Planet Cricket Rockers 2005/06 Season - Fantasy Thread

nightprowler10

Executive member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Introduction:

This thread will be dedicated to all news and information regarding Fantasy Cricket games for Planet Cricket Rockers (PCR). Any questions that you may have will be answered in this thread as well. Just remember that this thread is for PCR's Fantasy Cricket ONLY. If you would like to join PCR as a selector, manager, or a player, please visit the following link:

-------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/showthread.php?t=12375

The first series that the PCR will be playing is against Bangladesh. If you would like to follow this series please visit this link:

http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/showthread.php?t=14075

How Fantasy Cricket works:

Every time an ODI series/tournament (PCR don't have test status as of yet) is announced by the PCR management, I will create a Fantasy game for that tourney with enough time for people to register their teams. I will post a direct link to the tourney or one can visit the following link to look for FC games that are accepting new managers:

-------------------------------------------------------
http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/fantasy-cricket.php
-------------------------------------------------------

Once I have created a Fantasy game, any Planet Cricket member can register a new team by choosing your playing XI, six reserves, and a captain and bonus players (any player can be your team's captain). This team will consist of your favorite players from the squads of all the teams that are participating in the tourney.

Unfortunately, once you have created your team, you cannot make any changes, this is a bug the Admins are working on. Also, your reserves won't do you any good since we can't seem to use this feature, so choose your playing XI wisely. This is another bug the Admins are working on.

In any other Fantasy Cricket game, it is very simple to pick your players and make a team. But for PCR games, it will be a bit more complicated. When I create a game, I have a list of all players to choose from, a list that includes most cricketers that play cricket on an international level. Since the PCR squad doesn't include any of these cricketers, it would be impossible for me to put these players in an FC game. Thus, I will have to make name substitutions. This means that the PCR players will be renamed for every series or tournament, and there 'fake' names will be posted in this thread when I create a new game.

For example, I am a Medium-Fast Bowler who can bat at times, so I will be renamed Naved-ul-Hasan for the upcoming ODI series. Briggsey is an all-rounder, so he will be renamed Andrew Flintoff. These names do NOT have any effect on the actual players' ability nor do they reflect anything of that sort. The PCR squad for the upcoming series will be posted in the next post along with the name substitutions. I am still waiting for the finalized Bangali squad list, once I recieve this I will make PCR's first Fantasy game.

Winners:

Once the series is over, winners will be announced. The top three in the manager rankings at the end of the series will be rewarded with vCash.

Here is the PCR Squad and their 'fake names'.

1: JK16.4 - Greame Smith
2: Das Vicky - Virender Sehwag
3: KelvinIsMyName - Jaques Kallis
4: RabbitohRob - Adam Gilchrist
5: MWaugh - Daniel Vettori
6: Sunil Ojha - Inzamam-ul-Haq
7: No Remorse - Yousuf Youhana
8: Briggsey - Andrew Flintoff
9: FreddieFan - Shoaib Akhtar
10: Neon - Shoaib Malik
11: M.Bala - Brian Lara
12: S_Harmison - Mahendra Dhoni
13: Wild Wil - Kamran Akmal
14: Sid 19480 - Rahul Dravid
15: Turbinator - Ricky Ponting
16: NightProwler - Naved-ul-Hasan
17: Pak.Cric - Abdul Razzaq

Last edited:

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
You guys are playing imaginary games on Cricket 2005 :laugh But since there are 17 players, wouldn't it be better to add four more persons and then play against each other in a series or so?

Anyway good luck.

jdbais

International Cricketer
There are enough international matches/series going around without needing to resort to fictional matches.

I thought fantasy cricket was designed for real life matches and I think it should stay that way. It's a shame it has come to this. It comes down to complete luck. You may as well have a lottery or something and handout vcash as prizes.

Just out of pure interest, am I the only one who has this view?

Briggsey

International Coach
Its only a bit of fun, calm down mate.

Also, there seems to be a boat load of Bangladesh players missing from the player lists, for example I dont see Al Sahariar or Hannan Sarkar in those lists and they are playing in the games.

nightprowler10

Executive member
Briggsey said:
Also, there seems to be a boat load of Bangladesh players missing from the player lists, for example I dont see Al Sahariar or Hannan Sarkar in those lists and they are playing in the games.
I can only include the Bangali players that were available in the roster list.

To all who are opposed to this idea, this was done with the consent of an Admin, so if you are against this idea, write to the Admins and let them know. If they feel you are right, they should let me know and I shall delete the FC game I had created for the PCR matches.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
If you guys aren't happy with it just ignore it. I'll play any game where I can get more vCash :D

nightprowler10

Executive member
aussie1st said:
If you guys aren't happy with it just ignore it. I'll play any game where I can get more vCash :D
That's right, money is money. :D
The first match is starting into the second inning soon, so expect something by next week on the second ODI.

Users who are viewing this thread