Umpire of the tournament!

Addy

National Board President
Aleem dar is the only umpire in this world cup to have no decision overturned/reversed - 100% Correct decisions.
Fabulous Stuff Aleem Dar! Proud of you!

203573_110777609004674_1449071_n.jpg

Aleem Sarwar Dar (born June 6, 1968 in Jhang, Punjab) is a retired Pakistani first-class cricketer and a member of the ICC Elite umpire panel. He won two consecutive ICC Umpire of the Year awards 2009 and 2010, after being nominated twice in 2005 and 2006. Aleem Dar and Simon Taufel are the only umpires to have received the award since its inception. He has played for Allied Bank, Gujranwala Cricket Association, Lahore, and Pakistan Railways as a right-handed batsman and a leg-break bowler. Since his retirement as a player, he has gained prominence as one of the leading umpires in international cricket. He was educated at Islamia College, Civil Lines, Lahore

1iram1

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Congratulations Aleem Dar. Easily the best umpire this WC.:clap

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
I think the umpiring in general was pretty good. During the semi, they flashed the stats and something like 21% of decisions had been overturned.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
If you count out Asoka de Silva's decisions it's even better.

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
All the umpires were superb, but I think Aleem Dar was the under-stated one. Everybody was focussing on Simon Taufel but it's good to know that the subcontinent can produce equally good umpires. :yes

Addy

National Board President
Not to forget Steve Davis. He was awesome as well

Addy

National Board President
taufel had couple of wrong decisions side by his name. & I don't think you people will forget that clear run of smith of windies against India, which taufel did not feel to refer to third umpire, and he [smith] went on to make 70 odd runs.

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
I am still waiting for an Indian umpire of the stature and calibre of Srinivas Venkataraghavan. Too bad we haven't got any at the moment who can be called top notch. There are some good ones going around at the moment, but I don't think they can match up to the best currently.

Users who are viewing this thread