Bangladesh Domestic Season

Fenil

PC Cricket Leagues Legend
Rangpur Riders? Nah, Dhaka's locals are much better than theirs. Of Rangpur's locals, only Nasir, Razzak and Junaid are worth mentioning. Whereas Dhaka has the likes of Shakib, Mashrafe, Mosharraf and Anamul, the latter two performing quite well in the domestic competitions. Ashraful had a decent run last season and is in the squad too.
As for the foreign players in Rangpur, I only saw Fidel Edwards and Kevin O'Brien play. Didn't ever hear of the others. Dhaka, however, has the services of Luke Wright, Owais Shah, Tillakaratne Dilshan and Lasith Malinga. Dhaka, therefore, looks like a much stronger side.

I see. Dhaka has excellent overseas recruits, must say. Its Ashraful still good enough for T20 cricket? His style is pretty much like a conventional test match or 90s' one day cricketer. I've heard of Anamul but not sure of Mosharraf.

Fenil

PC Cricket Leagues Legend
Just hovered over his profile. He can bat a bit too in tuk tuk style. At 31, it will be tough for him to get into the side filled with excellent left arm spinners, no doubt. One more bad thing for him is that unlike the old days when Bangladesh used to lack good pacers had to depend on their spinners (Razzak, Rafique and Shakib), today Bangladesh seem to have decent young quicker bowlers in Shahadat Hossain and others which minimizes the chances for Mosharraf to make a comeback at the international arena.

1iram1

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Confirmed: No Pakistani players in BPL.
We had this coming, ever since that written commitment was made.

I feel bad for those Pakistani players, not allowed to play both IPL and BPL. On the plus side they got some good replacements for those players and our youngsters might get more chances.

----------

Bangladesh seem to have decent young quicker bowlers in Shahadat Hossain and others

Pace bowling stocks in Bangladesh are thin plus Shahadat is crap. I still remember his last over in the Asia cup final :facepalm. Nazmul Hossain, who IMO is the best pacer in Bangladesh, continues to get overlooked and when he gets picked, doesn't bowl his full quota despite being the best bowler. He recently lost his contract as well.

CremerCurrans

ICC Chairman
SA.....
ZIM...
Profile Flag
Zimbabwe
Great effort from Chigumbura last night, should get his confidence up a bit. Been struggling lately.

Found out today that Coventry is joining the BPL. He'll be handy if he middles a few early. :)

S

Satan666

I feel bad for those Pakistani players, not allowed to play both IPL and BPL. On the plus side they got some good replacements for those players and our youngsters might get more chances.

Funnily enough the Bangladeshi Board seems to be the reason since the PCB initially refused the NOC's due to prior interference by the BCB engaging dialogues with the Pakistani players directly, not sure but I am thinking the strong socio-economic ties between Bangladesh and the Indians may be the reason for this diabolic scheme of preventing the Pakistani players from playing in the BPL.

Users who are viewing this thread