Zimbabwe tour of New Zealand Jan-Feb 2011/12

jacobfelix

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Yeah. Even I would have loved to see Zimbabwe win this one after posting a total which you can never imagine them to. Masakadza ruined it though. Cant help..they dont have bowlers like Streak to bowl some real good overs in the death.

However, this match should be an eye-opener for other teams who think that they can go in with 2nd/3rd string players :D against Zimbabwe....but they are inconsistent though....:rolleyes might take a long time for them to repeat this act.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
We just got outta jail with that win... Zimbabwe really should have won that, had they (again) held their catches they most likely would have. Williamson had a nice cameo at the end, Kid is getting more confident which is good for NZ, he's got a bit of "Fleming" in him I reckon. Looks the part.

Rob Nicol again proves why he should be in the team for ALL formats, including tests. So versatile. Great player...

Will be very interesting to see how these new guys fare against the likes of South Africa.

Chewie

BCCI President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I don't really agree about Rob Nicol. All 6 of his ODIs have been against Zimbabwe and more than half his T20s have been too. He really needs to score against South Africa to prove that he should definitely be in the team.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
....you do know he's been topping domestic cricket stats for about three seasons now, yeah? True, Zimbabwe is not really a decent indicator, but come on... guy oozes talent and class. Is handy with the ball and dangerous with the bat. He's sorely underrated by the NZ Public as well as being a vastly superior and more capable opener than Billy Mac is.

I see a lot of Crowe in Nicol. Mark my words, guy is the future of the BlackCaps. Between he and Williamson, you're looking at genuine World Beaters in a couple of years.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Nicol should be a permanent fixture in both our ODI and T20I teams, but I can't see any room for him in our test team.

I'm pretty confident about our chances in the T20I World Cup. Take that match the other night, yes it was only against a very poor Zimbabwean bowling attack, but chasing 200 without four first choice batsmen is a big achievement (Taylor, Guptill, Ryder, Brownlie). Also I think our bowling attack is building up quite nicely as well. Yes I know they just got 200 put on them by Zimbabwe, but I think the balance and amount of options that are there atm are real assets to have heading into Sri Lankan conditions.

Chewie

BCCI President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I also don't think Brownlie should be first choice in limited overs cricket either.

Owzat

International Coach
Yeah. Even I would have loved to see Zimbabwe win this one after posting a total which you can never imagine them to. Masakadza ruined it though. Cant help..they dont have bowlers like Streak to bowl some real good overs in the death.

However, this match should be an eye-opener for other teams who think that they can go in with 2nd/3rd string players :D against Zimbabwe....but they are inconsistent though....:rolleyes might take a long time for them to repeat this act.

Or maybe all it confirms is that the zimmers and bangles are behind windies who are a little behind the kiwis who are quite some way behind the rest.

Users who are viewing this thread