City of Steam (In-development Browser MMORPG)

CoSEthan

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
First off, my personal thanks go out to aussie1st, without his consent, I wouldn't have started this topic.

Let me introduce myself, I'm Ethan and I work for a small games developer, Mechanist Games. We're working on our debut title, City of Steam, a browser-based MMO heading to Open Beta.

To those that don't know what City of Steam is (no surprise, we're a small team, so getting widespread recognition is relatively harder for us). It's a browser-based MMORPG featuring a mix of industrial fantasy and steampunk elements, lightweight enough to play smoothly on even non-gaming computers and accessible straight from your browser. Even then, thanks to Unity 3D and a lot of in-house tools, we've managed to still make it look quite impressive,and all stored in but a few megabytes. Here is a quick look at the world CoS based off.

TheWorldMachine.jpg

For a better picture of the game, check our latest Closed Beta Trailer, a lot has changed and improved since then, but it can still give a good idea for what we plan to make of our game:

City of Steam Closed Beta Trailer - YouTube

Edit:

Hey guys, City of Steam is now open and ready to play! All of you can join the game just by registering. Go here and start your journey into Nexus right now!

Thanks to your continuous support of our game, City of Steam has finally been approved on Valve's Greenlight approval system. We are thankful for everyone who voted for us and who spread the word! If you want to know more, you can find the full announcement here: City of Steam going full steam ahead on Steam. Steam, steam, steam! City of Steam Official Website

We may be small, but we're very receptive to player feedback too, and strive to openly discuss the development process. Feel free to drop me a line and I'll respond to any questions you may have!

Last edited:

Anish.

Panel of Selectors
I read the first part . Seems fascinating enough for me to play :) . Best of luck Ethan :thumbs

CoSEthan

School Cricketer
I read the first part . Seems fascinating enough for me to play :) . Best of luck Ethan :thumbs
Cool, now we're moving smoothly towards Open Beta (stay tuned for forthcoming updates), and I do look forward to meeting you in game soon. :)

CoSEthan

School Cricketer
We?ve recently put up a dev journal about a new feature, the Wilderness, which is a public instance where many players can be in at once. Please check more details through the following link if interested: City of Steam Official Website :P

Last edited:

Villain

ICC Board Member
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Looks really nice.Well done and good luck mate.:thumbs

CoSEthan

School Cricketer
Thanks to brilliant support from the players, City of Steam finally achieved its greenlight success, check the full announcement for more details.

Users who are viewing this thread