FOOTBALL Pro Evolution Soccer 2014

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
As Umair said , it's ----y as always. :thumbs

What about the edit mode and BaL? BaL was good back in the olden days, hoping that it still has that feel good factor with it.

Sulaiman7

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
Pakistan
What about the edit mode and BaL? BaL was good back in the olden days, hoping that it still has that feel good factor with it.

The lob passing is easier and connects very well with the ones who are having the lob passing 85+. Some new skills are there and heel passing has been improved.

----------

The replays have been messed up.

----------

New camera angles make it look and make it being played in a better way.

----------

The set piece system has been ruined. :(

bumbisoft

International Coach
I played the demo on my PS3 and just played the PC full version. The gameplay in PS3 for some reason seems superior

Ohm

User Title Purchaser
Got PES 14. Installed the game. Tried to run the game. Showing graphics card error. I have Intel 4000 HD graphics. Approximately memory 1360 MB. Not working. :p I'm going with FIFA 14 this year. :(

Bluehaze

Club Captain
I managed to play a few games on PES 2014 for the PC. I actually seem to enjoy it compared to FIFA. This is coming from someone who has the last 4 FIFAs. Yes, the licensing is a major issue, but the modders out there do a great job to counter what is missing and fill up bits and pieces of it very well. Since they released the official PES 2014 patch 1.01, it has tweaked the game play a little, but they should also be releasing patch 1.02 soon.

The only thing i need to get use to is the advance shooting, which i seem to be absolutely poop at!

Villain

ICC Board Member
India
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Been playing this with my brother,offline using game controllers for PC.Against each other(RM-my favorite FCB-his favorite :D).Enjoy playing more than any other game,all that matters.
Enhanced my gaming experience with this by connecting my laptop to the LCD in 1080p(using HDMI),max settings.Stunned.

Bluehaze

Club Captain
The annoying thing I have noticed is the sudden frame rate drop during cut scenes. Apart from that I just need to get use to the gameplay.

Bluehaze

Club Captain
I'm still struggling with the advanced shooting method in PES. Managed to miss a couple of open goals with it!

bumbisoft

International Coach
Only good about PES 14 is the gameplay & graphics.imo:thumbs.

Only = some, right so in a game gameplay and graphics are only some things which is important. So more than gameplay other things matter much to you?

Last edited:

Sulaiman7

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I'm still struggling with the advanced shooting method in PES. Managed to miss a couple of open goals with it!

Yep , me too. Even some clinical finishers like Messi , CR7 & Imbrahimovic can now miss one on one goals.

Villain

ICC Board Member
India
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Managed to defeat teams like FCB in superstar difficulty,but again with auto/basic passing/shooting.Will be trying out the other advanced system,once I'm done with my exams.

----------

Only good about PES 14 is the gameplay & graphics.imo:thumbs.
Nothing more you need in a video game,IMO.

Bevab

Staff Member
Only = some, right so in a game gameplay and graphics are only some things which is important. So more than gameplay other things matter much

Other things such as 'gimmicks'?

The day when gimmicks matter much more than gameplay will be the day true gaming would die.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Other things such as 'gimmicks'?

The day when gimmicks matter much more than gameplay will be the day true gaming would die.

Agreed - 'gimmicks' should never matter more than gameplay, but gameplay is only one part of a football game. Granted, it's the most important part, but for me at least some depth off the pitch is needed and in that area, PES has stagnated. For me, introducing some depth off the pitch - scrapping ML and replacing it with a mode closer to Fifa's CM (licences do not matter as much as content - the modders will take care of licences) is the only way PES can close the gap on Fifa but Konami seem content to remain behind Fifa and when 'NG' properly gets into its stride, the gap will be bigger than ever.

I don't understand why Konami seem to strive for complete realism on the pitch but leave the game off the pitch resembling a damn coin op arcade game. There isn't enough depth in ML to drown an ant.

And the way Konami have gone about the PC release this year is nothing short of bloody disgraceful. No PC demo before release - they said it would be available upon the day of release. No PC demo upon day of release - and as far as I know, there is still no PC demo. Off all the years to drop the ball with the PC version, this was a dumb one to choose, Konami - what with all the anger from PC gamers at not getting the Ignite engine for Fifa.

Users who are viewing this thread