Some Don Bradman Cricket 14 Release FAQs

We’ve been getting a lot of repeated questions via social media and on the forums about the release of Don Bradman Cricket 14, so I thought I’d try and field some of them in one place. These aren’t ‘official’ answers, but reflect the best of the information we have at the moment.

brad-1.jpg

When will the game release?
The 3rd of April is the official release date and should be the exact date in the majority of countries getting the game, though in some countries Friday releases are more common, so it might be the 4th in a few places.? As that date draws closer we expect details to become firmer in countries without specific details right now.

What’s happening with the release in the UK?
There’s no definite answer at this point. However – “There is stock going to the UK at the same time as everywhere else.” is the clearest statement so far that copies are on their way, the issues appear to be regarding finalising the announcement, not the actual distribution and getting the game released on time. As such, the recommendation is to try to wait it out for the next few weeks, though it shouldn’t be too long.

We will certainly be posting everywhere we can when we have a final word on UK distribution and expect news soon. I would suggest holding off on pre-ordering from any site – UK or international – for at least the next week or two.

Should I import from Australia?
The companies selling the game typically can only begin posting it out the day before the official release date – as such, there’s still a long window to wait and see for information in your local region before not getting the game as soon as possible starts being an issue.

As such, I suggest waiting – perhaps until next Friday – to see if details regarding release locally in your country are made available. Already since the original announcement, details of distribution in the UAE have been added by Tru Blu, and we expect that to continue over the coming weeks, with the US and Canada among the countries likely to see local online retailers.

What about Steelbooks?
In Australia and New Zealand, EB Games have the exclusive on Steelbooks, with them being available with pre-orders of the game. In India, pre-orders from Amazon and Flipkart will come with a Steelbook. Details in other countries are yet to be announced – so again, best to hold off on pre-orders until there’s final confirmation.

It is certainly strongly likely to be the general case everywhere with an official distributor – so we fully expect it to be the case for the UK as well, just again – we aren’t in a position to confirm it absolutely.

Can I play an imported copy on my console?
Yes. The game is region free on both Xbox 360 and on PlayStation 3 – so will play on any console regardless of country of purchase or whether it is PAL or NTSC.

When will the PC version release?
While the ‘two months’ that we’ve written previously might sound vague – it will likely be literally two months from the release day, so the first week of June.

Nothing is known at this stage regarding the potential for a physical DVD release of the game, so for now you may need to assume it will be a Steam digital download only, but a DVD release is not ruled out.

What about PSN/Xbox Live download versions?The same two month window applies to console download versions, so as above.

Will the game be on PS4 and Xbox One?
Not initially. Big Ant Studios have tweeted in the past that it’s in development – however the timeframe may have changed since the tweet was made.

What is a Steelbook?
A steel case to put your copy of the game in, here’s some pictures of one:

photo-1-225x300.jpg
photo-2-225x300.jpg
Hope that answers some of your questions, I’m fully aware that ‘we might know more soon’ isn’t a definite answer – but we don’t want to mislead anyone. The general suggestion is to hold off just a little big more before ordering a copy.

The general thread for discussion of the release is here, and we have specific threads for discussing the UK release, the release in Asia here and the release in North America here.

Article by Matt Whitehorn - Read More...

Users who are viewing this thread