[PC CD-ROM] Microsoft Works

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I have been thinking about buying Microsoft Works, because my computer didn't come with it when I bought it in December 2004.

This program gives you Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Powerpoint and Microsoft Publisher.

Would other members recommend this and suggest where I could buy it from?

Thanks

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I have Microsoft Office, I think the Mircosoft range is pretty much accepted as the standard.

M.Di Venuto

Club Cricketer
SkateBoarder2 said:
I have been thinking about buying Microsoft Works, because my computer didn't come with it when I bought it in December 2004.

This program gives you Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Powerpoint and Microsoft Publisher.

Would other members recommend this and suggest where I could buy it from?

Thanks

hang on... you said you were thinking of buying microsoft works? and then you said because it comes with word, excel, powerpoint and publisher? i may have misunderstood but i want to make sure that u know that works doesnt come with those programs. it is simply a word processor, like microsoft word. if you want word, excel, powerpoint and publisher you have to buy microsoft office. and if you buy the xp version, it wont come with publisher, you have to buy that seperately.

rashaba16

Club Cricketer
Buy Microsoft Office XP and Microsoft Office XP Publisher. I have both. Microsoft Word doesn't come with Microsoft Works. Access, Excel, FrontPage, Outlook, Powerpoint, Publisher and Word. Then there is also the Photo Editor, Clipart and Scanning feature. Its great.

Ronan_UK

Club Cricketer
Works - The spreadsheet and word processor does it for me, I don't really notice a special/noticable difference otherwise.

Nauman

php monkey
I would not recomend Microsoft Office, instead download Open Office it is open source, developing really fast and will be on par with Microsoft Office very soon, it is a project my Sun Microsystems so you can bet on the fact that development will continue, here is the main site http://www.openoffice.org/

themuel1

International Coach
I'm glad that Office came with my comp.....it's quite expensive!

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I tried OpenOffice, thanks. But now I've got Microsoft Office 2000! Hooray!

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
I remember using Microsoft works a decade ago. It has really developed to much and definitely isn't a big hit compared with Word. I would go for the office package as it gives you everything you could wish for.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Powerpoint is really useful, I use it to help my Dad with his computer lessons!

vibs89

School Cricketer
Well I have Microsoft Office 2003. Which is very complicated to me. I rather use Microsoft Office 2002 then using 2003.

Users who are viewing this thread