Spot Fixing Scandal Thread: The Legend Continues

sattar

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
I think he was charged of fixing allegation and he is banned and to be honest we dont want like him to be in team.M Aamir was the biggest miss in that 3 but if you are culprit then thankyou your good at home btw bowling is still doing well so not missing that much but really it should have connection with background look afridi he was being offered to do the same but nation come first then money i think these 3 guys are good at their home and we dont want fixers in team btw i have simphaty with aamir like some other but your not 2 year kid who dont knw what is right or what is wrong

Owzat

International Coach
Finally Salman Butt has officially confirmed his involvement in fixing.

Pakistan Cricket News: Salman Butt admits to fixing, apologises | ESPN Cricinfo

It sickens me that he denied it, now confirms he was involved. Pathetic, any team offering him a way back into cricket should be ashamed and probably investigated for fixing.

Butt, however, said: "These are just allegations. Anybody can stand up and say things about you ? it doesn't make them true.

Pakistan captain Salman Butt denies any wrongdoing over 'spot-fixing' | Sport | guardian.co.uk

And if anyone has forgotten how blatant the no-balls were

Pakistan match-fixing trial: Salman Butt and Mohammad Asif found guilty | Mail Online

Butt and Asif vehemently denied any wrongdoing but a cricket statistician estimated the chances of the no-balls taking place by chance as 1.5million to one.

No way should he ever be allowed to play cricket again, he's sullied the name of cricket for a quick buck and when caught he just tried to lie his way out of it. If he'd come clean to start with I might concede a lighter sentence might be appropriate.

cricket_icon

International Cricketer
The spot fixing saga did one good thing, it opened the eyes of the ICC to a problem right under their nose and with recent problems in India, many more players should be investigated. Cricket already suffers due to a limited audience, weather, a dwindling fan base outside of England, Australia, India. Dishonesty and fixing ads salt to the wound.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Look like Aamir is getting a reprieve and will be allowed to use PCB facilities for training and stuff. I wonder why PCB is so intent on having Aamir Back, Our batting is where the problem lies. The bowling as usual is pretty solid.

Owzat

International Coach
I will repeat what I've said before, the bookies want to take people's money then they should suffer the consequences of offering odds on when no balls are bowled, wickets fall, how many runs are scored and the like.

It's pretty inevitable that players who don't make as much as more popular sports worldwide will be tempted by gamblers looking to get guaranteed returns.

As the saying goes, you live by the sword you die by the sword.

As for it being a "good thing" being exposed, they are well aware it's been going on for years and prefer to pretend it doesn't as much as they can. I doubt you will stop it outright, short of paying cricketers silly money so what they get off gamblers is a pittance/not worth it.

The truly good thing is that this couldn't be covered up, and so their hand was forced into doing something. It's not always that clear cut, that it was a set up and it was known when the no balls were going to happen was somewhat of an advantage you don't have when it's for real.

Users who are viewing this thread