Zulqy found in UK, announces retirement

IanG

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Maybe Geoff Lawson was onto something when he said in an interview that they may not necessarily doing it for financial greed and are doing it under threat.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Pakistani cricketers are cheats by nature. There are about 2 or 3 exceptions.

Stupid statement really. There are good and bad people everywhere. India have had their share of match fixers. Azharuddin, Jadeja, Prabhakar and Kapil dev have all been accused/fined/banned. That does not mean Indian cricketers are cheat by nature :facepalm. The problem with Pakistan is the lack of accountability in the whole damn system. Its much bigger than cricket tbh.

Varun

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The only problem for them would be the consistent death threats. Even if they don't want to, they would have to fix matches then.
And probably they all lack the balls to say/flee from cricket just like Haider did (which was indeed a good decision).

Papa_Smurf

International Cricketer
I didn't know he had a wife and kids - must be awful just waiting for their safety :( I hope he does blow the whistle, but only once he knows his family is afe. By the sounds of that article, they might not be.

Wish him all the best - he might not have done things accordingly, but you have got to commend him for his bravery :yes Just the sort of captain Pak needs atm.

King Cricket

International Coach
It'll be extremely difficult for Zulqarnain to brave concerns regarding the security of his family and reveal names, especially after the threats they have received today.

Even Mohammad Aamer promised to be the whistleblower a few weeks back, but as of now, we haven't heard a word from him with regard to the match-fixing scandal.

Don't forget that the antagonists in this case are rich and viciously powerful, and they'll pull out all stops to prevent someone from making their names public. I'd be rather surprised if this guy doesn't renege on his word and actually goes on to blow the lid off the wrongdoings.

P

pcfan123

You can't be a whistle blower if you are caught in the act (talking about Aamer), if he had come forward before getting caught its a different story.

I can't wait till this is all resolved, and this time the "life" bans need to come from the ICC, not the PCB/

Users who are viewing this thread