PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan

_Sam_

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
it wasn't a suicide attack it was a faulty generator and it didn't even kill anyone! Did you even read the article? Don't just read the title please

The information minister is saying it was an attempted suicide attack while the PCB are saying it was a power transformer blast.

PokerAce

Banned
it wasn't a suicide attack it was a faulty generator and it didn't even kill anyone! Did you even read the article? Don't just read the title please

Dear sir, did you?

To quote from the article this is what your information minister said -

Pakistan’s Information Minister Pervaiz Rashid has said the blast that killed two people, including a police officer, near the Gaddafi Stadium in Lahore was a suicide attack. The blast took place at 9 PM yesterday when a day-night match between Pakistan and Zimbabwe was underway.“An attempt to attack the Gaddafi Stadium was foiled by the gallantry of a police official, who lost his life while trying to stop the attacker near Kalma Chowk,” Rashid told GeoNews.

If you think this is untrue, do take it up with the Information Minister.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Dear sir, did you?

To quote from the article this is what your information minister said -

If you think this is untrue, do take it up with the Information Minister.
"At this point of time its not possible for to me confirm or say something conclusive that whether it is a suicide attack or cylinder blast.All evidence collected says that most probably a cylinder blast took place in the three-wheeler autorickshaw. We have sent all the evidence to the forensic lab to confirm the nature of the blast."

"There was a statement from the (federal) government which came without speaking to us whether it was a suicide or cylinder blast but as a city police chief within 48 hours we will share all with you." The Capital City Police Officer Amin Wains

PokerAce

Banned
"At this point of time its not possible for to me confirm or say something conclusive that whether it is a suicide attack or cylinder blast.All evidence collected says that most probably a cylinder blast took place in the three-wheeler autorickshaw. We have sent all the evidence to the forensic lab to confirm the nature of the blast."

"There was a statement from the (federal) government which came without speaking to us whether it was a suicide or cylinder blast but as a city police chief within 48 hours we will share all with you." The Capital City Police Officer Amin Wains

Look this is as blatant a cover up as it gets.

How do you go from, "it was a suicide blast and one brave cop died stopping to bomber" to "oh a cylinder went off".

If a cylinder went off, then did a cop die or not, and if he did, then what the hell was he protecting? Its some U-Turn that, even by political standards.

IN any case, I presented a report that quotes the Info Minister saying it was a blast. If it wasn't then do update, when the cover up is complete.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
the minister said it was a suicide attack, not the police chief. so i can't see any u-turn
anyways, we'll find out in a couple of days

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Imran Khan Jr. seems to me a good potential but I have a feeling that Waqar Younis has put a label on him as being a "Test Bowler"

Personally, The one man who either needs to be changed or someone can come and put a cricketing brain in him is none other than our coach Waqar Younis. Note my statement friends, He won't let the team settle in. Under his coaching, Pakistan can never have a set batting order ever. As he keep making changes because he actually doesn't have sense of batting order. He has a long history of rotating things since the time when he was a playing captain.

Our local coaches have a bad habit of too much interference in the jurisdiction of captains. Coach job is just to assist, teach and facilitate, Not to dictate and make plans and enter players based on his likes and dislikes or with their dumb cricket brains..

Yesterday, Ramiz Raja asked Azhar Ali in the post-match presentation that what are the negatives you have in the team after the series. Azhar Ali simply had no clue his answer was "No, Definitely, Any weaknesses we have we will find out and sort it out" Thats quite unprofessional and lack of knowledge of the game i feel. Sometimes one wonders, does he really a captain or a spokesperson of Waqar Younis. I may sound bit harsh, but I am not... I am in chill mood. Enjoying [HASHTAG]#CricketComesHome[/HASHTAG] :) and Pak success in the matches. I am just looking at the bigger picture and Pak chances of qualifying to the champions trophy.

With this rusty bowling attack with a defensive captain and coach... Boy!! Sri Lanka can set New ODI World Records...... Junaid Khan needs to come back in his form ASAP. Wahab Riaz should forget the Watson Story and Australian Pitches now... Its over... Get over it and start remembering how to bowl in slow flat batting tracks..... You have to bowl according to particular pitches and match conditions...... Yasir Shah needs consistency in his playing 11 slot... Our bowling has to work a lot before it gets too late.... Needs Fit Irfan as well....

Last edited:

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
i think pakistan needs a foreign coach. we've always performed well under foreign coaches(except wc 2007 and ct 2013). our best days since bob woolmer came under dav whatmor

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
I kind of agree If the team unites well then even a national coach can do wonders under his jurisdiction like we saw Mohsin Khan was a good spirited coach and he had a good brain as well.

Users who are viewing this thread