India in Australia

Auwais

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Anil Kumble ripped through Australia on Day 3.

Close of play 4th test, Day 3

India 1st Innings 705/7 Declar. (Tendulkar 241*, Laxman 178, Pathan 13*) (Lee 4/201)
Australia 1st Innings 342/6 (Langer 117, Katich 51*, Lee 0*)
(Kumble 4/103)

Australia trail by 363 runs with 4 wickets in hand

sonic

Club Cricketer
I really hope Australia can make 500 and avoid the follow on - india don't deserve to win the series because where they excel with their top order, they have far too often looked second rate at killing off their opposition when bowling. I've seen a lot of this series and apart from Kumble the bowling efforts of the indians has been not a lot to be desired. Also Steve Waugh deserves to go out an unbeaten test captain - and not many can say that after leading their team out to 67 matches spanning some 7 years now. awesome record. Australia need 160 runs to avoid being put back in, and the test of character for the indians comes tomorrow morning - they've already dismissed the top order and i think the australian lower order are more than capable of finding the runs they require. :)

sachintendulkar

School Cricketer
Australia are in trouble now...its 391/7 and the only bats man they have left is katich if he gose before australia make 470 then the bowlers will not get the runs needed to avoid the follow on

Auwais

International Coach
Day 4 - Stumps 4th test

India 1st Innings 705/7 Declar. (Tendulkar 241*, Laxman 178, Pathan 13*) (Lee 4/201)
Australia 1st Innings 474 (Langer 117, Katich 125, MacGill 0*) (Kumble 8/141)
India 2nd Innings 211/2 Declar. (Dravid 91*, Tendulkar 60*) (Gillespie 1/32)
Australia 2nd Innings 10/0 (Langer 4*, Hayden 1*)

Australia trail by 432 runs with 10 wickets in hand

Sadistic_Shyte

Club Cricketer
Katich scored one of the best test hundreds I've seen in a while. To score that quickly and make it seem like there was no risk involved, not to mention his shot placement, were brilliant. His style reminds me a lot of Michael Bevan.

Rangeela

International Coach
Steve Waugh does a lap of honour at the end of the Sydney Test which resulted as a draw with series tie 1-1 and India retaining the border-gavaskar trophy.

Rangeela

International Coach
A 1-1 draw in the series sees India retain the Border-Gavaskar trophy after four hard-fought Test matches in Australia

squiz

International Coach
really i think India deserved the trophy after Australia's dreadful performance, i dont think we played that good in any of the tests, maybe except for Melbourne. Congratulations India, and Well Done STEVE WAUGH i really hoped that you could of gotten your last test hundred at the SCG.

Auwais

International Coach
Result - 4th test

Australia 1st Innings 474 (Langer 117, Katich 125, MacGill 0*) (Kumble 8/141)
India 2nd Innings 211/2 Declar. (Dravid 91*, Tendulkar 60*) (Gillespie 1/32)
Australia 2nd Innings 357/6 (Waugh 80, Katich 77*, Gillespie 4*)
(Kumble 4/138)

Match Drawn

Man of the match - S.R.Tendulkar
Man of the series - R.Dravid
Series - Australia 1-1 India

Well done to Steve Waugh for a fantastic test career, even though I believe he should carry on playing.

jonah

International Coach
Yeah, all the best to Waugh. Australian Test sides without him will take some getting used to.
Congrats to India for retaining the trophy, and to both sides for such a great Test.
Looking forward to the VB series now...

Users who are viewing this thread