England ODI and T20 Squads

War

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Seen him play several times at domestic level to say he just looks average. Though, you're right, you can't base someone on one series, but I'm not.

OK. Fair enough if you think based on what you have seen of him in domestic cricket he looked averaged.

Id admit over the years i have not seen mmuch of him or had taken great notice of him.

But to me he seems like a bit of late bloomer.

Sureshot

Executive member
For T20, go for him. ODI's, I just think you need a bit more, substance.

In fact, I think (though I honestly don't see the selectors picking him unless he has a really shining summer) we should have already given him a chance in T20s, then base it from there. He does take wickets, but he's also struck me as someone who can (and will) go for a few.

T20 has done loads for his career, which is great. Whether he can take the step from domestic star player in one format, to an international bowler in ODIs is another. I suppose in reality we wouldn't know till we saw him.

RoboRocks

Chairman of Selectors
I feel for Lumb actually. He did his job in the T20 WC, which was to get the team off to a flying start. England, I think, were the side who averaged the most runs in the power-plays.

He should get another shot really at some point.

War

Chairman of Selectors
For T20, go for him. ODI's, I just think you need a bit more, substance.

In fact, I think (though I honestly don't see the selectors picking him unless he has a really shining summer) we should have already given him a chance in T20s, then base it from there. He does take wickets, but he's also struck me as someone who can (and will) go for a few.

T20 has done loads for his career, which is great. Whether he can take the step from domestic star player in one format, to an international bowler in ODIs is another. I suppose in reality we wouldn't know till we saw him.

Ye i was only advocating for Lumb to be in the T20 squad leg for this tour.

Has to do something super significant next domestic season, improve his T20 batting (if picked again soon) along with the current ODI pair failing drastically for him to get into the ODI set-up.

Users who are viewing this thread