Cricket Coach 2014 Now Released!

Gee Whatawanka

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
You seem surprised Cricketdude....

I've bought (not the current version) and I like it. Heaps of depth.

Pat

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I bought the latest version. Never thought I would like a management game, but I am really enjoying it. Career Mode is fantastic in Cricket Coach 2014.

ROlson

Club Captain
ENG....
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Is this game in existence (in any edition/year) anymore? I see that the developer still has it for sale on his website, but that doesn't make it a reality :)

Till Valhalla

ICC Chairman
The Boys
Profile Flag
Papua New Guinea
Is this game in existence (in any edition/year) anymore? I see that the developer still has it for sale on his website, but that doesn't make it a reality :)
I believe cc 2014 is the latest one.
A newer version is in works but had a long development till now

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
It was too easy-CC 2014. A good game, but easy to get going once you had set up your side and had a fixed strategy in place.

A new game was in the works, but seems it never saw the light of day

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
It was too easy-CC 2014. A good game, but easy to get going once you had set up your side and had a fixed strategy in place.

A new game was in the works, but seems it never saw the light of day

Still is in works but has been progressing at a glacial pace. The real world of cricket might outpace Oli if he doesn’t put this as first priority though.

ROlson

Club Captain
ENG....
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Thank you for the replies @Bevab @icyman @Till Valhalla ! I would like to give the game a try and see how it played like for a few reasons. The past few years, I have been feeding my cricket management hobby (addiction?) by playing "From the Pavilion" online due to no real teams near where I currently reside. Recently it has came to light that there has been some underhandedness going on there and I do not like that; spirit of the game and such. That, and seeing how to become "successful" in From the Pavilion is not really much of a success (to me anyways), I feel the need to look elsewhere to scratch that itch.

With that being said, nowadays, with all the cricket simulators people have created (along with the ease they can be created now), it should not really be a problem to create some sort of cricket management "thing" (for lack of a better term) that connects to some sort of simulator. Recently, I have been a play-tester for an upcoming game (cannot name or comment on due to NDA) and it is really a spreadsheet game at heart with a simple, yet elegant management side. I think if I could get to play around with this Cricket Coach game, and see its pros, cons, and layout I may get some inspiration to create one myself! There is definitely a niche need for such a thing as we all know.

I'm not a "game programmer" by any stretch of the imagination, but I do know a bit about making "spreadsheet games" now. With winter soon approaching, I think I could have a nice project to work on. And, it would get me a chance to learn a bit more about programming and such.

Will be looking for the demo of Cricket Coach now!

Users who are viewing this thread