the match on Day 2

Agreed.

Lately i have been bowling the AI out for under 200. However, i made sure they had their best rated batsmen playing. I also might use a field with 3 on the boundary, with two slips. This way it should reduce them giving easy catches at cover point and at cover.

Gilly Fan

Chairman of Selectors
Playing South Africa in the World Cup at Harare. Got bpwled out for 260 from 43 overs and now South Africa are 1/170 from 20 overs. I'm trying to mix it up, but most of the time I'm bowling good lengths. What do I do?

D

Dutch

Playing South Africa in the World Cup at Harare. Got bowled out for 260 from 43 overs and now South Africa are 1/170 from 20 overs. I'm trying to mix it up, but most of the time I'm bowling good lengths. What do I do?

I am finding that really varying the pace, switching deliveries at the last moment and changing sides is really helping to contain the AI. It is disheartening however to see perfectly good balls be whacked all over the shop just because some kind of AI trigger has come into effect making them be very aggressive.

I had an ODI against Scotland. they were steaming along at 7 and over and were something like 143 for 1 off 21 overs or something They then proceeded to collapse to 198 all out. I was disappointed that they did not consolidate after losing a few wickets and try and bat the 50 over out more conservatively. Might just be a one off but I fear the worse.

Gilly Fan

Chairman of Selectors
How do you vary the pace? Because when I put it into the yellow on the slider bar, it moves my marker to a poor spot meaning I get smashed.

Oh yea of little faith!!:p

In fact Holland are just all out in the 22nd over having made a miserable 126! They got nowhere near the follow on and I can only see one result from hear.......start another game!:p

Nah, I will finsih it as I need to improve my batting. Some lovely moments. One wicket caused by the ball trickling onto middle stump and slowly knocking the stump over! Nice!

I think he was talking about the world cup final..

D

Dutch

How do you vary the pace? Because when I put it into the yellow on the slider bar, it moves my marker to a poor spot meaning I get smashed.

Top of yellow, middle of dark green, light green. Plus every now and then the slower ball. I think the game is pretty consistent in that regard: you have to try and find the right length and line for that particular pitch and try to use it to your advantage.

MuchMore

International Coach
Profile Flag
Fiji
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Top of yellow, middle of dark green, light green.

I doubt if that changes the pace. That meter is supposed to be the 'goodness' meter and not the pace meter.

Yellow means you bowled the delivery perfectly. And darker the colour, worse the delivery. This meter is not about pace in my view.

That is how it was in AC09 but it might have changed in IC10.. has it?

D

Dutch

I doubt if that changes the pace. That meter is supposed to be the 'goodness' meter and not the pace meter.

Yellow means you bowled the delivery perfectly. And darker the colour, worse the delivery. This meter is not about pace in my view.

That is how it was in AC09 but it might have changed in IC10.. has it?

Mmm, my understanding is tht you now have to take two things into consideration with the bowling colours. The colour of the reticule tells you the position quality and the meter tells you the pace quality....but I might be wrong.....

MuchMore

International Coach
Profile Flag
Fiji
The colour of the reticule tells you the position quality and the meter tells you the pace quality....but I might be wrong.....

hmm..

my understand is cursor states 'where' and meter states 'how efficiently/correctly'

pace can only be changed via 'slower ball' option.

Am I being totally naive? Coz if you are correct, I've been playing the game in my own world till now :p How do we confirm it?

D

Dutch

hmm..

my understand is cursor states 'where' and meter states 'how efficiently/correctly'

pace can only be changed via 'slower ball' option.

Am I being totally naive? Coz if you are correct, I've been playing the game in my own world till now :p How do we confirm it?

I'll read the manual and have a practice and see what it actually means!:p

D

Dutch

The manual talks about execution quality. So the higher in the bar, the better the actual execution, so it indeed doesn't seem to have anything to do with pace......

MuchMore

International Coach
Profile Flag
Fiji
The manual talks about execution quality. So the higher in the bar, the better the actual execution, so it indeed doesn't seem to have anything to do with pace......

but it still restricted AI and helped you maintain decent economy.. right?

So, you did something right anyhow! What that is, is still a question though.

D

Dutch

but it still restricted AI and helped you maintain decent economy.. right?

So, you did something right anyhow! What that is, is still a question though.

I have found that the AI will struggle if you throw in varying "executed" balls. I thought it had to with pace but it apparently has to do with how well the chosen delivery is executed. That seems a bit one dimensional to me. It would be fantastic if you could vary the pace with he stick like you can with the batting....

D

Dutch

Aha! It definitely has an effect on pace as well so you use the meter to vary the pace as well as the execution quality, whatever that means....

Users who are viewing this thread