How are you going in International Cricket 2010?

Online Cricket Games Owned
Ok so I bowled with HUD off for the first session, and failed to take a wicket. Just after lunch I turned it back on (minimal). At the end of the day, England are 2/342. Cook is on 160 odd. Im Pakistan. Its been a very long day in the field. Playing at Lords on hard with no tweaking of stats at all.

Travis

School Cricketer
Just lost the semi final in my 20/20 to india they made 140 off there 20 overs which i simulated.. and then i went into bat.. remember this is with action cam i was bowled out for just 75 so i got kicked out!

so now i have started a world cup 50 overs in SOUTHAFRICA/ZIMBABWE, as the aussies and playing RSA in my first game they won the toss and batted and finished 3/292 off there full 50 overs.. once again this is simulating and now its my turn to bat with broadcast view now, hopefully i can do a litttle better with this view and get further then the 20/20 world cup in the WIndies

Gilly Fan

Chairman of Selectors
My last post England was 4/106 and the Ritz was tearing them apart.

Well Hauritz ended up with 6/65 and I bowled them out for 199. Strauss was top score with 90 (172).

Currently batting. Had a superb start with Katich and Watson putting on a first wicket stand of 78. Watson fell caught and bowled and Ponting fell first ball pull straight to the man at midwicket.

Hussey and Katich put on a partnership of 55 before Katich misjudged and left a delivery which swung back and bowled him.

The last wicket to fall was Hussey who edged a ball to slip tring to whip a ball off the middle stump onto the leg side.

Australia 176
England 199

Australia 4/151 (34 Overs)

Katich 68 (72)
Watson 37 (75)
Hussey 30 (43)

Broad 2/28 (7)
Onions 1/49 (12)
Anderson 1/48 (11)

Edit: Ferguson has just been undone by Broad from a superb piece of bowling. Top of off and nipping away, Ferguson pushed at it trying to block and was superbly caught by the keeper.

5/159 and with a lead of only 138, in a lot of trouble.

Gone4aDuck

International Coach
Ive blown the dust off this game now ive finished red dead and am going to give it a good go and try to get into it more. And ive done just that! I had a decent test on hard. Had to bat in broadcast view though.
Cape town.
1st innings
South africa (me) 111.4 overs 324
India (ai) 83 overs 359
2nd innings
South africa 209 57.3 overs :facepalm
India 175/1 53.4

Thats on hard with min hud for both.

Just cant do it with action cam. Bowling is fine, but battings a no no!!
Ive also found i had to up the stats too. I give the 6 main batsman on all teams full timing+shot presision+judgement stats. Makes it better. Even though somtimes very hard to get a wicket!! Anyone else find broadcast view better to bat with? And has anyone else upped the stats to make the ai batting better? Has worked wonders for me! :)

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
Yeah i up there stats to for batting,bowling, catching. Its harder but if you catch most of your catches then ai is not to harder to get out. I average about 200 for them for the first inns and they bat better in the second and average about 250. If you cannot catch then dont do this or the ai will kill you. If they get to 60+ they are hard to get out. Bowling in ic2010 is real good, im enjoying bowling for once. batting is still good but a little boring sometimes. The ai still go to harder to early most of the time in test matches. They should average 3 to 4 a overs not 4 to 5 but next year they can fix that.::banana2

Gone4aDuck

International Coach
It makes a difference if their chasing or batting first too i find. I got the openers out for around 15 - 20 in the first innings, but when they needed 175 to win they took their time and just played well and they got 106 before i took first wicket. On AC09 i dont think i ever conceeded 106 without taking at least 4 wickets. Even against the top top teams.

woodzy

Club Cricketer
what fields do you guys set when your getting slogged in ODI's? do you guys pitch the ball up on the stumps, bowl at a good length or dig it in short? screenshots would be awesome if possible. also are you guys good at catching?

Watson33

Club Cricketer
what fields do you guys set when your getting slogged in ODI's? do you guys pitch the ball up on the stumps, bowl at a good length or dig it in short? screenshots would be awesome if possible. also are you guys good at catching?

Im shocking at catching on hard mode, but thats because i'm not used to it yet. And as for field settings, I just tend to put Mid-on back and leave mid-off just on the edge of the ring. Then I have a deep mid-wicket & deep square leg, cover, deep extra, point, slip and fine leg inside the ring.

Basically I have:

Bowler
WK
Slip
Cover
Point
Deep extra
Deep square leg
Deep mid wicket
Deep mid on
Mid off
Short fine leg

That normally stops them slogging, but you have to bowl straight! Any width and they will cut you over point and away for 4 (Or 6!)

As we are on the topic of feild settings, can anyone give me a good field setting for Off-spin and Leg-spin?

Thanks.

Gone4aDuck

International Coach
Due to the strange way that AI can score from a pull shot off a yorker i dont worry to much about field settings. I just tend to place them about to limit singles. Im ok at catching.
But i do hate the bouncers on this game. You fire in a 95mph bouncer and they defend it on the front foot at pad height!! :facepalm :doh :facepalm
Bouncers were much better on AC09. Ive never given away or conceeded a single wide from a bouncer on this game.

