Ashes Cricket 2013 Bugs

D

Dutch

So with the follow on crashing the game I realised that I had to get Australia past the follow-on mark before bowling them out.
I figured wide no-ball bouncers ought to do the job. Not a bit of it.

No ball. Nicked to keeper. Out. Follow-on crash...

----------

Edit: I'm defeated. My attempt to make it through an entire Ashes series is over. The game crashes regardless of the follow on mark. Oh well.

Brave effort Colin, though I think you are utterly, utterly mad and need help.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Doing that with the custom field settings was the first thing I did with the game, because of all the game design decisions that they made, it was the most monumentally stupid of all of them.

Considering how putting fielders around the bat and bowling spin worked pretty much all the time in AC09/IC2010, giving the full customisation to put a fielder anywhere only amplifies that basic issue.

I note that it isn't as effective in T20 matches, because the AI are more willing to hit over the top.

The amusing thing about it is that half the time the ball will get caught by those close in fielders and a wicket won't be given.

Meet

Chairman of Selectors
However, I liked that feature of placing the fielders wherever you would like to, but then, there should be some restriction on some field placements.
Is there a similar feature in DB14, or is it only possible to place fielders in pre-assigned positions? If they have included the feature, it would be great to place fielders in the place where we would like tom just like in the real cricket! But then I hope they do not repeat the mistake done by AC13.
I would be a bit disappointed if its not there, but in any way, it is not a very necessary feature and can be done with.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
The custom field options in the Cricket Academy are limited to pre-set fielding positions - I think that's the right decision, especially online (not like that was an issue for AC2013).

Super International Cricket/Cricket 96 limited the positions of the close in fielders but gave freedom elsewhere, which is a good compromise - but I still don't think there's a huge need for total freedom when it causes one of the most common cricket game bugs to get worse.

Users who are viewing this thread