How are you going in International Cricket 2010?

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Still playing on normal, this game is so much harder than ashes. Played 3 t20 games and won them all, not to easy but not to hard. Then i played a oneday game vs sa. I bowled first and had a ok start but i droped 2 catches. If you put there stats up and drop them they make you pay big time. They made 344 of 49.2 overs, i thought they would make 360+ but i played good in the last few overs. So i batted and i new it would be a hard game to win. I was 1 for 157 of 21 overs and looking like a easy game but then the ai got ponting out for 56 and then 5 overs later watson fell for 103 of 86 balls. In just 35 overs the ai bowled great and got me out for 210. If you are not careful this will happen a lot in ic2010. So know that i have been playing the game for almost 2 weeks i can say im very happy with the gameplay, sure the shots look bad and its still got some bugs but offline im very happy. Im hoping trickstar come on here soon and tell us some good news for oct time in aus, go aussie go.ps also have people seen how the ai will bowl lots of no balls in one game and not in the next. In that oneday game the ai bowled only 1 in 35 overs, the best i have seen in ic2010.:banana2

Watson33

Club Cricketer
I have now won the T20 world cup and am now just a 20 overs super league victory away from getting the platinum trophy :)

D

Dutch

I have now won the T20 world cup and am now just a 20 overs super league victory away from getting the platinum trophy :)

Well done! Is it just a slog-a-thon or also enjoyable cricket? I mean is it exciting with twists and turns or do you just win every game easily? I have only really played tests with this game....

Watson33

Club Cricketer
Well done! Is it just a slog-a-thon or also enjoyable cricket? I mean is it exciting with twists and turns or do you just win every game easily? I have only really played tests with this game....

T20 is alright tbf, I played it on hard and the AI were very quick to respond to a slight collapse by playing a bit more causiously, the openers are too agressive at times. Spinners are very effective in it, Swann got an 8-for in the one game, with Rashid getting the other two. But yeah, it's not a shadow on test cricket in IC2010, that for me is the ultimate, I just had to play T20 to get the tophy, lol :)

Hope that helps, Aidan.

Edit: Oh and btw, expect to get quick wickets early on in the game, the openers just try to 'moo' everything to cow corner so stick a guy at deep mid wicket and you will get tons of catches.

Double Edit:

Won my first 20 over super league game =D

Burn (me) 72/0 (5.4 overs) beat Aces 71 all out (12.3 overs)

M.Vigil 50*
A.Avey 22* (Custom player)

Murali 6-5 (4.0)
Morkel 4-30 (4.0)

Theres the result and the pick of the batters and bowlers in the game, comfortable win :)

Does anyone know if I have to play each team twice on the round robin stages??? Cheers

Last edited:

Gone4aDuck

International Coach
Yes. You play each team twice in group stage then a semi and the final.
Glad they didnt say you had to win it in hard mode!!

Gilly Fan

Chairman of Selectors
This game just got awesome.

I only made 178 so it was crucial that I got early wickets. I managed to snag Cook early for 12, however Strauss and Pieterson were able to hang in there and keep the runs tickets over. At 1/83 and their partnership starting to gather momemtum, the game changed. First it was an LBW appeal against Strauss from a Mitchell Johnson delivery. Going on to hit the stumps, Strauss was lucky to survive thanks to the ball hitting outside the line.

Next ball.

A full ball is driven upishly by Strauss, however it cannot be taken in the covers by Katich. I decided that despite previously bowling a maiden, Watson wasn't being dangerous enough to warrant staying on so I decided to bring Hauritz on. He started with immediate effect. 3rd ball he had Pietersen trying to whip him over the top of midwicket's head, however he mistimed the ball and was well caught by Katich who redeemed himself from his effort the previous over. 2/83. The South African is replaced by another South African in Trott. First ball Hauritz decides to toss the ball up outside off stump with a little bit of extra bite. Trott cannot help him self and goes after it, edging it to first slip in Watson who takes a simple catch. 3/83 and Hauritz is on a hattrick. Collingwood walks in looking as scared as a kid on his first date. The crowd is still in it's monotone sound, not getting any more excited. I guess it is Lords... Hauritz tossed the ball up, just like the previous ball trying to induce Collingwood into playing a shot. However Collingwood decided to leave the ball riskily and was able to survive. In Hauritz's next over, he could have had his 3rd if it wasn't for some poor keeping from Haddin who couldn't grasp the catch.

