How are you going in International Cricket 2010?

csnbharathi

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Has anyone noticed its slightly easier to bowl first?

You are right, It is a lot easier to bowl first.

I play 50 over ODI or test with AI and I was loosing every single match when i bat first. One of my first matches bowling first, Bangladesh smashed me for over 500 runs in 40 overs. It was a good learning curve from there.

D

Dutch

Well I am starting to fall in love with this game! Playing a test match Scotland versrus Holland. All huds off. It is so good trying to pick the best ball to hit at. Soft handed singles, staunch defence. Brilliant. And the graphics are so good. Yes it needs work but this is a game with a long shelf life.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Just finally got the Pakistanis all out 4 overs before lunch on day 2. They got 452 with 2 centurions and 2 batsmen reaching fifties!

Perfectly paced, no batsmen had a strike rate higher than 68.

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors
Just finally got the Pakistanis all out 4 overs before lunch on day 2. They got 452 with 2 centurions and 2 batsmen reaching fifties!

This is looking like a nicely paced game.

MuchMore

International Coach
Profile Flag
Fiji
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3

You sure?

No lofted hits over bowlers head instead of grounded cover boundaries?

If that's the case, its a big plus over AC09, if not... its still needs working.

P

pcfan123

Wow that sounds awesome, its even better than the real Pakistani team :laugh, can;t remember the last time they crossed 450 in a Test innings

stevo1

Club Cricketer
Continuing on from before.

England: 0/67 (22 overs)

Strauss 25* (85)
Cook* 33 (56)

Bollinger - 0/9 off 4
Johnson - 0/21 off 9
Hilfenhaus - 0/24 off 7
Hauritz - 0/13 off 2

Loving it.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
This is looking like a nicely paced game.
Perfect so far, really want to bat well and see how they do in their second innings.
You sure?

No lofted hits over bowlers head instead of grounded cover boundaries?

Yes im sure ill stick the scorecards up. There have been some lofted shots with guys on 100's but if the overall run rate has been around 3.8 the whole innings then this is not an issue. They do hit it in the air sometimes in Tests!!!
Wow that sounds awesome, its even better than the real Pakistani team , can;t remember the last time they crossed 450 in a Test innings

Yeah maybe now a little too good, but as far as pacing goes has been spot on. Was a seriously tough effort getting the top order out. Hardly any chances.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Tea Day 2

South Africa 109-4 after 34 overs.

After loosing Smith to Ajmal the over before lunch to LBW decision that was shown to be missing the stumps.

Amla and Peterson rebuilt and was cruising on 50-1.

Petersons dismal brough a mini collpase leaving South Africa 64-4 but since then Amla is 51* and Prince 13* as i have managed to see off a very fired up Aamer who has figures of 3/41.

Id hope to reach the end of the day now with max only one more casulty! Otherwise im going to struggle in this game!

109-5

First ball after Tea Amla goes and now things are looking a little grim!

112-6

Prince gone as well to Gul this time. After both batsmen cruising before tea, all of a sudden im edging everything!!!

Last edited:
D

Dutch

Are you guys playing HUD off or minimum?

Holland just got absolutely mangled by South Africa. Short balls galore with the Saffers steaming in and crushing the Dutch defense: 78 all out in a 50 over match! needless to say the South Africans got their total in 12.3 overs for the loss of 1. Back to the drawing board.

There was consolation for the Dutch: after Steyn had spat at Nigel de Jong he floored him with a huge karate kick to the chest. Luckily the umpire, Webb, let him off with a warning!:p However things turned really nasty when Benn suddenly arrived on the scene throwing the patio chairs around.

bongplayer

School Cricketer
Are you guys playing HUD off or minimum?
There was consolation for the Dutch: after Steyn had spat at Nigel de Jong he floored him with a huge karate kick to the chest. Luckily the umpire, Webb, let him off with a warning!:p However things turned really nasty when Benn suddenly arrived on the scene throwing the patio chairs around.

LMAO! Gotta love the Oranje!

Dude, on a side note how is Dutch cricket? Popular enough?

I remember going for surgery/physiotherapy in Scheveningen. Looved the place!

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Well,

Pakistan 452 & 64-0 Beat South Africa 210 & 306 by 10 Wickets

Pretty Convincing stuff from Pakistan and looked in no trouble knocking off the 64 required for victory. After following on a bit of fight was shown by the Proteas reaching 300 but as never going to trouble the Pakistanis as they wrapped up the match early on Day 4.

Batting from them was very very good! A real challenge.

I upped all the Pakistan teams catching and there was only one dropped catch.

In total only 5 6's over the two innings were hit by them!

D

Dutch

LMAO! Gotta love the Oranje!

Dude, on a side note how is Dutch cricket? Popular enough?

I remember going for surgery/physiotherapy in Scheveningen. Looved the place!

Hopefully if the Netherlands can push on as a national team it will get more popular. I was astounded to read that Den Haag has had a cricket team since 1926!

I am now playing an Ashe series on hard. I am England. At lunch on day one Australia are 88 for 0 with Katich and Watson playing sensibly: strike rate of 48 and 42 respectfully.

I was pleased to see Watson very carefully defend and block the whole of the last over before lunch.

You really have to work and concentrate to keep things tight.

Only one chance: Prior dropped a very difficult half chance off Watson.

When I bought in Onions after a Broad/Anderson spell, who had bowled very tightly giving nothing away, Watson jumped at the chance and hit two fours and a single in quick succession. Onions steadied himself and found his line again and Watson was more watchful.

I love the way the ball sometimes curves with or against the spin when a batsman blocks it back.

I am very much liking this game and will even go as far as to say that it it is beating Cricket 04 and 05 in terms of test match game play at the moment.

Hope it lasts!

D

Dutch

Well England have clawed their way back into this match. At tea on the first day Aussie are 225 for 4. Onions and Swann both taking two wickets, all catches! Clarke and North have stepped on the gas a bit and going at a run a ball but the run rate overall is at a respectable 3.8 or so. I hope Aussie make it through the next session and put on a good total to chase!:)

At the clsoe of day one this is how things stand:

Australia (AI) made 348 off 85.4 0vers: net run-rate just over 4 an over.

M.North 83 off 89 balls (really pushed the tempo along beautifully in the middle of the innings!)
S. Watson 81 off 143 balls
M.Clarke 53 off 77 balls
S. Katich 53 off 115 balls

Pick of the English bowlers

Anderson 4 for 72 off 25.4
Swann 3 for 83 off 13.0 (expensive but crucial wickets!)
Onions 3 for 85 off 23.0

England survived a nervy final four overs to end the day 6 for the loss of no wicket.

What I loved was the fact that you could see the cloud building up during the final session and when I took the new ball after 81 overs the Aussie went defensive again for a while. But the new ball really cleaned the tail up nicely! Great days cricket and looking forwadr to tomorrows opening session!

Well I be dipped in doggy do and rolled in cat crap! Just went to load my game and I had obviously forgot to save it properly. I am now back to lunch on the first day!:facepalm

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread