Cricket Player Manager - 8th November Release

Andrew Banson

Club Cricketer
Hi guys,

I'd like to announce that on 8th of November, I will be releasing Cricket Player Manager for Android . I have been working on this game as a side-project for the past 12 months and the game is almost complete.

Screenshots: Screenshots | Cricket Player Manager
Uploaded Career: Sidath Zoysa

Cricket Player Manager is a turn-based strategy game, which involves managing a cricketer from 2nd grade level all the way through to selection in the national side. I originally came up with the idea of the game when I was a young teenager (almost 15yr ago), but I always wanted to come back and create the game "properly" as I really liked the concept of the game. I wanted to make the game for cricket fans who love the statistical side of the sport.

Gameplay:

• Manage a young promising cricketer from 2nd grade through to selection in the national team
• Hire staff such as coaches, physiotherapists, performance analysts, and more
• Play in domestic tours, international tours, and the Cricket World Cup
• Plenty of statistics and charts
• Every career is different – there are plenty of random events and player types
• Negotiate contracts with different cricket clubs around the world
• Manage sponsorship deals
• Track your player’s career history and awards
• Buy/sell shares on the stock market and buy/sell property to become a high earning manager
• Submit your player to the ‘online records’ and compare statistics with players from around the world

I currently have a small team of beta testers who have been testing the game and uploading player careers.

If interested, feel free to ask me any questions regarding the game prior to the release. Perhaps we can sneak in some extra features before the release too.

Regards,

Andrew Banson
Cricket Player Manager

dancingmongoose

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I have a few comments regarding the website:

The blog, google play and game features pages don't get the active class on them when they are the active page
Your carousel keeps transitioning even though it only has one slide
Your URLs leave a lot to be desired and will hurt you if leave them like that. cricketpm.com/Drupal/?q=node/8 should be something like cricketpm.com/google-play
Your favicon is the Drupal icon, I'd suggest changing it to whatever icon the app will have.
The player profiles pages aren't importing the stylesheets or menu

Sorry if I sound like a pessimist, I just happen to make websites for a living. I'm really intrigued by this game, it's just a pity that I don't have any android device

Last edited:

swacker

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
You must understand that Drupal is a CMS, which is similar to WordPress. And the urls will set into default once you install and resulting in /drupal as the subdomain. The same thing goes for the slider and favicon.

dancingmongoose

International Coach
You must understand that Drupal is a CMS, which is similar to WordPress.
Remember the part where I said I do this for a living?
And the urls will set into default once you install and resulting in /drupal as the subdomain.
I wasn't actually referring to that, but the fact that Drupal is being stored in a subdirectory is not ideal either. Go look up "SEO Friendly URLs".
The same thing goes for the slider and favicon.
For a start, if you only have one image, you don't use a carousel. Period. But if do, you can quite easily remove the transition, it will either have an option in the control panel and if not just remove it from the source code. And you save the favicon over the top of the existing one.

There are plenty of Drupal sites with both a proper favicon and SEO friendly URLs. Quite frankly, your post is pointless. Seriously, I shouldn't have to put up with this for trying to help someone

Last edited:

Andrew Banson

Club Cricketer
I have a few comments regarding the website:

The blog, google play and game features pages don't get the active class on them when they are the active page
Your URLs leave a lot to be desired and will hurt you if leave them like that. cricketpm.com/Drupal/?q=node/8 should be something like cricketpm.com/google-play
Your favicon is the Drupal icon, I'd suggest changing it to whatever icon the app will have.

Sorry if I sound like a pessimist, I just happen to make websites for a living. I'm really intrigued by this game, it's just a pity that I don't have any android device

Thank you for your feedback. Yes, I agree that the website needs some cleaning up. At the moment, the focus has certainly been on the game development. I must admit I don't know much about web development and as you can tell, I have used a Drupal template to try and get things up and running. Hopefully in time we can pay for it to be made professionally.

I've fixed this up. Except for the blog page.

I will be uploading more images soon to this slide - I have more to upload soon.

All fixed.

No longer the default icon. I have changed it, but I will upload a better one soon.

This was a last minute addition to the game. We will fix these up over the next few months.

Regards,

Andrew
Cricket Player Manager

dancingmongoose

International Coach
Awesome work. Drupal's one of the more advanced CMS' so you're doing well :thumbs

Owl

Club Cricketer
Was checking out the google play store page and this is really bizarre but you live like right next door to me. Really, really bizarre. Good luck with the game. Will have to pick it up soon. Am a sucker for sports management games especially if it is cricket.

Andrew Banson

Club Cricketer
That is crazy - small world indeed! U in Alexandra Street?

I actually didn't realise my address would be plastered over the Google Play page when I filled out the info....anyway :)

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Excellent game with lot of depth. I mentioned in the google play review also there is only one and only one thing missing in this game and that is that whatever game I play there should be an option to see the entire scoreboard of the team. I know its a lot as you would need a lot of player database or a name generator or something but no matter how fake the names are I would love to see the scoreboard of the match I played and not just the runs.

Also there is no exit button or back button to take to us back to main menu. Have to force close the application, something to look towards to.

Also loved that match fixing part, is there a way we could be saved or something and not always get banned? :p

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Got these two messages, one error and other I am not sure is an error

Screenshot_2014-11-08-17-37-53.png Screenshot_2014-11-08-17-38-04.png

Andrew Banson

Club Cricketer
Hey mate,

This was actually fixed last night (we found it after recent additions). Download latest update from Google Play.

If you get error, say no and restart.

Cheers,

Andrew[DOUBLEPOST=1415487386][/DOUBLEPOST]Sorry for the inconvenience too.

Andrew Banson

Club Cricketer
Although the fix was published to Google Play, it might take a few hours. I just checked and it may not be up yet.

Andrew Banson

Club Cricketer
Excellent game with lot of depth. I mentioned in the google play review also there is only one and only one thing missing in this game and that is that whatever game I play there should be an option to see the entire scoreboard of the team. I know its a lot as you would need a lot of player database or a name generator or something but no matter how fake the names are I would love to see the scoreboard of the match I played and not just the runs.

Also there is no exit button or back button to take to us back to main menu. Have to force close the application, something to look towards to.

Also loved that match fixing part, is there a way we could be saved or something and not always get banned? :p

Thanks for your feedback and thank you for adding a review to Google Play. I agree, a match scorecard would add a lot to the game. Even the ability see how other in-game players/teams are performing around the world. To make the development of the first version easier, we focused purely on the single player. In saying this, this is something that we would love to add to the game and we will start thinking about the best way to implement this.

In regards to the match-fixing, there is really no way to be saved. It is possible to get away with it, but your chances are slim. Unfortunately, most people will find out the hard way when they try out the match-fixing part - most of the time you're going to get caught and it is game over ;)

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Sorry for the inconvenience too.
No worries mate, game development isn't easy and I can easily see the hard work you and your team has put in.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Okay so few feedback and sort of review after playing this game for two career players (One involved in fixing :p & other retires peacefully)

You are asked to select First Name, Last Name and Country you represent, what I would love more is more countries involved and one very important thing and that is ability to select what played you want to be. Currently it directly generates me as an All Rounder. If I just want to be a bowler, I will only be a bowler and vice verse. The game has good longevity with respect to it being a mobile game. Also an exit button would be really appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread