Game Screens

MS Dhoni

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Mine will take time as I had virus in my computer and I have just fixes it. I still need to install Maya 09 again and then I will continue.

@issue going on over talking sense or nonsense- I am not going to argue anymore. No one here has exact idea how to do the animating crowd. My idea to use .gif image was an educated guess and not a guess out of nothing. Please LM, next time, read my posts again. You see my behavior improved alot so don't make me go back to the old one and I am sure people know this time who started this.

naresh091

International Cricketer
TBH anyone who had used creation master for fifa or has seen the stadium files in cricket07 would know about the sequence of pngs idea.I havent seen any game(in what I've seen) using GIF.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
With gif images, you need to write supporting code to animate them in game. A gif doesn't animate on its own, so what you are left with is a 255 colour limitation, no semi-transparency (which is needed), and no animation.

If you add them as a texture directly (instead of just texturing somewhere for them to sit), it will be flattened when you export the model's textures, and you'll just have the first frame. Just like how when editing Cricket 07, if you import a gif, it gets turned into a bmp of the first frame.

And if you are having to write code, you may as well use something more advanced than a gif. If you don't want hundreds of files with frames of animation, implementing ANG (Animated PNG essentially) would be just as easy as implementing GIF. Might make the game more difficult to edit, as not many programs can deal with ANG images, but saves making up a proprietary container for all of them (by including them in the one file, they can be saved as the difference between the previous frame, saving space on the disc compared with the complete image for each frame).

For me, the best implementations would be to make it a flat crowd (a snapshot of the 3d crowd), that animates in 3d when you actually are close enough to see detail. You don't need slight bobbing up and down animation while you are bowling, but if you cut to a shot of the crowd, you can render that nicely (in times when you aren't focused on making things as smooth as possible).

The crowd isn't dancing all the time and can be distracting if it is.

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Pretty cool screen shots. What I most like is the bat model as it the most realistic bat model I have seen in cricket games.

venkniralac

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
awesome if the teams are licensed it will be icing on the cake with cherry for those who buy thegame

Users who are viewing this thread