ICC future features

deej3005

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I just realised that the spin directions are wrong for left-arm spinners (I think they're fine for right-armers).

Slow left-armers spin the ball from off to leg (according to the ball-tracker) but it should be the opposite-from leg to off.

Left-arm chinamen probably spin it from leg to off then (can't confirm this but obviously it would also be wrong).

Surely this shouldn't be that hard to correct, you would expect them to be able to get it right, although I'm playing ICC 2010 it's possible that it has been corrected in ICC 2011, does anybody know?

6ry4nj

International Coach
I just realised that the spin directions are wrong for left-arm spinners (I think they're fine for right-armers).

Slow left-armers spin the ball from off to leg (according to the ball-tracker) but it should be the opposite-from leg to off.

Left-arm chinamen probably spin it from leg to off then (can't confirm this but obviously it would also be wrong).

Surely this shouldn't be that hard to correct, you would expect them to be able to get it right, although I'm playing ICC 2010 it's possible that it has been corrected in ICC 2011, does anybody know?

This is given in the first post of the "Bug Reports" thread on the ICC2011 website (Childish Things) under the heading "Fix List"

Fixed ball spin direction for LH bowler RH batsman etc.

In the context, they are claiming to have fixed this in ICC11. You'd have to trial it (using a team that had all four kinds of spinners) to see if the problem is totally fixed.

Of course when I say "totally" I'm neglecting the associated problem with googlies, doosras, carrom balls and other specialties which don't spin like a stock ball.

dajesmac

Club Captain
Classic Matches need to be introduced, being dropped into a situation. Perhaps something like, Australia has been bowled out for 98 on the opening session of the Boxing Day test, save the match etc. Or South Africa has been bowled out for 90-odd against Australia, in real life they bowled Australia out for 47 and won, repeat history (as in win the match, not bowl them out for 47 lol). Tryijng to chase down the 434 in a one dayer could be the hardest Classic Match perhaps.

Stuff like that.

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I'd quite like to see decent University teams, the players from which go into the Youth draft the following season. Occasionally, you might even get a player so badass that he gets picked up by England while still at Uni.

Also, an ability to sign free agents to my team from the "all players" screen, and an ability to sort them by nationality.

Would just like to bring this one back up - what do you think?

vorgaphe

Club Cricketer
When is ICC 2012 being released ? Btw the first screen shots of CC 2012 have been released and it looks pretty good.

Users who are viewing this thread