Last edited:

Watson33

Club Cricketer
Bouncers only work on some pitches, like they wont work on about Day 3 and over on a Lords pitch for me. But in the sub-continent, they work like a dream!

Edit- Started a test on normal, as tests on hard we proving too hard for me (i spent about a month playing on easy to get trophies).

England (me) vs South Africa (AI)

They won the toss and chose to bat

SA 31/4 (12.0 overs)

G.Smythe not out 15 (43)
A.Pateson C. Trott B.Anderson 2 (18)
H.Abla B.Anderson 0 (1)
J.Kalis C.Trott B.Anderson 3 (11)
A.Devollear C.Trott B.Onions 0 (2)
A.Prance not out 3 (5)
M.Barcher
D.Stern
P.Horace
W.Parvel
M.Morkel

FOW:
1=15
2=15
3=25
4=27

Anderson 6.0-3-4-3
Onions 6.0-0-27-1

Last edited:

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
playing my first test on hard vs india. But a super india not the normal. I put there top 6 batsmen and there wk at 90+ and sachin is at 97. So they are all higher than there real players. I bowled first and its a lot harder than normal. I have put there stats down to there normal level now and will play that in the next few days. The catching is a lot harder and orange is still as bad as ashes. You have to get green or its a drop most of the time. After 115 overs india are 5 for 548 and are real annoying to get out. If you drop them they will make you pay. I bowl in the light green most of the time but sometimes its very hard to stop them hitting you all over the place. If they get over a 150 the only way i could get them out is to cheat a little. If you put all the fielders out on the edge and bowl short the ai wil try to hit you for a 4 or 6, like i said this is not very fun and they will score very fast but it works everytime. The ai in test on hard is a little slower than normal at the start but still hit to hard later on. I hope trickstar work on this in the near future.:facepalm:D

Gone4aDuck

International Coach
I did a comparison test with india. I bowled 4 innings at them. Without touching the stats on hard i bowled out india for 226 & 196.
Then i adjusted the stats for the top 6 main batsman. I then conceeded 321 & 412. So it goes to show it makes a big difference. Only thing is, if you do this you'll find 50 over and 20 over games near impossible. And even in test you need to have a couple of really good innings or you'll be destroyed!
But its the only way i could get a good test. So for me it was do this, or not play the game. As i only play tests, it wasnt really a problem for me.

Gone4aDuck added 2 Minutes and 58 Seconds later...

playing my first test on hard vs india. But a super india not the normal. I put there top 6 batsmen and there wk at 90+ and sachin is at 97. So they are all higher than there real players. I bowled first and its a lot harder than normal. I have put there stats down to there normal level now and will play that in the next few days. The catching is a lot harder and orange is still as bad as ashes. You have to get green or its a drop most of the time. After 115 overs india are 5 for 548 and are real annoying to get out. If you drop them they will make you pay. I bowl in the light green most of the time but sometimes its very hard to stop them hitting you all over the place. If they get over a 150 the only way i could get them out is to cheat a little. If you put all the fielders out on the edge and bowl short the ai wil try to hit you for a 4 or 6, like i said this is not very fun and they will score very fast but it works everytime. The ai in test on hard is a little slower than normal at the start but still hit to hard later on. I hope trickstar work on this in the near future.:facepalm:D

Were you playing hud off on hard when you conceeded 548/5?

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
NO just min hud and i loved the challage and hated it to. I droped 7 catches to but 4 of them was in the orange. The aus should have had them out for about 400 to 450. I read somewhere if you bowl at the stumps about middle stump and almost full then the runrate will slow down. Not yorker of course and i can say this did work, i only got a couple of wickets but the runrate feel down half a mark. I now have india stats for batting at 85% to 88%. Only sachin and laxman are higher, sachin 93 and laxman 90. That sounds right. Have not tried oneday or T20 on hard yet. I will post them a different time.ps like i said before trickstar have done a good job on the ai in this game but not great. If they tweak the batting and bowling a little then they will be done, fielding needs the most work. I hope trickstar tell us soon if the aus release will have some tweaks to the gameplay. time will tell.:banana2:noway

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Finally got the game :banana2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is a really silly bug that is annoying me. The batsman (on random balls) chooses not to get into position. He doesn't get into his stance so when the ball comes, his bat is still facing towards the sky. I usually handle them pretty well, but there's not much I can do against a Doug Bollinger yorker.

woodzy

Club Cricketer
Finally got the game :banana2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is a really silly bug that is annoying me. The batsman (on random balls) chooses not to get into position. He doesn't get into his stance so when the ball comes, his bat is still facing towards the sky. I usually handle them pretty well, but there's not much I can do against a Doug Bollinger yorker.
Never experienced that. The only one i get is that a fielder randomly appears mid-pitch right before the ball is bowled. Also (and this has only happened once) but when i bowled a perfect ball the batsman disappeared and then re appeared a second doing the animation of playing the ball...he was bowled...just as the ball was spinning in between bat and pad was when he disappeared. Do other people get these weird little bugs that happen randomly?

Users who are viewing this thread