CSK- is it violation of code?

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
We all know that Chennai Super Kings have won the Champions league T20. But an unnoticed part of it is that they've included 6 overseas players.

So, is it that can an IPL team use 6 of their overseas players in a 15 man squad?
When we look at past, we have had 6 teams in Champions leagues till now (2009 edition and 2010 edition).

Squads of CLT20, 2009:
Deccan Chargers played with 5 overseas players.(link)
Royal Challengers Bangalore played with 5 overseas players.(link)
Delhi Daredevils played with 4 overseas players.(link)

Squads of CLT20, 2010:
Chennai Super Kings played with 6 overseas players.(link)
Mumbai indians played with 5 overseas players.(link)
Royal Challengers Bangalore played with 5 overseas players. (link).

Is it a violation of rule or its just that other teams din't have enough overseas players available?
Similar example which I want to quote in this context is mid season trade during IPL III of Doug Bollinger instead of Jacob Oram, who was injured. Why din't other teams din't use this mid season trade when their players were injured?
I just wanted to know more details about these two incidents, which favored towards CSK a lot.
Can we say CSK have rules biased for them just because one of their owner is the then SECRETARY of BCCI?
Your views on this please.

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
What? Was there any rule on the number of foreign players in a 15 man squad?

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
I searched for it, I din't find any. But I strongly believe that there was some rule which might have made the other teams take only 5.

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
No, I don't think so. They did play only 4 foreigners in their side, isn't it? I don't find any violation. And, it is now over and you should get over it.

Akash00

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Other teams played only 4-5 foreigners because the rest foreigners were either busy or injured or weren't picked just because of form.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
The only rule I know of is that you can only play 4 foreign players in the final XI of any match. Apart from that, you can have as many foreigners in your team as long as your purse supports it. Or atleast you can definitely have more than 6 foreign players for sure. CSK broke no rule.

Akash00

Panel of Selectors
Similar example which I want to quote in this context is mid season trade during IPL III of Doug Bollinger instead of Jacob Oram, who was injured. Why din't other teams din't use this mid season trade when their players were injured?
Because he was injured before the tounament started and that opened up a slot for CSK to buy a new player.

There is no point in digging up old things that everyone know that they are not prohibited!

KBC

Panel of Selectors
An IPL team of 30 member squad has a ratio of 10 foreign nationals and the rest, Indians. So the latter isn't looked as to how many 'foreign players' you have but how many 'foreign nationals' the team has got.

I think it's a fair game. I've heard they're expanding the limit, also, I guess. Despite the call of 'Indian premier league', there is a little sickness in everybody's heart to see more foreign people playing in the league.

Users who are viewing this thread