A hectic 5 overs came up after that. Johnson was steaming in from one end beating both batsmen's bats and looking brilliant. Hauritz turned into the messiah and had the ball on string. There were some strong LBW appeals, particularly from Johnson who was a bees dick away from a wicket. After a couple of overs of nervous batting, Collingwood finally fell to a Johnson slower ball and was caught at mid on by Ferguson.

At this very moment England are 4/107 and in quite a bit of trouble.

4/107
Strauss 57
Pietersen 21
Cook 12

Hauritz 2/18 (5)
Johnson 1/32 (10)
Hilfenhaus 1/27 (9)

I can take a few bugs here and there to sacrifice for some amazing gameplay like right now. It is just so fun. It feels like real cricket. How 2 players can look comfortable can become 3 guys back in the shed 5 overs later.

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
Just got my biggest score on normal, will go to hard soon. All out for 669 of 138.5 overs. I have never bat that long in a cricket game before. But if you hit to many full power shots then you will edge it and get out. So i was hoping the ai sa team would bat well and make 400+ in there first inn but they only made 180 in there first inn and 237 in there second. The ai is good in ic2010 but still needs some work. The tail is so bad and spinners are to good to use. With a little more work for the aus release they could have great ai. But maybe its my catching, i only droped 1 catch out of 13. Its so easy when you get use to it.:banana2:eek:

P

pcfan123

You are playing on normal, so you can't really judge the AI or the game based on those experiences. Especially the catching

Watson33

Club Cricketer
Seeing as I cannot be bothered to get the platinum trophy (I am suffering from T20 boredom!) I am going to start a test match on hard mode.

England (Me) vs Australia (AI)

Australia won the toss and elected to field:

Squads:

England: Strauss (Capt.), Cook, Trott, Pietersen, Bell, Collingwood, Avey (Custom player, WK.), Broad, Swann, Anderson, Onions.

Australia: Watson, Katich, Ponting (Capt.), Clarke, Hussey, North, Haddin, Johnson, Hauritz, Bollinger, Tait.

Eng 1/0 (0.3 overs)

Strauss 1*
Cook 0*

Bollinger 0.3-0-1-0

Bollinger getting some serious outswing, then I got a bit of luck, when I nicked one through the gap between 3rd slip and gully.

I'll keep you updated as I play the game more :)

Last edited:

Travis

School Cricketer
well firstly cause i cant be bothered with getting all the unlocks and let alone bowl lol i have started i think its a world cup 20 overs format with AUSTRALIA in hard mode.

I genarate the bowling and then try and make the score i have been set which is between 120-180 in a 20/20 game using nothing but the action cam! ( Not as easy as you think?) after finishing 1-1 in the first 2 games and making it in to the super 8's starting on the bottom, i came up against a south africa team who were 2-0

i won the toss and bowled and genarated the innings which they made 5/158 off there 20 over's

crusing as 1/78 off 8 over's i thought this was gonna be easy... but before i new it with a few tight overs and finding it hard to get the gaps' i found myself needing 58 off the last 6 over's
:eek: bugger where did all the time go?

anyway to cut it short needing 7 off the last over getting 8 off 5 balls and i won the game :)

rangersw12

Club Captain
I'm currently playing a test series against India in Sub Continent

Hard Mode minimal Hud

1st Test
S.A 475 1st Innings
India 425 1st Innings

S.A 2nd Innings 177
India 228 - 3 and won by 7 wickets

I didn't pick a 2nd spinner and also dropped a couple of catches which cost me

loving the game though